Axis Mundi's Biophilia: a tale of tinkering in the weeds

I’m new to the fine arts of cannabis home growing. I’m attempting a perpetual, at least for a few months to get enough for personal use. I plan to make some capsules/edibles and store enough to have the occasional toke/vape.

I’ve built 3 LED lights. One consists of 8 - 3070s, dimmed to 150ish watts. I have 2 x bridgelux EB Gen2 strip lights, one with 16 strips, one with 12. The majority of the strips are 3500k range with a few 4000k/5000k thrown in.

My current/first personal grow saw some bumps in the road:

DHxLBL

Mountain Temple:

My soil is off, I think it’s from pH but not certain. I purchased a few bags of organic soil from Home Depot and I’ve mixed it so we’ll see how the new plants adjust. The plants almost finished are Deadhead x LBL (freebies from Bad Dawg) and a single Mountain Temple from Bodhi.

All the plants are at 49 days flower in the pictures above. The MT likely has another 2+ weeks as it’s still throwing out new pistils and adding weight. The DHxLBL will be harvested in the 7-14 days, as soon as I catch a hint of amber they’ll be pulled.

More to come shortly

10 Likes

nailed it man!

I’m :popcorn: now! keep updating

2 Likes

Dont be too hard on yourself, those look pretty good for 49 days. It does look like the soil mix was a little hot at one point, but the plant should start to enter senescence (plant death) soon anyway.

4 Likes

Pretty darn good for being “new” at this fine art :smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my single More Cowbell OGKB remix. I figured out yield will improve greatly with just an additional week or two of veg time. The MCOGKB vegged for about 6 weeks. It’s been in flower for 9 days and has only grown 7 inches, close to a 50% increase in height. Many side branches so I hope she yields decently well.

6 Likes

Pulling up a seat and getting comfy :hamburger::fries::smoking:

1 Like

New week with new growth:

Deadhead x Long Bottom Leaf 1, Day 56 flower - I believe I’ll chop this in the next week:

Deadhead x Long Bottom Leaf 2, Day 56 flower - has probably 7-14 more days left:

Finally the sole Mountain Temple, day 56 flower - probably 14+ days away still

More Cowbell OGKB still growing, day 14 flower:

9 Likes

First is a DHxLBL flower shot, this was a lower flower trimmed up around day 60:

The 2nd DHxLBL was dropped around day 63. Pics forthcoming.

Mountain Temple at day 64:

More Cowbell OGKB remix at day 22:

6 Likes

Another week, another update —

Rasberry Hashplant starting to get settled in, will be transplanted one more time before flower.

Dread Bread x SSDD, can’t figure out how to water them correctly:

Mountain Temple, day 70 flower:

More Cowbell OGKB remix, day 28 flower:

Hope to have some harvest shots of the Mountain Temple in the coming week.

7 Likes

Are you lifting the container?

More Cowbell looks like it’s going to be great.

1 Like

Thanks Cannacrab. I’ve just been eyeballing it and feeling the fabric pots but these DBxSSDD are way more difficult. They don’t respond to my current system. I’m going to try drying them out more and smaller waterings. Between those two, I hope to find the right balance.

The MCOGKB has been a champ thus far. No issues while growing, cloned easily as well. I have two of it’s offspring coming up behind it. Expect them to go into flower in a few more days, they need just a bit of time to recover from transplant. Running a small experiment. I have two clones taken at the same time from same location, rooted almost identically. One was transplanted to a 10 gal fabric while the other was left in a 3 gal fabric. They’ll both be flowered in 2 more days and I want to see how it affects them.

Thanks for the message.

4 Likes

Another week, another update.

More Cowbell OGKB day 35 Flower

Mountain Temple getting closer, day 77 flower:

Single Dread Bread x SSDD just starting flower:

Should have a number of better pics in the coming week

7 Likes

Another week in the books.

Dread Bread x SSDD, 1st day flower

More Cowbell OGKB day 42 flower

Dread bread x SSDD day 10 flower

More Cowbell OGKB clones

Same More Cowbell OGKB day 42 flower

Mountain Temple harvested, day 82-83 flower

Hope everyone is having a peaceful week

4 Likes

the mountain temple looks amazing!

what’s the smell on her

1 Like

Hi TJ, too early to tell on smell. The lower branch “testers” that are getting close smell almost like Lemon Pickle. It’s strange but still alluring, certainly I’m anxious to test it out. I’ll give the lower popcorn nugs another day before grinding them up and taking it for a spin.

Once they’ve had time in the jar, I’ll give a more detailed report.

2 Likes

@AxisMundi Mountain Temple is on my want list.

I have OGKB and GG4 x Wookie15 that I want to run really soon.

How do you compare OGKB to Mountain Temple?

Thanks for sharing.

:peace: :herb: :crab:

Hi Cannacrab, I can’t really compare the OGKB to MT in anything besides growth patterns.

Mountain Temple - almost no trichomes the first 4 weeks in flower. Grew maybe 1-2 inches in flower but packed on the weight. Thin sativa leaves without the sativa stretch. This a production strain, it gave me a lot of flowers for such a short plant.

OGKB - what I would consider a ‘broad leaf’ indica (or at least what I understand of that description). I only had one female, incredibly resinous/packed in trichomes so far. Looks like an early finisher with at least 1/2 of the pistils turning red.

It’ll be a while before I can compare the finished product. I can say the lower tester MT bud was very enjoyable. The first hour was intense, energy-producing ‘get shit done’ then it mellowed out into a more passive, relaxing feeling.

The lone MT I have will be good for wake-n-bake and daytime enjoyment, especially when you have a list of stuff to do. Can’t wait to run a full pack (or three)

2 Likes

@AxisMundi I was really hoping the Mountain Temple would be stimulating like that. It’s another strain I was thinking about grabbing just for that reason. Structure is great on it. OGKB is just gorgeous and I hope there are some thcv chemotypes. I got 12 seed in my pack of 11 somehow. Feeling lucky with the OGKB.

@Cannacrab

Here’s some Mountain Temple dried flower shots. They’re still running around 64-65% humidity at this point, I’ll slowly bring them down but close enough for now.

Again, heavy yielder and the high is enjoyable. Just need patience to finish flowering. I could’ve given them an additional 4-7 days but I needed to make room.

With scissors for size comparison. These weren’t the biggest flowers, i just grabbed a couple decent sized flowers off the top.

4 Likes

Dread Bread x SSDD clones:

DBxSSDD day 18 flower:

DBxSSDD day 8 flower:

5 Likes