Back from the abyss to find more lightning - cannabiogen durban x bodhi's jungle spice

I don’t, do you recommend?

The main things I’ve been trying to figure out are my huge EC and PH swings - every 4 days I go up in PH by one entire point, and my EC will go from 1.6 to 2.2 or so. I’m thinking it’s possible the PH is affecting the EC due to uptake.

I wish more Big Lez was being produced, what a gem, well played.

What’s the system? Flood and drain?

1 Like

Recirculating “ebb and flow” in buckets - 55 gal drum res to 8 2 gal pots with hydroton. Three fills daily, 15 mins of flood a piece!

If it matters - Jack’s 321 on old recipe (3.6, 2.4, 1.2) using diluted sulfuric acid for PH down. Water is city tap but it runs 0 EC though ~7.5+ PH.

Thanks for any input!

1 Like

Hey beautiful plants, I do dwc and water has 0.4 EC and was having issues with EC rising and Doc Bugbee was running some ammonium nitrate with his grows so I supplemented with it like 10-15% and it leveled out the ph but that works for my setup. Only problem is ammonium nitrate doesn’t show up in the total EC so…? Just an idea to stop the yo-yo. When my EC goes up I think the plant are drinking more water than nutes I think. My Thai/Lao stuff is not hungry for nutes, run 1.2-1.4 but that being said could be higher since ammonium doesn’t show on my blue lab EC meter. Plants are so awesome genetics are coming out :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t help other than maybe the plants are drinking more water than nutes. I don’t do any recirc other than a flood and drain table and the EC creeps up with that over the week but it’s only a veg tent so never worried me too much and I don’t check the pH of it (I am super vigilant of pH in flower now though) before I have to refill it. I asked about airstones because I found airstones crank the pH wildly over a 24h window.

1 Like

Also I think he was making another Big Lez spin off I saw him post something on his instagram a couple of months ago about more material. Big lez was my religion for a couple of years haha

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and info!

I agree on probably being genetics related and the plants needing more water - these plants have been really pissed when EC swings even to 2.0! I’ve never grown such light feeders. I’ll check into that ammonium nitrate write up. Looks like a great site.

1 Like

I don’t know if you make your own nutes but the guy has free software. You can build a recipe tailored for your genetics for both veg and flower. I got a complete profile for my water and plug it into the water profile. You can make concentrates in A&B format that you put in the 55 gal reservoir; will also calc your micro’s. So cheap to do! Will keep watching your stuff is so awesome.

You also said it has been real hot and humid so I am thinking lot of water consumption for regulating of plants to stay in their comfort zone…?

Flower day 98 :axe:

Chopping time for almost everyone except for the long sativa plants.

Most of these plants should’ve come down around day 80 methinks, but I had to go out of town, and we have a lot of rot in the main colas. No big loss, huge producers, just annoying and I should’ve been paying better attention to my grow

Live and learn.

3 Likes

Looking back to around 40 days ago in this journal is kind of shocking - my tent back then is like the world in 2019, and my tent now is mid 2020. A goddamn mess.

Overall, I should’ve paid better attention, but had just crazy personal life stuff going down on top of work. I learned some more this grow, and can continue to improve.

Here’s some shots from the chop, I left the two really long sativas up. I am pretty happy as I filled my drying tent with lots of very resinous flower including strong lemon and pine terpene notes.

8 Likes

Now for some gore, this is the completely rotted top from one of the tallest 8’+ plants. I’m still pretty shocked this cross did this in 2 gallon pots.

4 Likes