Yeti's Bustin' Buds with BBP!

It starts.

Am doing a comparison run (mostly) with BudBuster Pro.

There are a couple of other comparison grows going (@JohnnyPotseed and @Syn), mine will give a better example of how the product works when you do a ton of stuff wrong.

I’m growing in amended soil (worm castings, composted manure, bat poop, shrimp & kelp, mycorrhizae +++) in a fairly cool, dry basement.

Temps will be 21-23°C lights on, down to 17’ish lights off.

Timing couldn’t be better as I’m actually down to my LAST 4 Strawberry Shortcrack seeds…I gave almost all of them away!

One is above ground 4 days, 2 more just soaked 24 hrs and into seed starter pods. The one that’s up will be BBP’ed and then reversed with Elitexelite spray to make pollen so I can hit one or both other Shortcrack plants to make more seeds and crosses for us all to enjoy.

47 Likes

I’m going to watch this one cuz. Interested to see how it goes! Good growing vibes to ya!

4 Likes

Right on! Watching with interest along with JPS grow. I actually have the small bottle in my cart. …

4 Likes

I don’t know why but this topic really speaks to me…

Excited to see how this transpires.

2 Likes

Good luck, hope it lives up to the hype. I applaud all of you who are testing this product.

Is anyone doing a side by side with clones? I would love to see someone to a proper scientific study of this product. Growing out a larger population of clones (N >= 20), selecting which ones are treated randomly, and maybe even comparing it to another product.

Without that, how do we know that the product is making a difference or if the difference is genetic? With a small population of plants, how do we know the results are statistically significant?

19 Likes

Agreed with @ReikoX without testing on a larger population of clones doesnt really count.

1 Like

I plan on doing that fairly soon.

I’ll be setting up for spring planting right after these.

That will have many opportunities to see how this works with clones.

7 Likes

I disagree.

If there are visible differences across multiple grows that to me shows product efficacy.

If the product didn’t work we would see half the untreated plants being bigger and more robust.

3 Likes

I look forward to the clone test. Best of luck.

5 Likes

Great ‘flag markers’! :+1:

I love your approach, comparison runs are great.
I’ll park over on the left and start loading the party bong :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Toothpicks and tape…lol

5 Likes

LETS GOOOO!!!

Interested to see what you get from it.

your not scarifying your plant :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Damn Skippy, Hippy! I’m gonna be watching you grow this, Yeti, if’n you don’t mind me hangin’ out!
Good luck, Chapter 3 has begun!

3 Likes

OMGS THE FLAGS!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
This is gonna be a great show.

3 Likes

That pic makes me think of a little being, stepping out of its ship, having time traveled with a message from the past, to influence our thoughts in the present, and shape our collective future.

2 Likes

I started germinating those SSC seeds today. My basement is a bit on the chilly side like yours hope they don’t mind lol

1 Like

Tuned in for this!
I’m with @ReikoX on this. He did offer to pay for testing if I recall correctly with @JohnnyPotseed run. Interesting indeed.:green_heart:

3 Likes

He is paying for the test, yep cuz
So, I’m thinking that’s a lot of ‘confidence-in-product’… and also a good move since it’ll put to rest the possibility of any failed compliance testing, as Bob says…
In other words, he’s that sure of the product! I’m seeing tangible results here and fully expect to see everything good all the way, to be honest.

4 Likes

No, but water is a big issue here…no r/o filter and ph goes as high as 8.4 in he winter…

I’m using melted snow & ice when I can!

5 Likes

Lol that’s it? This is my tap and I love it!

No r-o, stright from the city

High PH makes heavy nute feeding great, 2.2EC and my ph is roughly 5.8, then I add 7 grams of K2CO3 to bring my ph up to 6.5

5 Likes