Autoflower test run, first time with autos!

Oh yeah, this last week was nuts!

Photos from last Wednesday January 24th:

Growth was taking off mid-week and so I decided to run an experiment. Topped one, bent one and left one…

Strawberry cheese topped normally.

Pinot Noir x Galaxy Brain had the most vigorous growth so I’m leaving that one on its own.

Canna Cheese x Galaxy Brain bent using a Budtrainer clip.

7 Likes

Now for some bad news… I F’d up…

The Canna cheese plant wanted to resist and fight back. She pushed right through this little clip in half a day. I should have listened to her and taken off the clip…

Unfortunately, I tried to reposition the clip and was too rough on her. She was so fragile! Hard to believe seeing how strong she was growing…

Lesson #1, don’t be as rough on autos as you can be on photoperiod plants.

Guess she’s topped now… :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Weekend update, here is what they look like now:

Pinot, growing like a champ!

Strawberry Cheese, doing well however not as vigorous in the side node growth…

Canna Cheese recovering from my oopsie…

I’m beginning to think its best to just leave autos alone… :man_facepalming:

12 Likes

Man they’ve taken off quick! I’m a few weeks behind you, closer to a month, and I’m super antsy for my auto gals to all take off like this!
Had temps dip down to like 58-59 for a night or 2 and I thought everything was dead or super stunted so I resoaked and planted more seeds, now I have 7 plants instead of 4 bc I’m superrrrr bad about culling plants, I’ll just leave them in a small container and see what they do since they’re autos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Planted 1 in a beer can for shits

2 Likes

A beer can(na) bonsai… awesome idea!

2 Likes

I don’t usually top autos, but certainly have. I typically to a lot of bending and tying down, but only if they are stretchers. Some grow like a foot tall single cola so obviously, you’d be wasting your time messing with something like that. Great grow though, they look beautiful!

4 Likes

In the perfect can for it too!

6 Likes

OMG I absolutely love that! I hope it turns out well!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll keep any updates in my first auto grow thread :grin:
Cheers to your gals looking happy and healthy!

2 Likes

I typically start “messing with” mine when they get to the size of your pinot x in that picture. Then I may remove the top sets of fan leaves, which both stops them from shading the side shoots and reduces the energy they are receiving for growth since a lot of it comes from those leaves.

I do often bend mine over, and they do just like yours and turn right around again. Got to add multiple points of hold down. I use kebab / bbq skewers, which is kind of weird I think, but works well for me.

I also supercrop. They bend right back, but not in the squashed spot :wink:

They’ll slow a little bit from anything you do other than bending.

Sometimes I wait quite a bit longer to train them. There is less chance of snapping, and they really don’t seem to mind. I’ll think to myself that I just want to let them grow, but then if they start in on making a monster single cola I’ve got to intervene. I’m not set up for those.

7 Likes

I’ve come to the same conclusion, the same way. :smile:

True!

I’m leaving them alone now anyway, it’s nice seeing those single fat colas too. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

May have some signs of flowering beginning to show. They are currently 36 days from emergence, does that sound normal for autos?

Strawberry Cheese

Pinot noir x Galaxy Brain

4 Likes

@FalcoBlack .yes usually 3-4week average flower stage starts… It looks real good so far… Great work buddy

5 Likes

Confirmed flowering, this one is Pinot x galaxy

Strawberry cheese

strawberry cheese

9 Likes

They are looking good :muscle:
You will got some nice buds in this fabric pots
Dont go to heavy on ferts and it will be good
Peace out

3 Likes

Pinot noir x Galaxy brain pre and post de-leaf

2 Likes

Canna Cheese x Galaxy Brain pre and post de-leaf. This is the one that I broke…

3 Likes

Strawberry Cheese pre and post de-leaf.

5 Likes

Hello, here is a small update for week 6:

Growing tall, both the Pinot Noir and Strawberry cheese have hit a metre.

Canna Cheese x Galaxy Brain behind by a bit but still growing strong!

6 Likes