Back on track with Sebring's Revenge and 5 others!

The last couple years have been shit growing for me with damn mites I couldn’t seem to get rid of but bug free finally and have a grow going that I’m actually feeling good about.

What I have going now is 12 plants in flower starting day 28 later tonight and the strains are . . .

One is a revegged AK47 plant originally grown from a fem seed from CanuK Seeds.

Three different Kushes. Hindu, Dutch and a bushy little one called Ayahuasca Purple. Clones from a buddy.

Four of a cross of Island Sweet Skunk and DJ Short’s Blueberry. It’s a cross made by another buddy and he sent me about 200 seeds from each of the 5 ISS females he pollinated with 3 Blueberry males. The four seeds I sprouted all turned out to be female and I really wanted at least one male.

Four hi-CBD plants called Sebring’s Revenge sent to me by Shadey after he got some from Sebring himself.

They are all baking under a 1000W Super HPS that rides on my Light Rail 4.0 so some tops are only a foot from the bulb but no signs of burning or bleaching. Growing in mainly ProMix HP that for every 10L I added 1 cup each of composted sheep manure, steer manure and earthworm castings. Added myco to the mix and use a tsp or more in the bottom of the hole when transplanting. Feeding Mega Crop nutes that seem to work really well. After almost 20 years of AN nutes I figured it was time for a change and won some in a contest elsewhere.

These plants were vegged for the first while using AN and had burn problems and there are some bad leaves still on lower portions of some but nothing but healthy growth since the switch.

I just went down half way thru their dark period and took some flash pics with my digi-cam.

On the left at the back is the Ayahuasca Purple. The skinny lighter green branch in front of it is one of the Sebring’s Revenge.

Left front with the praying leaves is the Hindu Kush and to it’s right is the Dutch Kush then the AK47 re-veg on the far right. In the back are the 4 ISS x DJ Short’s Blueberry. They stretched the most tho the Sebrings weren’t far behind and if I hadn’t been doing LST on them earlier they would have got a lot taller for sure.

This is the Dutch Kush in front. Hoping for some Donkey Dicks off this one. It’s about the frostiest one of the kushes too. The Hindu Kush has pink pistils on the very top of the colas but doesn’t show in pics. Everything under is white.

The ISSx BB are all getting really frosty too and have such thick stems at the top that it must be to hold up the monster colas that will grow there. :slight_smile:

I took 2 cuttings from each of those plants and now have 24 rooted clones I just put into small pots to veg under my DIY LED rig that uses 11 - 9W LED bulbs with the tops popped off. Have a Hindu Kush plant in there as well that was a cutting I took off the original cutting from my buddy. Might put it in a big pot and stick it outside to see if it flowers out before the frost hits. Seem to be later each year that we get frost. 15 years ago we had a killing frost around the middle of August for fug’s sake!

Have lots of plans to start cross-breeding CBD into some of my favorite older strains and producing fem seeds. These Sebring’s Revenge look like a great place to start so thanks @Sebring for making them available and @Shadey for sharing!

:peace:

32 Likes

they’re looking really good. interested to see what the issxbb does.
wondering, do you keep the light mover going all the time or is it on a timer?

4 Likes

The mover is run off my timer for the light and stops when the light goes out. Saves wear and tear and is no use in the dark.

You can pretty much double the area covered with one light and a decent light cost more than a mover which is about $300 which is what I paid for mine new. Made in Colorado too. Can get a kit to hang two lights off it as well. Only uses 9W so saves all the power from using a 2nd light and would pay for itself way faster than switching to LED. You can run the light really close without frying buds so it’s making up for being away for a while with the extra intensity as it passes overhead. Hits more leaves than a fixed point of lighting too so penetration is much deeper.

I had to water last night at 2 am and am watering from the bottom which takes a long time when the trays aren’t much bigger than the bottoms of the pots. Soaks up fast at first then slows to a crawl. Got my humidity way down by not top watering so the top stays dry and isn’t evaporating into the room. I have 8 larger trays for the ISS and Sebrings so will swap them out for the ones they are in now then I can dump most of their water in the tray at once.

While waiting for water to soak in I used my magnifying glass to scope out the ISS looking for 'nanners and didn’t find a one. Checked all the rest quick too.

No f’n mites either!

9 Likes

Great invent the light mover , your plants looks like they love them, glad to see you back …

2 Likes

Looking great, sorry to hear about your mite problems. Damn things eh? Glad you got rid of those pesty critters.

2 Likes

Good to see you back sharing your knowledge Lab. They are filling out nicely man can’t wait to see what the Sebs Rev do mine are just starting to bud up now. Update day today so I will have some pics up later.

5 Likes

Nice show, light movers are sweet. My last round was 4 dj short blueberry x ISS feminized from Jah seeds. They were nice chunky plants, good flavor and high but they all hermed on me so I had to chuck em. I’m looking forward to seeing what yours do!

Also the Sebrings revenge, CBD plants are always interesting.

3 Likes

Hey George! Good to see ya again.

Hope things are going great for you. You have a grow thread here?

I can’t find any way to add a signature to my profile so there’s a link to this thread.

No sigs?

We’ll see you around the forums!

2 Likes

I got the mites from some free plants a buddy gave me. I knew the mites were there but in my arrogance figured I could take care of them. Ended up losing all the plants but kept the damn mites. lol

My problem was not following a spray schedule so there were always a few survivors and they didn’t show up until a couple weeks into flower. Don’t want to spray then and by the time the plants were ripe they were building webs on the buds that I was vacuuming off just to give the girls a chance to finish.

