Baked rockwool pie: Spring

Here are is a shot of all four (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 tables, then a side view of a couple of them individually.

I think these will be some dense nugs, and the internode spacing is very compact. Excellent. The tape measure is only to show internode spacing in this particular photo, not the height of the plant from base to top.

I started sexing the (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud on Wednesday. Some of these are real monsters with real hybrid vigor. Many of them are already over a meter; they had a big stretch after I flipped the photo period. I didn’t get a screen up on time, so I just tie a few up them up with some string.

7 Likes

I put up this screen yesterday for some extra support on the (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2. They seem to have adjusted to it and it looks nice there.

Here is a side shot so you can see some of the plant structure in a few of these plants.

I want to soon get some support up for these (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud. Overall view here:

The biggest of all the plants is a bit over 1.2meters.

9 Likes

(Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 starts to have some dense thumb-sized tops all over, with tight internode spacing throughout all of the plants . There are about 5 very vigorous plants to choose mothers fromjudged by vigor, yield, and oil production. I chose two of them to take cuts from.
Some of these smell very fruity like watermelon or kiwi. Others smell very earthy or musty like some old-school hash plants i.e. Afghan or Nepalese type stuff. It seems to be about half and half when I go around smelling with a fresh palette. The two that I chose to mother just happened to be both very fruity. The criteria for selecting them as winners didn’t have anything to do with that though; I am looking for yield and vigor, oil production, potency/cannabinoid profile in that order. It will be fun to run these mothers again and get a more uniform looking grow in here.
up top:

upskirt:
Some closer views of three different plants to see them better. A couple of these are ones I’m thinking of taking clones from.

These (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud are having kind of an overgrow situation. Some of them started stretching and do not stop getting bigger. The 1.2m plant from last time is not 1.4meters, and one of them has grown even faster and reached 1.6m. Its a huge scattershot with these packs; there are very many different phenotypes. The smells are very different too, leaning on the sour side. A few of them have a faint, but distinct orange aroma Not as frosty as the (Apollo II x headband), but they are also one week behind. Let’s see what happens.
Here are a couple of shots from far away so you can see the difference in plant structure:

The biggest one doesn’t stop getting higher.

These are some close-ups of a few different tops.

10 Likes

Looking good!
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

:smiley: <3

Alright!
It’s hot in here! Can’t wait to try again when it cools off! No matter, it is still a good mother search for me and it is looking and smelling tasty.

These are the two best (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 tops, with markers to match the cuttings. Their branches are all over the place, they are the most vigorous. They are pineapple scented or some other kind of sweet but tangy fruit. They are dense little nugs, and I can’t wait to see what they turn out to be. All this should be done mid July, I think.

These are the clones to match, and a couple of overall shots of all of them. The clones were taken two days ago.

More than half of the (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud now smell VERY much like orange. Like if you made fresh orange zest, or squeezed the juice out of the pores of the orange peel when you pinch it. A lot of them have a kind of hazy or sour smell but not so much citrus as the orange ones. A few of them have a smell that is just like a stinkbug when it gets threatened and flies away.

Here is about how wide the bigger buds are. Despite growing very fast, the buds don’t seem extremely large to reflect their height. Maybe they are more dense than I realize and are actual huge. Here is a measure of the width of one of the keepers. I selected the two biggest ones to try again the next run, and they both are orange smelling, and very terp-rich. I’m curious as to what kind of finished product this produces.

They are getting so tall and out of control now, I must fence them down. I just kind of lay this fence down on top of them, and fasten it to screws with zip ties.

I am sure they will like being further away from these lamps now because it is so warm(around 30C). My height is maxed out, so this is very nice. I am finishing up over here anyway, and getting ready to try again in about a month.

9 Likes

(Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 is looking nice, and it looks like all are finished in about two weeks. Some will be done next week, and some maybe take another week or two. They almost all look very similar, quite uniform; well bred. They are tight dense nugs, and oily. The buds really got a whole lot bigger than a big thumb, and turned into the size of a 5year old’s fist.

The winner is an early one.

(Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud overview:

Most of the buds look pretty wild, and they are not very uniform, but most are very oily, some of them have big calyxes others not, and almost all are very fragrant, mostly of orange in the end, like mandarins.

Need to test drive the cannabinoid profile on these, or get somebody to do it for me to give some input about it.

Looking forward to the end of the summer season to process this raw material to finish this product,and start to try out some other cultivars.

10 Likes

I am finishing now, so I start harvesting and processing, starting with (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2.

Here are a few shots of some different buds, each from different plants.
(Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 mostly has different kinds of sweet smells, but a few of them give off the same scent that some cheese cultivars have. I am very surprised that such polyhybrids can display more or less uniformity in bud structure and size. They look and smell good to me. I hope it turns out to be excellent.

(Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud has a lot of different terpene profiles in all of the different plants. The terpene profile is it’s best strong point. A lot of them have some kind of citrus scent, mostly orange, but a very few more heavy towards lemon. Some of them are very sweet like cotton candy, and a very rare phenotype that is like a stinkbug. It really is all over the place, with very many different smells to choose from. Some are very oily, and some are noticeably less oily. Let’s see how this goes.

Thank you for taking a look, and many thanks to the breeders. I appreciate the work they did to make this possible.

12 Likes

That first photo freaked me out. Than I realized it was a gloved hand from below still kinda of a Deliverance kinda feel.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Gezzzzzzzz man at the Chezzzzzzz. Looks great. Good stuff. I’ll be reading this.

Wow - everything looking great !!
The Face Off OG BX2 is very uniform so the uniformity doesn’t surprise me. I would be honored if you named that strain. Looking forward to your reports. Thanks bro.

3 Likes

hope all is well
after talking with Pie and having a friend almost pass out after smoking some very cured (Apollo II x headband) we have decided to name that strain (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 … Wipeout
how are things going bro ??

3 Likes

Hello. I didn’t want you to feel like you were alone. Lol

2 Likes

:bouquet:Everything went well! Thank you, :cherry_blossom: :white_flower:

4 Likes

Nice grow. Looks amazing.

1 Like