Crockett's Tangie (F2) - Seeds from Veteran Strain Giveaway

So far…

• 1/12/2022 9/10 seeds germinated
  • 5/10 tested as female by Farmer Freeman
  • Vegged in solo cups for about 6 weeks, topped one time
  • Transplanted into larger square pots on 2/26
  • Plain ProMixHP
  • LST to 4 main branches per plant to stretch them into an X shape and create 4 tops
  • Current feed (per gallon of water): 1g epsom salt, 5ml FloraMicro, 10ml FloraBloom, 4ml FloraBlend, 2ml Floralicious Grow, 4ml SLF-100, 1ml pH Up
  • Feeding twice in a row, followed by a watering.
  • Just moved into the 2x4 under the Grow300 light (1/3 power) on 3/12 with RH set to 60% on the T4 controller for the exhaust fan
  • Temps are cool at the moment, 66F-72F range between lights off and on, hoping the spring weather helps things get a bit warmer soon. Also running the light close to minimum dimness so it’s not creating much heat. I’d be okay at 10F warmer across the board for veg honestly.

Next steps…

• Continue vegging until they are about 3-4 nodes taller
  • Keep fertilizer heavy through veg and stretch
  • Take clones right before flip or else I’ll never be able to live with myself if something turns out nicely
  • Heavy node prune back to leave only the top couple of growth sites on each plant, ideally each container will yield 4 large colas
  • Focus on removing suckers and unnecessary side branching during flowering stretch
  • My last grow taught me that too much side branching, too much supercropping, too much general spreading out of some strains absolutely ruins the bud structure. Some plants need to just grow vertically on 4 main trunks where they’re not sending every single nug stretching on its own leggy branch to reach the scrog net.

Objective…

• Keep one around as a clone and run it again from cuttings to compare to how it performs from seed.
  • If I can keep one that does nicely as a clone, then I’ll likely use it for seed production.
  • I’m also vegging some Hazeman’s Bubba’s Widow moms and plan to do the same thing, run them from clone and see if any of the 5 are remarkable.
  • If I can end up with a BW and Tangie mom, then I’ll run those with an as-of-yet-unchosen pollen donor to make seeds. From there, who knows??
37 Likes

40 Likes

There’s also a Goji Pupils in there…that one’s going to a friend probably

3 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan. Those seedlings are looking great!

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Kosher Tangie/24k has been my longtime keeper from Crockett. Shits grrrrrrreat!!

5 Likes

@low_and_slow , you’re gonna have a Orange-tastic time if they are the same F2 this produced:

:metal:

12 Likes

Peace @low_and_slow I have some Goji Pupil beans that I can send to U for Ur friend as well if U like. I have no use for outdoor beans

Hit me w a msg if so. Stay safe and GROW HARD :fist:t5::call_me_hand:t5:
PEACE

19 Likes

Tangie is one of my favs. Just smoked some Orange Crush this past week too that was :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Tangie is the dank. Hard staple for go to bud. I’ve never grown her, but it seems someday I will need to! I remember getting bags of tangie back in the day, so kind.

5 Likes

I have a pack just like that in my fridge, this is one of those beans…same idea, I don’t have place for an outdoor but my buddy wants one.

1 Like

Yup, I think I have sisters to yours! I just smoked some Sour Tangie from the local dispensary and it was fantastic, very excited for these.

2 Likes

I have some tangie, now you’re getting me excited.

4 Likes

I’ll be watching-

Planning to run some of these this fall…

2 Likes

Watching! I’ve got a Tangie F2 growing now, around 1 month old. First time with this strain.

My local growing friend just bought another pack of Putang seeds from Mass Medical. I had forgotten that Tangie is one of the parents (along with Star Pupil). She had grown it before and I was blown away by how deep, dark purple the buds were. I asked if she would show her Putang to my girlfriend without realizing what that sounds like when spoken aloud :rofl:

5 Likes

Good to see the Tangie F2’s getting some attention… here’s a few pics of mom and dad.

24 Likes

I grew 3 tangie outdoors 2 summers ago. It was my first grow, and they were awesome. They finished plenty early too. The one in the picture colored up a little for a prettier picture, but I used a different one for breeding because she had strawberry smells mixed in and a little more frost. But all 3 were great plants with nice smoke.

Looking at my own picture, I can’t believe how thick I let them grow. No mildew that year. But last year it was a real pita.

20 Likes

Would love to see how these f2s turn out, hope you find a nice keeper.

1 Like

18 Likes

Supercropped the top two nodes and tucked them under fans on the Goji Pupil in order to let the lower four branches catch up.

10 Likes

12 Likes