Very poor yields when the plants are having the life sucked out of them by those little demons. :frowning:

Thanks for being glad for me!

4 Likes

Thanks Shadey

Gonna take a while to get used to the format on this forum but I’ll get the hang of it. 10 years at CC got me into a groove. lol

Good news. I found that aluminum wire I needed to make my silver nitrate. Same buddy that gave me the mites gave me some big electronic panels he was going to toss out so I can salvage parts off for some of my projects. Checked the speaker wires on it last night and noticed the wire at the crimped on connectors was silver instead of copper coloured. Cut one off and tested with a magnet and didn’t stick so it’s got to be aluminum. Short pieces so I took off some of the longer wire bundles and the same wire. Already stripped a 30" length in 2 min. Going to clean it with dish soap to remove any residue then rinse in vinegar then distilled water and dunk it in the nitric acid to make sure it is aluminum. No reaction then I’m good to go and will clamp the silver coin in my fly-tying vise and wrap it in wire so I can slowly put the coin into the hot nitric acid and make my silver nitrate. Whoohoo!

I just thought of a much simpler way to do this. I’ll drill a very small hole near the edge of the coin and just run the wire thru to hang the coin in the acid off my lab stand. F’n brilliant I tell ya! LOL

The Sebs Rev buds are fattening up real fast and turning the top foot of each branch into one big cola it seems. Already looks like better yields than I got from the previous CBD plants I grew. Hope it’s good medicine. Time to take some sample buds for testing.

5 Likes

as an avid fly tier myself, I greatly discourage the use of a good vise in this manner lol

2 Likes

Did you raise hell with Jah about the hermies? The ISS x BB I have are regular seeds and Shadey has some as well and just had to get rid of a hermie one. I’m carefully checking the 4 girls I have that are going to start day 28 of 12/12 tonight and so far no 'nanners. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

I haven’t tied in years. When I moved up here in '01 my whole collection of fur and feathers was lost. A couple grand worth at least.

I have a good Thompson vise with all 3 sets of jaws so can tie every thing from tiny size 32 midges up to 12/0 shark hooks. Not sure I can tie those midges any more but the big ones would be easy. Have to relearn a lot of it but may tie up some simple ones for catching pike on my Powell 10wt rod with the shooting head. I built that rod from parts around '84 and the parts were $200. #1 son gets my gear when I go. Lots of gear and he’s an avid fisher out in the Fraser Valley.

Won’t need a vise to drill a hole in the coin and if I do can use the shop vise with the soft jaws for that.

4 Likes

I would break down and cry if I lost all my materials…soooooo much $$$ invested, as well as rods, lines, spools. Fraser vally? is that in B.C.?

2 Likes

Looking Good Lab Rat
I am taking a chair in the rear

1 Like

Your grow looks great. mites can be so damn frustrating and I’m glad your past it.

So many mite stories start with “ I got the mites from some free plants a buddy gave me.” :v:

1 Like

Yep. About an hour’s drive into Vancouver where I was born. Grew up on Lulu Island in the municipality of Richmond. Grew up playing and fishing on the log booms with Vansterdam just across the mighty, muddy Fraser River. 30 min drive to the Chilliwack River full of salmon in the fall, Steelhead around the new year and bgf trout, (actually steelhead that never left the river for the ocean). Big hatchery at the top of the river. Coho will be running by my b-day on Oct. 14 so would be nice to catch some on my noodle rod with 6lb line and a #3 Mepps Black Fury with a single, barbless 3/0 Siwash hook on it. Lots of fun but better in the belly boat. Fish those down at the bottom where it’s called the Vedder Canal just about 3 miles up from where it hits the Fraser. Catch the tide right and you can float down to the mouth to fish big chinook and others then float back 3 miles to the parking area as the tide comes in. Miss it so bad.

Wish I’d never left but my C/L wife wanted to get out of BC so her hubby who was in prison for kiddy diddling couldn’t get at her 7 yo girl. Our 20th just on the 17th and today is my 40th anniversary with my legal wife. Never got divorced but broke up just a few days short of 2 years.

I had some bugs in my stuff so put them in a garbage bag with a box of moth balls I poked holes in so it would kill them all off. About a month later we were packing to move and it must of got tossed out by accident. Still have everything else like hooks and artificial materials. Lots of that yet. Two of those utility boxes with 25 little and 2 large pull out boxes. One is all hooks in boxes of 50 and 100 and various odd ones in the big drawers and the other is threads, sparkle yarn etc. All my grandad’s and dads fishing gear tho dad wasn’t big on fishing. He loved to take the boat out in the ocean and kept it at the marina in Richmond. 16ft cedar clinker cabin cruiser with a 70 horse Chrysler motor on the back. He was a sailor in WWII and loved being on the water. Had a lot of good times on that boat.

Grampa used to take me to the Vedder when I was 3 or 4. Put a worm on the line and toss it in then set me on the bank and fly fish nearby. I used to make sure I went out on opening day at the Vedder and caught a trout on it then say a few words. Hope he heard them. He died when I was 8.

Babble babble. Bit high here. lol

5 Likes

That’s the only chair left Stig and it’s all yours! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nah, they were freebie fem seeds that came with my order so I was glad to have them in a pinch. Killer weed, shitty plants lol

10 Likes