Bad looking plant

Hello. I have problem with my plants. They doesnt seem to grow verjy much, have a thin stem and it seem like its drying. I alway watered it when the soil was dry. I didnt fertilize it yet because they are still so small. They were put in a pot at the and of april. Any help would be very appriciated.

6 Likes

Is your light coming from a window? If so that is the problem. Cannabis needs to be under a grow light or outdoors under direct sunlight.

2 Likes

I had it at the window at the start and when they grown a little i took them out when was day light and back in at the night, when was colder. If it was warmer i left them outside even at night.

1 Like

Looks over watered

11 Likes

When a young plant gets as tall as the container it is in, it is time to get a bigger pot. Keeping a plant in a too small of a container for too long will miniaturize the plant.

As Floyd stated it does look overwatered. When checking make sure the top two inches of soil is dried out. Also get a feel for the weight of the pot when the soil is dry. I do this when I first put the soil and the plant in the pot before the first watering. And then again after the first watering.

Once they have the first set of true leaves you can start to feed them. I see the soil too compact, using perlite or mixing with sand to make it more airy works better, roots need oxygen, do you measure your water pH? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Agreed. I’m guessing the roots are struggling.

2 Likes

Totally :100: agree

Roots can’t move too wet for too long need to better drainage

Repot ,remove old soil ,replace with a mix of soil and perlite for better drainage

Also they are hungry

4 Likes

I will repair it right now. I dont have perlite so i will mix the soil with sand for now, and maybe add some bigger sand at the bottom?
Then is best to wait a couple of days before i feedm them or can i right away?
I do not measure water ph.

3 Likes

Would be there any problems if i put them in the biggest pot i have straight away?

I would amend the soil and put them back in the same size pots for a week or two ! the only reason they have extremely poor root development and if you put them in a 5 gallon container at this stage you will be using way too much water for the size plant

5 Likes

Thank you so much, will leave them where they are. Hope they get better soon. Thanks again :blush:

1 Like

Add some pebbles of some sort also a mulch like product

A loose soil mixture is best

Hi, I also think the earth is too moist. As a result, the roots suffocate and rot, as a result, the plant has a visual appearance of the disadvantage of the elements. I would have transplanted it into a larger pot with raw earth and did not water for several days, the extra moisture will take away new soil. Additionally, if there is something, would feed the leaf, not under the root, in order for the plant to cope faster with stress.
My two cent!

4 Likes

Great :+1:

Use liquid kelp of some sort add to water and spray when lights are out

2 Likes

"Orange peel " = excess calcium locking out potassium. Youre turning your leaves into orange. A tissue test will show you have way too much calcium in those orange leaves.

I agree with much of the above.

Poor soil leading to overwatering.

And they are hungry.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Definitely soil too compacted and roots struggling to grow and expand. I just experienced this with poor quality jiffy pellets. As soon as I removed the struggling seedlings from the compacted pellets and put them in a loose soil they sprang to life. I would try to very carefully transplant them into new soil designed for seed starting. Nice, airy and light. Then once they start to grow, transplant into a heartier soil.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree here…
Soil too wet and not enough light, some air circulation may not hurt either.
Don’t water again until the soil is real dry.
My guess is wait 3-7 days unless you put it in the sun, then only water/feed when the soil dries very well.

Good luck!
Shag

1 Like

Hmm interesting, because the soil should be one of better ones as people listed on forums. I mixed the soil with sand (pebbles) and the soil dried out rather quick. When i took it out from the pot you could see that the aoil was a bit comapact. Well i did mix it and also used liquid kelp to help it out. Will see in a few days how it goes. Great advices from you all, thanks to all of you :blush:

2 Likes