Neuropathy sufferers unite

So, nerve pain is a bitch. I have a script for Gabapentin but i want to get off it . My challenges typically come at night, so i just pound myself with edible RSO, which does alleviate my symptoms but has of course shot my tolerance through the roof.

Anybody have any specific strain recommendations? I know at this point there’s no magic bullets but id appreciate any recommendations. Thx!

12 Likes

Bubba Kush
OG Kush
SFV OG
Harle Tsu 60/40 Indica CBD
Sour Tsunami CBD
Obama Kush
Blackberry Kush
Blackberry Fire
NL
Dosido
Dosi OG
MAC
Banana Kush
Critical Kush
Master Kush

6 Likes

I agree, Nerve pain is a real bitch.
I was prescribed to take more Gabapentin…it didn’t help the issue at all.
After upping my dose, I have recently been having seizures. I never had a seizure before in my life.
Scary thing to go through when you can’t control your body from flapping like a dying fish.
I have stopped taking the gabapentin, going to complain to my doctor. Not sure what to do in the meantime as the nerve pain is un-bearable to deal with. Makes you want to jump off a bridge sometimes… :tired_face:

RSO and other edibles help a bit, but don’t solve the issue.

8 Likes

Might you suggest a kush?:grinning: i appreciate that, let me dive down that hole. Like I said, would like to get away from the brute force, the morning wake-up is getting harder, so specifics are much appreciated.

From a recreational standpoint, I’ve enjoyed some cbd heavy strains in the past, I need to check some of those out. Thx!

5 Likes

Yes, I do like my kush. :rofl: Most are track proven for this guy. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Hey @chronix in another thread @Bobgrows suggested that mushrooms have helped her with neuropathic stuff. Any chance you can get some of those up in BC? Start with a micro dose, see if that helps & go from there.

7 Likes

@Gonzo, they are easy to find here. Many places mail them to your door step, or I can drive 1 an a half hours and buy them in downtown Vancouver…
Perhaps I will give them a try. Have to wait till pay day.

5 Likes

I’m going to cross Bodhi Good Medicine to Mass Medicals MediPak as soon as my current run is done. As soon as I’m done ill send some love your way!

Nope I’m good. That’s gotta be a scary ass feeling.

9 Likes

I have had great luck with Black Domina and its crosses for chronic pain and nerve pain, I like Copa Genetics Icy Grape the most for anything I’ve grown pain-wise, it’s on sale from Shoe right now with an Ancient OG freebie, also another good one honestly, for $35 that’s two potential strains:

https://headiegardens.com/product/icy-grape-f2/

4 Likes

Not @chronix, but I’ve considered mushrooms. But I have no experience and no idea where to start. I’m confident I can grow them, just not sure I can dose them in a manner that won’t be problematic. I’ve lived many years on the edge of various addictions, but never dabbled in psychedelics, so really not sure how we would get along.

2 Likes

Good dosing info can be found here. https://ambrosia.church/ I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Oh man I really hope you try it. I’ve heard so many success stories for all types of issues. Just start with a micro-dose (won’t even feel it) & work your way up. It shouldn’t be expensive at all. Ask @Bobgrows which cultivar she used there’s a bunch (B+, Golden Teacher, Ecuadorian etc).

One thing that’s documented 100% for sure & that’s mushrooms are in no way addictive. In fact it’s being tested (right now) as a promising addiction & depression/ptsd treatment.

As to where to start. After you’ve grown them & dried them. A micro dose of that finished product is anywhere from 0.25grams to 1gram. A “normal” dose where you “feel it” is 1-2g. Anything 2.5g & over can lead to a strong effect, the dissolving of your ego… so if feeling “important” & “cool” is something you need to be happy, skip those amounts :pray:

I’m by no means a doctor or giving medical advice but if I were in your situation, I sure af would definitely try it. Hope you find some relief, one way or another :pray: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Honorable mention I had to look back at some info given to me by @DefNSmokn but he has mentioned these guys to me I guess they’re making some good stuff ThcV and CBD wise.

