Backyard soil rejuvenation project

I thought I planted these…lol

6 Likes

@Tinytuttle I may have to use my plant app to figure it out. That’s too funny! I planted these in the fall. My memory is worse than I thought

3 Likes

Someone could of did some switching of bulbs in the store when no one was looking!

4 Likes

Or they put the wrong ones in the bag…

2 Likes

So, the gomphrena seeds are starting to sprout, the asters and the last of the zinnias I started in the veg patch from seed.
The amaranth (pelleted) still no sign of. What is it with me and pelleted seeds? At this point I’m kind of hoping that they don’t sprout cuz they are in a perfect spot for more regular mj plants. lol I can overgrow the world (and my legal limit).

Also, how big should I let the birdhouse gourd sprouts get before I cut a few down. Like 5 seeds came in the pack and I think like 4 sprouted, pretty sure that just 1 will be enough for the trellis.

5 Likes

That’s not a question to ask on Overgrow!

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Okay, I need to stay the hell outta my garden today and crack the whip. I have my last 2 clients to finish up for tax time this week. Every fiber in my being wants to blow it off and play out there, but I’m not giving in dammit!

5 Likes

Alright, got one client finished in record time despite going outside to check if my seeds germed like 500 times! One more client to go and I can start weeding and seeding and playing out there a bit more again! Yay!

Weeds are already cray cray again. Doesn’t take long.

Ha! You guys, I have a real Farmer’s tan! I’ve always joked about it, but this time it’s real! I’ve been told by everyone that I’ve run into in the past 2 weeks how tan I am.

2 Likes

I have identified the pink mystery flower. According to Plant Snap it is a Gladiolus Italicus aka Wild Gladiolas… I didn’t buy these. They got mixed in with something for sure. It’s cool though, a pretty plant, but at least I know that I’m not crazy.

3 Likes

It sure is pretty and would bring in some different color to my irises though only good to zone 5. Thats ok I may just do daffodils…my problem is picking a color to blend in well :thinking: though may go into a totally different direction and inter plant Early Snow Drops instead to make the existing ones pop :thinking: better to just wait and see how last years plantings looks this year then get whatever in the ground by August

1 Like

Weeds are giving me anxiety. Haven’t been able to get to them and it’s epic. Gotta make time a few days this week to beat them back. I believe the earwigs ate one of my lemon basil plants. It probably won’t recover, not sure the dahlias will either. Almost makes me miss malathion. I want to straight nuke those mothertruckers, but I don’t want poison in my soil. I read somewhere that the damn earwigs are supposed to die off in spring then come back later in summer. It would be nice if they died now so my small sprouts can grow out enough so some bug nibbles won’t be as big of a deal. Frustrating.

2 Likes

Spent a few hours pulling weeds until my hand seized up. That’s a new one. Aging can suck it! Planted some more lemon basil cuz the bastard pinchers ate them! No sign of clover in the new bed yet. Gladiolas breaking ground, all over the darn place. One of my Dutch Irises started to form a flower. These have been up since winter, finally with the flowers lol. Deadheaded the cosmos, hacked back some of the melting johnny jump ups. Bugs don’t seem to touch my lemon balm. I have another plant still in the starter pot, thinking I may plant it by the dahlias, maybe it will help, plus I want it to get big so I can harvest a lot and drink it for my anxiety. Tomato plants are getting a lot bigger. The bell peppers seem frozen in time, maybe it’s still a bit chilly for them. I have flowers to cut off the sweet peas about every 2 days now and that’s just one side of the trellis. It’s gonna be great when both sides are happening. Feeling grumpy as all get out today, probably cuz I haven’t had a decent cup of coffee all day. The shade bed is happening. Lily of the valleys are getting bigger and the bleeding heart is still forming leaves. Got an email that my blue zebra primrose have shipped. After that the only one I have on order is a bat flower. Crazy cool looking plant! Next year I’ll get more stuff planted in the shade. I really love the look of a lot of white plants back there. They kind of glow in the shade. Really interested in the white Hostas and torn between a ghost fern and this bitchen purple silver colored Japanese painted fern. Maybe one of each. So much room. Also, some Hellebores shade flowers.

4 Likes

A Zebra might be cool but I don’t think your dog would like it. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Oh yeah? What do you think she’ll think about the bat then?

2 Likes

Took down the greenhouse and ripped up the weeds underneath. Ugly under there. Made a few cinder block planters too. Planted lemon balm and white lavender in them.

Cosmos today

Bunch of lilies and stuff coming up

Pansy

First Iris

Tomato plants getting big

Mammoth sunflower

Shade garden progress… Lily of the valley front, bleeding heart behind

9 Likes

Looking good… I see you make what looks like concrete leaves as well…

I’ll have to take pictures and post of the little bench, patio stones, and birdbath I made with a little wire mesh, some coloured concrete, and some rhubarb leaves…

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

At this rate those tomatoes are gonna be up that trellis in no time at all. What is the best thing to tie them with, they are almost to that point? I have regular twist ties, is is better to use pipe cleaners though?

I know I post a lot of pics of my cosmos, but I just love these wispy, delicate flowers. Just think they are so pretty.

It’s weird to see my yard without the greenhouse. I like it though. Tried to post a pic of it with the crazy yellow square in the middle of the lawn now, but OG wasn’t cooperating and said it was too big. Can’t believe how tired I am after that. Half of the disassembly was on the inside and I swear it felt like a sauna in there. Couldn’t breathe. Everything was tied on with knots, small ones. feel cooked.

5 Likes

I like the green plastic tape; it stretches & if you use it smart-like it can be re-used. :green_apple:

2 Likes

Woke up to sirens and helicopters. Cop got shot up the street at this pretty nice shopping center where my neighborhood trader Joe’s is… they’ve got the main streets all blocked off so I’m seeing news vans buzzing down my street trying to get around road blocks. Wow! What is this the wild west?

4 Likes

Nope that’s Calif. :unamused: USA.

I’m trapped inside on a beautiful day because of mockingbird noise. :ear: :wheelchair:
And it’s miserable.

Glad you’re stuck inside too. :grin: :poop:

3 Likes