Automobile fans on Overgrow

OG Car Fans
Yesterday Elon Musk confirmed on Twitter that his roadster will post 1.1 second 0 to 60 mph

3 Likes

Dayum! That’s Top Fuel Dragster trap speed. Those G-forces will snatch a knot in your ass!

3 Likes

MY 'lil red GTO I had a few years back. Mostly stock here. (Before cam swap)

6 Likes

My dd car, it’s mostly stock, besides new ngk spark plugs wires and coils. Cold air intake, front and rear tower bars, and sway bars, muffler delete, and coilovers. Also had to have a momo wheel with ngk quick release. I love spinning my tires :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That’s sweet, I love the 06 gto.

3 Likes

Now that looks like fun! What was involved in installing the harness?

The inertia reel and locking mechanism in my stock 3 point seatbelts has failed, so I am going to get the belt replaced with a harness.

1 Like

I have a small searbelt bracket behind the seat so the suicide door doesn’t open on that side…but it’s for when I’m drifting I like to stay in the seat and be able to kick the clutch and control the car instead of being thrown around In the seat. What is cool is its snap in, and I can remove if it’s getting in the way of daily driving. Half cage is next.

1 Like

I mistook your question, it took removing the seatbelt bolts, replacing with bolts with eye holes and it snapped in. Same behind the seat, and then a bracket for safety.

2 Likes

Have the identical car…lol about 90% done on an ls3 swap…need to get back on that…lol

2 Likes

That’s sick af. Right on! I want a 2jz in mine. Dreams come true lol.

2 Likes

When I turned 50, I told my wife I needed a sports car . . . or a 25 year old blonde. She agreed to the car.

So I started looking at used Mazda MX-5s & Fiats etc. I quickly realized that for the same cash, I could buy the car I really wanted . . . a Porsche 911. To hit the price range though, I shopped 20 year old mid-80s cars. Since I traveled the eastern US all the time for business, I had a wide range of territory to watch. I saw dozens of cars - most were well-used & not suitable. After 6 months & sending 3 likely candidates for PPI inspections (they all failed), I was down $1000 & I still didn’t have a car. Then finally in Ft. Lauderdale, I had a free morning & an Autotrader ad for a 1987 Cabriolet. I phoned & the seller was available so I drove over to see it. A woman – the wife of the original owner – was selling it because the clutch was too stiff for her now, so she was going to get an SL Benz or something. She tossed me the keys & went off to the mall & told me just to bring the car back when I was done & put the keys under the mat. A trusting soul. I bought the car. Of course.

I had the car shipped to Canada & started working. Even though I had never worked on a car before, I could not afford the car AND Porsche service, so I was committed to doing it all myself. So armed with a Bentley manual & the Internet, I became a decent hack Porsche mechanic.

But, all good things must pass. After 17 years of ownership, I sold the car last month. Technically, I doubled my money since they have gone up nicely in value. But of course, the cold hard reality is that I probably broke even. But I had the car of my dreams for 17 years.

10 Likes

4 Likes

That’s one of my cars. 1997 toyota chaser tourer v.
Custom painted by me. I also have a 1970 challenger (needs restoration) 2018 camry a a daily and a 2008 tundra as the shop/dog truck. 50state and are in the process of buying a new shop for custom paint and auto body repair. So excited. Ill post up some of our recent work

5 Likes

9 Likes

Sick paint jobs, and sick cars man!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

That’s a real feat amongst dudes & gearheads. :+1:

I’ll never forget reading an autotrader ad long ago… “45k invested, asking 11k, wife says kid needs college money or she’ll leave with the kid” :neutral_face:

:evergreen_tree:

I have been very fortunate with cars.
Here is a list of some of my favorites.
1998 300gt vr4
1992 bmw 850i
1994 TT supra
1999 WS6 Trans am
2002 SS camaro (still have it)
1985,86,88,91 Iroc or z28.
95 z28
Couple xj jags
Wow…was trying to make a quick list, but realized its quite extensive. I lived, breathed and ate cars for many years.
I am slowly aquiring cars now for my collection, just this time nothing gets sold. Last one I sold was a 1965 fastback mustang…paid for our house.
Oh, my current DD…one bad ass N/A 2010 ss camaro…almost 650hp at the WHEELS, as of last dyno pull.

Oh, ya…I am not much of a truck person, but I do need a truck…so I have a 2006 f250 king ranch, that had a blown up 6.0 powerstroke in it. Now she is bullet proof, and blows almost 30psi without a load…so it’s a bad ass truck also. Hahaha. When I pulled my kids stock 2014 SS with it, I thought he was gonna cry :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hey, I had one of those. It was a 2004 GTO - what a beauty. Talk about a fun car to drive! Mine was a Barbados Blue 5 speed. :wink:

5 Likes