Automatic Writing

Nice haul! Congrats on the finished grow, hopefully it smokes well!

1 Like

:speaking_head: @Randar - this is 2.5 oz’s of a 50/50 mix BC/JLo. She smokes like a DREAM :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Awesome. Love to see people blending strains. One of my favorite ways to smoke.

2 Likes

I can smell it from here. Drooling on down the front front of me and everything. Should see the way the dog is looking at me

2 Likes

:speaking_head: ROTFLMFAO :rofl::sunglasses:

1 Like

Man… I have not been on the OG as much as normal as there is a bunch of work in the garden and life has been a bit hectic lately.

I am glad to see you ended up pulling more than a pound out of your grow.
Your plants/grow looked great!

Cant wait for …

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

3 4 A :key: Grow coming up October 1st
Selected Auto Strains:
• Scarlet Runtz
• Black Cream
• Double Grape

6 Likes

That “Double Grape “, is that Mephisto? Got one them in coco now

4 Likes

:speaking_head: @Cybersmib that would be the one :+1:t3:
Looking forward to this:

Reference photo provided by @GCBudz

2 Likes

The pic you posted was one I ran from my first pack, I bought a few more since.

The above pic is a bud from a buddy, who took a few of my beans and did the reversal. That was an S1 bean he tested I believe? @LoveDaAutos would be able to tell ya for sure.

I’m chomping at the bits to see what you do with her…

8 Likes

I use to love hanging out and trimming with guys, man we had a lot of fun

2 Likes

:speaking_head: @OlManHenry Looking forward to seeing you about 1st of January! :laughing: :v:
ssmokeit

1 Like

Yes, that bud came from a plant grown from one of the S1 seeds I made.

2 Likes

I did a few of the double grapes outdoors, good smoke but low yield. I attribute lack of skill, and really erratic coastal weather.

Funny your accidental auto, I have the opposite. Been only growing autos since I took up growing again. The batch I am growing now turned out to be photos. Wish I would have known, I would have been more aggressive with the training. 3 out 4 turned out to be males anyway, but the 4th is now filling a 3x3 tent and that was with only minor LST and no topping.

Many paths to the top of the mountain, but ahhhhh - the journey!

Do you run a rez with your DWC?

No I don’t run a rez with my dwc. I’ve been moving towards coco. My dwc plants were becoming unmanageable( light stress/burn). Still working on finding my niche and believe I’m close.

Good growing

3 Likes

Personally, I love 50:50 coco/perlite in small containers and drip feed irrigation. Once it’s set up and running the maintenance is pretty low.

2 Likes

I mix a commercial 70/30 mix with peat and extra coco. The auto drip irrigation is next on the todo list.

3 Likes

Howdy BU2B,

For the PPP method, what do you mean when you say that all vertical growth is removed until a diameter of 12 inches?

1 Like

Notice in these two diagrams - both of side branches; all vertical growth on side branches are removed until the plant is ready to grow up and out. Usually 9-12 inches in diameter when viewed from above.

You can allow upward growth on side branches but I find it makes the undergrowth far too dense and I just end up culling the majority anyway (if I let them grow).

Actual photo reference:

:v:
EDIT - For an auto IF you can accomplish this structure and have it complete by the end of week 5 (yes all of that IS doable by the end of week 5) it will take your auto harvest yield from 2-3 oz to 8-12 oz regardless of growing medium. The trick for either autos or photos is to find an effective AND high producing strain and once you do … this method WILL kick behiney and work consistently. The advantage of using this method on autos with Hydro is that in Hydro plants will grow more rapidly during the same period of time. As auto’s are time triggered not photo triggered this can be a significant advantage in your 2-4 week training period☸️

7 Likes

Wow! Great diary and grow! Awesome! Bravo!

John