Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

Great plants. And thats a butt load of :mango: Mangos gezzz. What part of the world you living?
Mango is a superfruit and is amazing for your health. You could start a biz selling sun dried mango slices :yum:

5 Likes

Sheesh with so many to choose from no wonder they’re so picky

3 Likes

Mango vinegar? That sounds interesting.

5 Likes

Thanks mate, I’m based in Central America. Sun-dried mangoes sound like a great idea yum. There’s literally 1000’s on offer at the moment. Hence the daily monkey visits

4 Likes

Man seriously you can make a good biz selling organic sun dried mango slices or even turn the mango into dry powder… Hell I’d use the powder for my Cannabis Nutrients even. I love :mango: Mangos especially pure mango juice. It’s amazing .

3 Likes

10kg of mango: 10kg of brown sugar

Vinegar mothers from past batches

About 30 gallons on the ferment :mango:

13 Likes

So what’s mango vinegar used for?

I used some mango in my last ffj.

3 Likes

Balsamic vinegar’s made with grapes; I’m assuming the mangos will be used in a similar process. Kind of like how people make liquor out of all kinds of different fruits, grains etc.The mango sounds like it might give it a nice earthy kind of flavor. I wanna try some haha.

Or maybe it might be like apple cider vinegar. I really don’t know haha, just spitballing. I’m along for the ride, though. I’m actually kind of more interested in this vinegar-making process than I am @FattyRoots’ grow haha!!

4 Likes

@FattyRoots what are you using the mango vinegar for? Do you compost the mangoe skins as well?

1 Like

@Badger I started making fruit vinegars with the left overs from FPJs and FFJ’s and got a good mix like goose berries, plantains, moringa, mango etc the results were far better then expected. Fruit vinegar is actually part of the KNF products but I prefer it in food like salad dressing, guacamole, pico de gallo, Thai Currys… basically anything you’d put lime or lemon on you can replace with a fruit vinegar, ceviche is great too. I take a shot a day, it’s really good for the gut biome.

I’ve been a chef for almost 25 years and recently due to covid had to close my business… the second one in 3 years, the other due to political unrest but that story is for another day. Anyway I’ve been unemployed for over a year and my residency just got accepted so I can register a legal business now so full steam ahead with live vinegars… I’m done with cooking commercially! This week banana and papaya will be made. :banana: :mango: :peach:

8 Likes

Yeah mate definitely in the same realm as apple cider vinegar. My grow moves slow so the vinegar is far more entertaining haha

2 Likes

I compost everything @CADMAN my wife calls me the compost nazi, if I find a sticker on some skin in the pile all hell breaks loose… even a handful of cooked rice or pasta, I’m not having that :rofl:

4 Likes

Saw this online today, made in Italy where all the mangoes grow and only $37 :roll_eyes: I should hopefully go ok charging less than a 1/4 of that price

5 Likes

That’s awesome :ok_hand:. I wanna try that stuff. Probably great for stir-fry

1 Like

My great-grandpa had some of those in his garden. I haven’t even heard anyone speak of them since then, wow.

Dude, that’s definitely some good stuff right there.:yum:

I need to get back in that habit.

That I did not know. I thought it was mainly from apples and a white vinegar plant that vinegar came from. :joy:

3 Likes

I read the product description before I read your comment and was like,”I didn’t realize Modena, Italy was a mango-growing region,” haha! They must be importing the mangoes to Modena and making the vinegar there? Just so they can say,”Real Italian Vinegar!” or something? That would explain the $37 price tag, anyway.

@Badger Yeah, they make balsamic with a white grape, I can’t remember the name of it. But it’s not a grape typically used to make wine from, I think. I mean, people probably do make wine with it, too, just because people make alcohol from whatever they can get their hands on, but I think it’s a grape grown specifically to make balsamic with. I could be wrong about that, though.

2 Likes

@minitiger They are basically mixing white wine vinegar with mango juice… seems legit :man_facepalming:t4:

Nube question: how do I highlight or quote what other people say like you did with that post

2 Likes

Dude, it took me months to figure that out.

I’m on an ipad, so I just touch the beginning of the sentence I wanna quote and there’ll be a prompt or whatever that comes up that says “quote.” Then you just highlight everything you wanna quote. Probably works the same way on a phone. I dunno, I only use my phone for calls and texts. I don’t think I’ve ever quoted somebody on my laptop, I only use that for when I’m posting pics, so I’m not sure how you’d do it on a laptop.

1 Like

Think I got it, cheers braa :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

It’s been one of my favorites very complex flavours, almost out

6 Likes