Backyard soil rejuvenation project

The canterbury bells sprung back! Guess I caught them before root death. Man, they were close! Planted the most vigorous of them in the flower bed. Also, received a bare root Blue Sea Holly from Michigan Bulb Co. got that in the ground. Hope it springs to life, it has some really interesting flowers when it blooms!

Gonna neem all the greenhouse plants again tonight minus the flowering cannabis, something has been munching on my CA Wonder pepper leaves

4 Likes

Wind is really picking up. Storms coming. Everything was quickly put back in the greenhouse. I’ve done everything possible to avoid working today. I’m just exhausted. Gonna take a nap and finish up a client after. Luckily, I can reach my work goal today in about 2 hours… Not starting any new clients until tmw or Thursday. All my corps not on extension are done after today (their returns are due a month earlier than anyone else’s). Now I start on Sole Proprietorships and Partnerships. Tax season… 1 month and 10 days to go… home stretch. Gets easier and less stressful from here. Hallelujah!

8 Likes

Some weird looking shrooms and my tomatoes are flowering

9 Likes

Still no damn petunias! Got the pelleted sets still in the greenhouse, but 0 for 6 success. Screw these pelleted pieces of shit! Don’t know why they hate me. Anyway, planted some regular petunia seeds. If these don’t sprout, then I give up. It will be all vinca as fillers in my container plants. lol Also planted 1 each of chives and garlic chives. Oh and 4 auto mj seeds.

3 Likes

The only things I can think of is the soil isn’t warm enough yet and/or the coating didn’t get sprayed off all the way…should be ~4-5 seeds per “ball”

4 Likes

Don’t tell us… that tomato was from heirloom seed :thinking: :wink:

:evergreen_tree: :tongue: plthhhh!

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia they are organic Sweeties (cherry tomatoes). Not sure if they are heirloom or not.

So holy shit balls! Came home from my clients to 85lbs worth of broadcast mix… Gallons and gallons of liquid in plastic trash bags as USPS destroyed my nutes en route. Luckily my boyfriend was here to stack all that crap in my gorilla cart. Out of the 6 bottles of liquid they sent only 2 survived.

This is what’s in my broadcast mix… Somehow I am supposed to separate this into 6 parts. About 13lbs each.
Anyone have an easy method that I can do this? No idea how. It’s literally 75lbs ish of rubble in big plastic bags.

6lbs Soft Rock Phosphate
36lbs Carbonized Limestone
12lbs GEO-Cal
6lbs TMB
3lbs Gypsum
3lbs Ammonium Sulfate
3lbs Calcium Nitrate
1.8lbs Potassium Sulfate
0.6lbs Sea Solids
1.2lbs Kelp Meal
4.8lbs Epsom Salts
0.6lbs Manganese Sulfate
0.15lbs Copper Sulfate
0.08lbs Solubor

4 Likes

omfg… :cold_sweat: :zipper_mouth:

3 Likes

That’s what I said! Especially with the big liquid mess! That was 4 gallons.
I seriously don’t know how to measure this out…like what to use. Luckily this stuff is all mixed for me. I’d lose my mind if I had to figure out how to mix it. Should I drag it all in the house and try to use a regular bathroom scale? lol

3 Likes

Five gallon buckets and the bathroom scale as close to the garden as possible I guess. I do not envy you. :joy: :sweat:

3 Likes

I was kind of thinking start scooping it into 6 trash bags and get it to about 13 lbs each…if and that’s a big IF my bathroom scale even measures that light of weight.

I don’t envy myself right now either. lol Shiiiiiiiit! Tomorrow is gonna be loads of fun.

5 Likes

I’d find out about a refund, personally. Anything that got wet is toast.
…Actually, sue them for illegal dumping! :poop: AND vandalism and call the EPA!

:evergreen_tree: and

4 Likes

Hahaha! Dang doomsday! None of the powders got wet. The broadcast is all good. The homie at the nute place is already sending more liquids…

You so funny :joy:

I may however die cuz I touched all those nutrient drenched boxes without gloves on

3 Likes

Damn! I would be pissed!!!

If its mixed up well, I would skip the weighing and measure it all out with a measuring cup or small pot. Just think it’ll be all worth it in the long run

Good! They should have packaged it better though USPS should have been more careful

3 Likes

Honestly the packaging looked just fine. It kind of looked like all the boxes got wet in the rain first and I think it all went downhill from there. I think it was the lazy post office. 2 gallon jugs fit perfectly inside the boxes. They just seriously mishandled them as one bag of liquids held 2 bottles that looked like they were punctured. The other 2 were dropped or dragged hard enough to rip the caps of the tops of the jugs through the box and plastic packaging. Luckily, my sweetie had that gorilla cart 5 feet from the trash cans.

Oh! Meant to ask you… since the liquids are another week out now, it’s still cool to drop the broadcast right? I can just start my liquid regimen when it comes next week?

2 Likes

Thats right! You’ve had quite a bit of rain lately…sadly that would do it

Yup! You got it :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent! Sorry to bombard you with questions @MomOnTheRun, but I just realized that homie never told me how long I need to do these liquid sprays. For eternity, until all the solution runs out, etc…???

Edit: I know I alternate every 2 weeks…

2 Likes

No worries. Whelp, that’s up to you though usually til the next soil test with updated directions

2 Likes

Yeah, once I stop overthinking, sit back and relax it makes sense that he would have calced it for the whole growing season…

2 Likes

I saw a really cute idea with cinder blocks as planters. I think I’m gonna place 3 like a pyramid somewhere in the garden and plant the greenhouse dwarf phlox in it. It would look cute out there spilling over the sides. :blossom::smile:

3 Likes