Automatic Writing

:speaking_head:You are most certainly welcome @Gizmo
A big and I mean BIG Thank You goes to @GrouchyOldMan who was not only the motivator but wordsmith extraordinaire and did an amazing job of compiling and deciphering my meaning more times than once.

It is amazing how many ways good people can nicely say “WTF are you talking about? Exactly?!” :joy:

4 Likes

Automatic Writing
3 September 2022

Saturday’s Sampler Assessment -

Thoughts on JLo after just smoking a bowl:

The buds are light and very fragrant almost overpoweringly sweet. The trichomes are abundant and makes the buds feel sticky to the touch. When ground the buds compact into tight oil drenched nuggets that will adhere to each other well in a glorious and resinous honey packed bowl. Putting a flame to the flower releases a smooth tasty draw that coats the mouth and tongue in a light fruit and sarsaparilla root flavor. The high from JLo takes a few good tokes to develop. Once it does it’s more of weight off your chest and shoulders than a droning behind the eyes and feels more like Crimson and Clover than The Levee. It’s a good Sunday afternoon kickin back on the porch high, not overpowering but a welcome companion for the journey. After 30 minutes or so you’ll find you have settled into a very relaxed and calm state with “ahhh. Well I don’t really know her, but I think I could love her … “ running through your head :sunglasses:

Black Cream Sample assessment coming up on the other day off - tomorrow. :wink::v:

6 Likes

Automatic Writing
4 September (actually a little before midnight but close enough for rock n roll)

Sundays Sampler Assessment - Black Cream

If JLo is Crimson and Clover Black Cream is without a doubt Right Where It Belongs (v2) by Nine Inch Nails. Like the song the buds are beautiful, blissful and dark. Also like the songs lilting melody and lyrics she is quite capable of making you question the accepted norm and sending your head off pondering probabilities of reality. She’s pretty, packs a wallop, and truly does put your brain and your body - right where it belongs! The taste is true to its name; smooth, dark and yes, creamy. For me I find her just the right balance of head high and body high. Just the ticket for aches and pains and stoney enough to keep you happy while you’re immobile and thinking about moving. Or, uh, maybe I did move; a little to stoned to remember where I was before. :drooling_face:

Harvest pics coming ‘early’ Monday morning :sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

Automatic Writing
4 September 2022

The girls need some curing time.
Harvest photos 1 day earlier than expected.

First out of the chute - JLo

9 Likes

Automatic Writing
4 September 2022

Black Cream Harvest Day photos-

After 7 hours up close and personal with JLo, the Black Cream was destined for the bud spinner. Thank goodness those buds were nice and firm. I got a decent trim and even if I didn’t, it’s gonna have to do this time. And here she is now, ladies and gentlemen; THE Black Cream

11 Likes

Automatic Writing
4 September 2022

Automatic bonus - wet trim was shaken in a 220 micron bubble bag for 8 grams of fresh Keif -

11 Likes

Great job @BU2B just got caught up on this thread

:+1::+1::+1:

Black cream looks great nice colors

3 Likes

:speaking_head: Thanks @Papalag
It was a blast really. You’ll never forget your first time (growing autos) :joy:

3 Likes

Since I saw your bowl trimmer… And I happen to have one…

MAN do they beat up buds. But I got a routine for that! Main colas are hand trimmed (you spent months growing em, you can spend a few hours trimming em!)

But the rest go thru the bud bowl. 50% comes out as nugs, 50% comes out as super potent trim (I say this because hand trim = some sugar leaves, bowl trim = sugar leaves, parts of nugs, WAY more bud). I save ALL of my bowl trim (except that one time I forgot to bag and freeze it, and 4 days later it was molded UGH). Freeze that stuff, then do a run of bubble hash :slight_smile: My freezer is getting full and I gotta run some bubble soon now that I think of it LOL

3 Likes

:speaking_head:@Nagel420 I totally agree re: the bud spinner. It’s just - that much better than nothing. But when I stood up after 7 hours with JLo I was thanking my lucky stars it was an available option. Like you, I save it all if it’s got any frost, it’s oil or hash or something useful :wink::+1:t3:

2 Likes

Ya need to make a curing tent :wink: That way you trim on your schedule and aren’t forced to do two ladies at once. REALLY changed the game for me. Mine is a little more complex than most, as I have a mini humidifier and mini dehumidifier with triggers in home assistant, using a govee temp / RH monitor. I can dial it in to the exact percent, and technically leave plants hanging for weeks. The ability to chart the humidity shows you when the plant is dry even! (or at your chosen humidity I should say).

Finally… Its clear your friends are dicks like mine are. Sure, they’ll smoke it, but ask them to come over and help trim? Yeah, them bitches always find a way outta trimming… ROFL I remember back in college getting like 6 guys over here, and hand trimming a days work in like 2 hours at night. Where are those guys now!!!

5 Likes

Automatic Writing
5 September 2022

I’ve posted the Harvest Day Video

Final weight coming up in a few days :+1:t3::v:

4 Likes

Automatic Writing
6 September 2022

Announcing “3 4 A :old_key:
I’m on an auto mission to see if I can get a kilo of dried and cured flowers from three auto’s. I know for sure one is gonna be Black Cream not only is she a great producer of fat firm buds but some damn fine smoke as well. I love this stuff! I also know one of the other plants is going to be Scarlet something, but I have 4 Scarlet strains to choose from so I’m not sure which yet.

The plan is to start the grow and the “3 4 A :old_key:” journal October 1st with harvest right around New Years Day.

Stay tuned dried flower weight coming up soon. :v:

6 Likes

It’s doable, especially if you top early on. I was able to pull a pound from 2 plants. Good luck!

1 Like

:speaking_head: @Randar I’m keeping my fingers crossed for 1+ lbs from the current harvest. :crossed_fingers::v:

Automatic Writing
8 September 2022

Grow Totals:
Not included - trim/sugar leaf or 37 grams unmanicured buds.

Thank you all so much for following along and for all the help and comments. 3 4 A :old_key: Journal starts October 1 2022.

Total Days for the grow: 81
Total Days from germination to ready for cure 90✌️

10 Likes

Nice haul! Congrats on the finished grow, hopefully it smokes well!

1 Like

:speaking_head: @Randar - this is 2.5 oz’s of a 50/50 mix BC/JLo. She smokes like a DREAM :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Awesome. Love to see people blending strains. One of my favorite ways to smoke.

2 Likes

I can smell it from here. Drooling on down the front front of me and everything. Should see the way the dog is looking at me

2 Likes