Badger goes camping with his buddies

How would I bump the bulbs? I can be accident prone, so I appreciate the advice.

1 Like

Just be very careful when moving any container, or spraying water. Don’t let it run down the tube and to the sockets. I know it’s not at such an angle that you’ll slide a container into it. but when moving any thing and lifting, having the bulb at angle/different height just makes it annoying to me. Again, prob more my ocd lol. But it’s not exactly balanced either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I will keep that in mind buddy, all good thoughts. Thanks for the concern.

1 Like

Don’t need it

3 Likes

I think I need more light before the plants can utilize CO2.

2 Likes

Hey @Badger. :slight_smile: If you haven’t seen this thread you should check it out.

This is the one I built for my 2x4. It’s running 21 strips, 15 5000k, and 6 3500k. There are 2 drivers, 1 runs 10 strips, 1 runs 11.

After I hung it I hit the strips and drivers with a temp gun. The strips were 78-79F, drivers were at 83-84F. Temp inside the tent rose from 70 to 72, and at 18" my LUX meter hits around 65K. :slight_smile:

It’s bright as hell man, you gotta have shades to look right at it. This is 4 Frankenstein clones, 3 FPOG, and 1 mystery clone that I think is a Strawberry Diesel x C99.

You could build one that’d run at 165 watts nominal which is right at 20 sq/ft for $150-$160. It’s really hard to beat that. I’ll never buy another pre-made light.

16 Likes

Damn and I just bought another “premade” light.

2 Likes

Nice light bro. I’ve read that thread. I’m a bit shaky on the math part, and that had held me back. Also the spectrum differences got me. I didn’t think you could run different strips together, which is what I was told on one thread here. What is 65k luxe vs 20w Sq ft? All that stuff is confusing.

The only thing is that I was trying for a veg/mother/clone tent. Taking down a level will limit me. I love those dang lights though.

I bet your plants could use some CO2 with that thing!

3 Likes

Does anyone know what these little guys are in my rapid rooter cubes? Pot worms? @JoeCrowe

4 Likes

Fungus gnat larva, nice. I’ve noticed a few in the tent. I need to top dress with DE. They must have been in my house. Is there any way I can kill them, if they are already in my rapid rooter cubes? My extras are in a sealed bag.

3 Likes

H2O2 will take care of the larva.

3 Likes

Hydrogen peroxide, about a cup or two of 3% peroxide in a gallon of water and use it to water with. Then use a product like mosquito bits or BT bacteria concentrate.

3 Likes

I fourth that. Fungus gnats! I use them to feed my spider colony. They ever get like, out of control? I had them in this organic culture once where the husks of the larvae were tightly packed into this one pot, but I never really noticed any damage except to my mental state having those turds flying everywhere.

4 Likes

Perfect. How strong?

Edit : took a sec for my internet to catch my fingers. I’ll do that. Thanks gentlemen.

4 Likes

I have 2 TS1000 running in my 2 x 4 with a 4 inch fan exhaust. No other fans running. Temps stay 75-78.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure leds are the way to go. I’m on a beer budget with champagne taste, so Ill use my t5’s I got a great deal on, for now. I’m actually pretty impressed. They are working pretty well.

4 Likes

So, I can just water with caterpillar spray?

2 Likes

I don’t know… just realized that they had the same ingredient lol.

3 Likes

Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis is not the same as bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki. Israelensisis for getting rid of gnats, Kurstaki is for using against pillars

4 Likes

OK, I just saw the bt part, and assumed they were the same bacteria. I did find it odd, since the bt spray is supposed to only be effective against catepillars.

Thanks for lining us out buddy.

I did go ahead and top dress with some DE since it is what I have on hand. I’m gonna try to get some bits, but I’m sure they are hard to find this time of year. I may have to order them. Don’t they need to be worked into the top inch of soil?

2 Likes