Autopot medium question

Hey guys I’m pretty new to both autopots and coco,I’m wondering if any fellow autpot users what nutes your running and medium? I’m running 50/50 coco perlite but the plants are tiny after about a month l,the coco never seems to dry out even after turning the res off like 2 weeks ago,I usually use promix and it dries out very fast but they said not to use it but I’m new to coco and it doesn’t seem to be drying back at all?

4 Likes

I personally use canna coco coir no perilite added (dehydrated bricks) and jacks 321. I was told when I had first started using autopots to not hook up the system until they want watered daily to avoid having to clean the line more often. I will get my plants to where they want watered daily with the autopots. I didnt like how the fabric bags held onto moisture so much so I went with rain science plastic mesh backs to allow for better dry back and more watering to those plants that dry back quicker obviously. 50/50 seems a bit much on the perilite. Most blends are 70/30 the 30 being perilite so im surprised your not seeing dryback. What’s the pot size and material?

2 Likes

@Patriots781 Pics to show I use autopots. I rock the geopot XL setup 4 auto trays per tent for 2 tents. When im rocking and rolling with big plants 4 per tent the 25 gal res will last a week at max. I also have the 13 gal reservoirs but they only last 3 days and i wanted something to last a week if I had to go somewhere When I ran 2 plants in the 4x8 I got an amazing yield off of my chemtek. Finished product (dried and cured) was a tad over 1.5lbs from that plant

5 Likes

Personally I wait to turn the valve on from reservoir when plants are as wide as the container. That’s considering the seed was dropped in container and not vegged in another smaller container.

4 Likes

@LL342 also grows in autopots he might have some more input

1 Like

I’m not using autopots but on my first coco grow, do you have pics of the plants? Could be over watering to where they aren’t building a good root system.

1 Like

I second that! But also I have some strains that are just slow in veg. Like I’ve been vegging this 89 NL5 out for almost 2 months and she still isn’t every branch past the outside of the pot and while the other plants have been wanting watered every 3 days or so that plant is still like 1x a week. Noticed the same thing with my cotton candy mother as well very slow growth while the others have taken off in the mother tent so theres that strain dependent factor

1 Like

For sure, some are very very slow in veg. Weighted blanket was like that for me.

1 Like

Im very much new to autopots as well. Im running the smallest size. The 2.2 gallons. I have 5 of them in my 5x5. I think the key with these is to make sure they are well established in veg before turning on your reservoir. My medium is Fox Farms coco loco and my nutes are just canna a+b, and epsom salt. Will start adding a very low dose of canna pk once my plants start to bud. I top fed all of my plants for a few weeks before hooking up the rez. My tent ia blowing up!!! Goodluck and im excited to help / share any info with anyone starting their autopot journey. This system is incredible

4 Likes

I wish I went with smaller pots they establish quicker,what are you guys running in veg and flower as far as ppms or ec?

1 Like

Veg 1.8 ec flower 2.1 ec

Hey everyone,

yea I run autopots xl 4 pot system for my flower tent in 3x3. Using pure coco, but will be switching to 70/30 coco/perlite bags for less work to buffer coco lol. Light is spider farmer sf2000. Love the results I get for such an easy hands of grow system. The vivosun e42 growhub controller helps me dial in the tent environment.

I use the autopots after ive vegged the plant out enough in a 3gal for 1 or 2 months depending on strain growth, and then turn it on after 1-2 weeks of transplanting into the autopot system. I use full strength jacks 321 all the way through veg and flower. I just dilute the full strength to the appropriate level for the plant depending on age. Veg is about 600-800 ppms and flower is 900-1200ppms. This seems to work best for me. Res gets filled every week and cleaned and scrubbed with dawn antibacterial soap.

Transplanting use mycos from extreme gardening, it helps alot for root growth.

2 Likes

I use Autopots also. I have 3 different tents with them in various sizes, ie; 2 tents w/ 3.9gal, and one w/6.6gal. I use either Royal Gold Tupur, or Nectar for the Gods #2 coco mixes. Both mixes are fairly equal and are 70/30 and I throw in a couple cups of perlite to get to approx. 60/40. As for mycorrhiza, I use either Extreme Myco or Clonex myco. Both of the coco’s I use are also inoculated with myco. Mega Crop has been my go-to notes for the past several years, grows exceptional smoke, but this current grow I’m trying Jack’s 321 for ease. Cleaning after Mega Crop sucks… Once I have a seedling going I will hand water it for the first 10 days. After that I start at 600ppm and gradually work my way up to 1.8-2.2, depending on what the plants want. Seems to be fairly consistent with what everyone else has mentioned. My guess is that you have over watered. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Where do you guys get jacks 321? is it a whole nutrient lineup or just one? I see jacks but no 321