Baked rockwool pie: Spring

First: A huge thank you to the two guys here who have hooked me up with the beans necessary to be a part of this and also give me a chance to pay it forward. I haven’t gotten their permit to say their username and that these are their beans, and this post is for them to see and know what I have done with them, and how they are doing. Again, thank you very much, and blessings to you. :heart:

On April 11th, I sowed maybe 80 (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 because that was a complete tray of cubes as a medium. They next day I said "what am I thinking? and sowed the rest of the packet, 112 in total. I chose this cultivar to be the first this year because as soon as I got them from my mailbox man, 5 of them were already germinated with taproots 2-5mm in the original breeders packet. They were super eager to live. After about 4 days, most of them had sprouted from the cubes. Now it has been 12 days since sowing the first ones, and out of 112, 2 have not sprout yet. There are no noticeable abnormalities, and everything looks pretty healthy and vigorous. I have not given them adequate lighting and wind because I’m still in the process of setting up a place for them to go, so they re kind of stretchy. I’ll try to fix the situation soon, I am still setting things up.

The next day, April 13th, I put down 120 cubes, of (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud. 8 of them have not come up yet, and I pulled off the little tuft of rockwool I stuff in the top of the hole to make sure that I for sure put seeds in these and I saw two of them still sprouting, and the rest all had seeds in them that didn’t look like they popped. A few of those were very pale white. I noticed today something that I have never seen before. There is a huge percentage of twins. Usually I have seen ~1% maybe have twins. Out of 120 sown, 13 have twins(10.83%). If you calculate out of the 112 that have already sprouted, 13 are twins, that is 11.6%.

I am excited to move all of these into a bigger place, and see what they might become. Wish me luck!

22 Likes

As requested…Good Luck!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of seeds. Good luck. Keep us updated.

6 Likes

You again .?!! :point_up:
I swear that people think you have a seedbank there @misterbee Lol.

Edit; I deleted some shite, mate …:ok_hand:

You have a great weekend…
Happy growing peeps …!
:facepunch:
Gaz

5 Likes

80? What was I thinking…better make it 112 lol I love it.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

6 Likes

Well that’s a LOT of beans on your plate! :sunglasses: :+1:

Gotta watch to see how you handle this.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I’m definitely interested. I’ll be along for the ride

This is going to be awesome to watch :star_struck:
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

Talk about a pheno hunt :heart_eyes:
AND it’s baked beans!? Best of luck but I bet you won’t need it! ^^

Just gonna find a permanent spot on the couch over here…
:couch_and_lamp: :beer: :movie_camera:

6 Likes

hehehe :innocent: Let’s see what we find in here.

I searched all over for a memory card reader today, and that was frustrating that I couldn’t find it, so Monday I’ll try to go get a new cheap camera to show you this.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

5 Likes

good luck, i guess its go big or go home lol 112

2 Likes

Lollollolhahaha " mailbox man "
Stickin around fo a minute :nerd_face:

1 Like

^Here are all the (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud. Maybe you can see a few twins in the photograph.

^Here are all the (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2. #1, #2, and #4 are 5x5, and #3 is 6x6. I am still not finished configuring everything for this environment. I need more wind and air exhaust\intake in here.

^These are the best 4 out of 68 females from last season. They are Black Cali Grapes by Jordan of The Islands. One may be duplicated thrice, or two may be duplicated twice, I am not sure yet, until I grow these out again. They were the ones sitting next to a thrips infested zone, so they are in quarantine and getting treatment.

9 Likes

(Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud: They seem to be doing okay, but I will put them into bigger cubes now because they can’t grow much bigger than this in 2x2cm cubes. I would put them directly into hydro like the other seedlings, but I am not ready fixing the other environment yet, so I plan to buy myself some time, and maybe tomorrow or overmorrow put them into bigger cubes.

(Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2:
I had a few hiccups because my floor wasn’t exactly level, and water didn’t get to one corner of #3. ~8 wilted, and are permanently stunted because of it. I’ll veg a tad bit longer to make up for this lack of space, so the others will take over that space.

Other than that, things seem to be going okay.

On another note, I have another system I plan to use soon, and I took the vacuum cleaner and used the head with the brush, and scrubbed some of these NFT channels down, and as you can see, a lot of roots are still dried and stuck to it. On the other four that (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 sit in, I took them in the shower and scrubbed with dish soap and a brush and water to get them nice and clean. Do I need to scrub these off, or can I just vacuum like so, and run them again?

8 Likes

I didn’t end up putting those (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud into big cubes. Instead I waited a week until now to just drop them in hydro. In addition to the oddly high percentage of twins, there are many mutants(12). I used 5 mutants, and culled the rest because there were losers that would never amount to anything worthwhile. 8 seeds failed to germinate at all, so I discard those cubes as well and end up with 112, I think it was. I end up using 105.

Here are all the (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud right before I put them in hydro.

The five mutants I kept are on the left, the runts on the right.

Here I finished putting the 105 (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud on these systems.

Here you can see those (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 to compare how well they did, having been in hydro for a significant time longer. Only the ones on the big tables are (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2.
It looks like I need to check the EC and pH and do some system maintenance on these tomorrow.

9 Likes

Weekend time! :heart_eyes:

(Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2
Is doing fine. I flip the switch and start blooming these today. :bouquet:

Here is a side view so you can see something under the canopy and how that goes.

The (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud are a little bit behind because they didn’t get into hydro until seven days after (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2, and instead stayed in 4x4cm cubes. I vegetate them a little bit longer, maybe another week, maybe less.

9 Likes

I think it is maybe one more week until I can spot the (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 males. Here:

(Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud Have certainly grown a lot in the last week. I’ll change the light cycle for them tonight. Here they are:

7 Likes

Daaaaaaaaaaayum smokey, quite the plant count, something I can only dream of.
Will be sticking around to watch the grass grow.
:love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I big stack of (Apollo II x headband) x Faceoff OG Bx2 males are culled, leaving much more breathing space for the females. Some of these males were very big and vigorous. A few of the females are too! It is easy to see which ones are worth keeping and which ones are not, although in the pictures it is quite difficult to see what is going on here:

I still can’t identify sex on any of the (Cherry West Bx) x Cali Orange Bud. They are very different looking, and also have some pretty healthy looking specimens:

12 Likes

Looking good!