Badger goes camping with his buddies

I have 2 TS1000 running in my 2 x 4 with a 4 inch fan exhaust. No other fans running. Temps stay 75-78.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure leds are the way to go. I’m on a beer budget with champagne taste, so Ill use my t5’s I got a great deal on, for now. I’m actually pretty impressed. They are working pretty well.

4 Likes

So, I can just water with caterpillar spray?

2 Likes

I don’t know… just realized that they had the same ingredient lol.

3 Likes

Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis is not the same as bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki. Israelensisis for getting rid of gnats, Kurstaki is for using against pillars

4 Likes

OK, I just saw the bt part, and assumed they were the same bacteria. I did find it odd, since the bt spray is supposed to only be effective against catepillars.

Thanks for lining us out buddy.

I did go ahead and top dress with some DE since it is what I have on hand. I’m gonna try to get some bits, but I’m sure they are hard to find this time of year. I may have to order them. Don’t they need to be worked into the top inch of soil?

2 Likes

That’s what was suggest to me, or put a layer of it and top it off with more soil if you have space in container. It keeps the bacteria happy and moist, also from being flushed around when watered. I’ve also soaked some bits I a jug and watered with that.

2 Likes

I may try the watering thing when I can find the bits. Apparently I have the habit of getting most of my containers almost totally full. I am going to make a focused effort next up pot to stop doing this.

I noticed fungus gnats in the flowering tent yesterday as well. I haven’t really noticed them up until now. I think those dang things are in almost everyone’s house. Those are at a completely different place, and did not some from here. Damn gnats.

3 Likes

Over ten years ago, when I use to grow micro style and my friend was hydro, we’ve never had gnats, powdery mildew, or thrips. Just the constant threat of spider mites. In fact, back on the original overgrow, I don’t remember anyone talking about powder mildew (first time I saw it shortened to “PM” I though it meant predator mites :man_facepalming:). With more growing this plant now, more diseases and pests that have adapted to it have become wide spread it seems.

3 Likes

I agree man. I wonder if all the poly, poly, poly hybrids have helped this along. Genetics that aren’t resistant to it at all? I bet it would be a big deal growing landrace strains. Plants have been bred for perfect conditions, and resistance has not been a breeding factor.

5 Likes

Most of whats spread is from not being clean or who you’re getting from
Pm you can bring in from your own yard

4 Likes

I’ve lucked out on the mulch so far.

What’s a solid mulch without the risk?

Couldn’t you get pm from cover crop seeds?

2 Likes

I’m an entirely different kind of human when it comes to PM. The shit is host specific, so you’ll be getting hops mildew. There’s only like 2 kinds of mildew that infest cannabis. There is a specific protocol to killing mildew in your veg room I would classify it as level 1 biohazard - something I kill over the weekend and never see again.

4 Likes

Possibly you could

3 Likes

I hope I never have to ask you what the method is. Can you rid a plant of it?

2 Likes

I used DE in my IPM for PM…I have a fucking bamboo in the backyard full of the shit

2 Likes

lol yah you can kill the mildew entirely by soaking the plant in sulfur twice. Powdery mildew dies on contact. wiped that crap out 20 years ago, haven’t seen it since.

4 Likes

As part of my IPM I use Monterey Complete Disease Control, which is Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747. It is a “naturally occurring bacterium that is found in close association with roots, leaves and other plant parts. It is reported to prevent the establishment of disease-causing fungi and bacteria by rapidly colonizing plant surfaces.” I use it every 2 weeks up until 6 weeks in to flowering.

After that if I see a hint of PM (or anything else for that matter) then I use Dr. Zymes Eliminator, which “works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold.”

https://doctorzymes.com/pesticide-free-insecticide.php

get a free sample here:
https://mailchi.mp/doctorzymes/wizard

and then I always wash my buds upon harvest in three 5 gallon buckets filled with water: the first one also has one cup of baking soda, 2nd bucket also has 1 cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide, and the third bucket is plain water. If I encountered any PM or bugs along the way I always run the buds through the wash cycle at least twice.

4 Likes

You wash your indoor buds? I washed all of my outdoor, but I had not planned to do that with my indoor buds.

Very interesting insight bro. I wonder if labs would be about the same? I’ve been having issues with my labs :confused:

It appears that I’m hanging with the right crowd. Yall are awesome!

2 Likes

yep indoor and outdoor all get the wash treatment. What issues are you having with the LABS?

2 Likes