4 Likes

I listened to a podcast with that guy pretty neat, he was saying thcv could help with weight loss too :astonished:

2 Likes

You might find this interesting:

“As many of you know, my interests are far and wide. This year I’ve also started hunting through many of our type II Eraser crosses on top of our CBG x THC crosses that were white labelled for Seattle Chronic Seeds. You can find many of these crosses online under his name with the generic label CBG male. I recommend Dagga.love for those. We used our Circles CBG in those crosses and I will have a limited a mount of them dropping on our site soon. As mentioned in a recent interview on the Future Cannabis Project, many of these F1s will still be THC dominant, but if you take them to f2, CBG will be dominant in 25% of the offspring. Thats not to say they won’t contain CBG, just that it will be a minor in the F1s, typically 1-2%, with less than 10% being close to 1:1.“

3 Likes

Lions Mane is one of the big medical mushrooms that has to do with nerves. There are others, an can be taken with other mushrooms/herbs/supplements that have a synergistic effect.

1 Like

Will you be growing your own Plants? If so, send “Personals” (Address) via PM. I have some CBD/CBG Heavy Medical Strains/Varieties. NO TRADE…pass it on in the future!! Have friends who suffered amputation regarding Neuropathy. More than happy to potentially help, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I have been doing some research on minor cannabinoids and the current state of understanding when it comes to the entourage effect and multi-cannabinoid treatment, here are a few links to a post in my thread with scientific papers to check out, and a few others I just pulled up on neuropathic pain and cannabinoids. Good ol’ @misterbee sounds like he can hook you up but I can drop a couple seeds in the mail for you too most likely, send me an address in DM and I’ll see what I can do. I’d also be happy to send you some unrooted snips of the three feminized Hoku strains I have getting going in my seedling tent right now, but that would be a month or so until they’re large enough for their first topping.

Check out my grow thread to see the details on those but they’re all mixed ratios CBD/CBG/THC/THCV. You can also order hemp flower from him to try out some of the minors, he runs sales pretty regularly on flower usually 25%. People say the members only stuff is awesome and tends to be more mixed with THC since it’s R&D.

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/full/10.2217/fnl.11.6

I’ve also been meaning to buy some of this stuff, and maybe some other isolates from this company, the huge % of minor cannabinoids is super intriguing:

Delta-8 THC: ND
CBD: 85.5%
CBDV: 0.30%
CBN: 1.86%
CBGa: ND
CBG: 5.58%
CBC: 0.96%
Delta-10 THC: ND
Delta-9 THC: 0.26%
Total Cannabinoids: 94.51%”

5 Likes

Gabapentin and Lyrica are chemical lobotomies.
10/10 do not recommend

As for strains,
DJ Shirt genetics outcrosses to other things help. I like Golden Tiger x DJ Short stuff.
African sativas have dine a lot for me. Though, Gascannistan/Swami’s Nigerian Nightmare actually increased my neuropathy for a couole hours.
Bubba Kush, Chem91 and similar lines help me be ok with the pain

Mushrooms have shown me how much my mind makes the pain. And also how much actual pain cant be ‘killed’ by any compound, instead we can use compounds to make us okay with the pain. The fantasy of killing the pain nearly killed me several times.
I just did a mushroom trip last night. I dont weigh it, unless im going for 5+ grams. Id guess i did about 1.3g
As it came on, for about 40min, I was like ah shit, I took too much

The mushrooms it seemed like were making the pain worse (really just making me aware of the pain and my lack of movement)
So i laid down, face buried in my pillow.
I was thinking how i dont really trip on mushrooms. Then I thought how I never really give in and let go.
So I did. I let go.
I went to that place I usually only go to with L and Ketamine together. That sacred empty space that has visions and fractals and is bright and almost digital but pure. Something akin to Alex Gray’s paintings or McKenna’s mechanical elves land. It was magical.
Then I realized how I dont dance and move around enough. So, I danced.
It was nice. For hours, I felt better than I ever have for at least half a year.

Next time, I’ll take more.

9 Likes

Absolutely love this. I keep being told to microdose but it’s been so long I’m just cautious I suppose. I have 6-7 grams of blue teachers my buddy dropped off, perhaps it’s time to give it a go, hell if it eliminates just the spasms I’m happy, but if it helps with my anxiety, stress and back pain im in for good.

3 Likes