Baltimore bridge collapse

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThatLookedExpensive/s/UprRc03dkG

Happened this morning on the 695 bridge

7-confirmed casualties

7 Likes

Very sad, prayers sent. Looks like the lights go out on the ship before impact, brutal situation.

4 Likes

Positive thoughts to the families of those involved.

Now I understand why my mom is so afraid of bridges. There was no reaction time at all.

2 Likes

Man o man, huge best wishes for all involved!

1 Like

Just saw it on the news. Hope they can get to the people that are in the water. Prayers for the people affected and to the rescuers.

1 Like

OMG can’t like that!

Hoping all the best for everyone involved :cry:

3 Likes

Prayers to those affected.

Been a difficult couple of years all around.

5 Likes

That happened 20 minutes from my house :house:. :ok_hand::crossed_fingers::v:

2 Likes

Anyone else have a fear of bridges?!?!? This made my heart skip a beat and palms got sweaty. I remember crossing over a mackinaw bridge to the UP . It was cool, but so nerve racking.

5 Likes
1 Like

Insane , this is truly sad indeed

2 Likes

Take a ride on the Beux Bridge In Louisiana its a bridge over water that goes for about 40 miles.Used to drive over that when i was stationed at Ft Polk going twords Mississippi.Hated every min of it

4 Likes

Wow :no_mouth:. Just saw the story on the news. Simple tragedy that could have easily been avoided. Heart goes out to all those involved.

1 Like

I mean, not as easy to avoid as you’d think, those boats don’t turn quickly like a Jon boat or something like that, they can a mile + to turn.

1 Like

Hope they will rescue all the missing people… :disappointed:

4 Likes

So so sad. Likely completely avoidable aswell.
Even worse, I bet they’ll find that the bridge is non-compliant. As are the majority in this nation.

My heart goes out to the families of the lives lost so unexpectedly. :frowning:

2 Likes

This is very sad indeed. Its horrifying how easily it just went down. Thoughts and prayers to all the people and families. :pray:

2 Likes

This is horrifying to even imagine being a person on the bridge. It was only a blink. I feel for their families.

Speaking of horrifying stuff involving bridges. San Francisco recently conpleted the suicide net which covers nearly all of the sides of the golden gate bridge. I saw it last year.

I thought to myself how stupid that is because of the fact that if someone is determined, they can easily just continue over the net. I later realized that if it makes even 1 person stop themselves from jumping then it is worth it. There are a lot of people who have jumped from this bridge.

8 Likes

That reminded me of this film. You seen it?

2 Likes

Sounds like the bridge got shut down before the hit. A lot of folks were stopped before they could jump on the bridge. Evidently the maintenance crew working the bridge were the largest group of casualties.

2 Likes