Autoflowering plant problems

This is my first time with autoflower plants and I have problems with germination and growing. Out of five seeds I only have two that cracked and two others cracked but just are not growing. One did nothing. The two that are in pots just don’t grows. After a week and a half they don’t even show signs of there first set of true leafs. I don’t want to give them any fertilizer for fear of burning them. The other two sprouted but won’t grow. One I hab to put back in a paper towel to get a larger root. Yet it shows no sign of breaking out of the soil. As far as I know the seeds are fresh. I ordered them from nirvana seeds and started them within a week of getting them. Does anyone else have this type of problem with autoflower? Nirvana has a skunk auto on sale and I was going to order but now I don’t know. Any help or ideas would be grateful. I will try to post a pic or two later. Thank you all for your time and help.

1 Like

I doubt it has anything to do with them being autos, I didn’t have issues with mine from @ReikoX. I would venture to said it was just something wrong with the seed stock, my guess would be old stock… But there are other factors, what are you sprouting them in?

5 Likes

I sprout them in paper towels. As soon as they show roots. The root is no more then a eighth of an inch when they go into pots. That way they don’t grow into the paper towel. Here are the pics I talked about

This plant has done nothing since being planted.

This plant is a little better but not much. The third plant was planted it the same time.

The autos are lemon og haze, the other plant is a girl Scott cookie. All these plants are the same age. Planted at the same time. Here they are again from above.
plant one.
plant two.
The girl Scott.

Thank you all for your help.

Looking like they are just hunting for light and maybe nutrients but fine otherwise, also i notice what looks to be a heavy peatmoss fluff type potting mix ? Care to elaborate on what and how you’ve been watering, pH ? ec? of water in and run off.

Also what setup are they under ?

We will get you sorted.

5 Likes

I’d use a 2-2-2 100% organic fish and kelp fertilizer but I grow outdoors so what do I know

You see this all the time. The more you watch a plant and worry about it the slower it will grow.
They are really stretched for an auto seedling and they require more light. They are in soil so nutrients not such a good idea until they get a bit bigger and stronger. They DO look nice and green though so they are healthy enough.

4 Likes

I recommend getting an EC/TDS pen. So you know exactly what you are putting in. Some of them run at like $12.

HppHrvst

1 Like

I just had a problem like this, I had a few that weren’t getting any bigger and the the other two took off like champs. I hadn’t given anything any food yet so I decided to hit em with half strength nutes even though they weren’t very big. Perked em right up and they took off. Need for nutrients is different from plant to plant when your working with seeds.

1 Like

Well we don’t need to worry about plant one. It was dead this morning. As for light they have been outdoors so they can’t need light. It rained on them so I brought them in to dry out. As for the soil, I have one complete grow and plants doing very well in the same. Plant three is in the same soil. I did down size the pot on the one plant I have left. Took it back to a 4 inch pot this morning. Hopefully that will help the roots expand and it will take off. I don’t know what to do about seeds now. Thank you all for your help.

The first two photos, look like week plants. It happens. The rest look ok to me, if not just being slow. The plant may be expanding energy sending down its tap root. What size pots are they in?

The soil looks like it’s gone hydrophobic, it looks dry. I would try adding a mulch layer and using a wetting agent next watering. A light dose of fertilizer like kelp might kick start them too.

2 Likes