BarefootAndBlazed 2022

Chopped the NL x Skunk at 51 days and it yielded around 2.5oz. It smelled so great going into the Grove bag to cure!

The Tangie and Port Wine Cheese went 61 days and are currently drying. I moved a couple Sour Diesel plants into flower to take their place.

I have four fine looking Pure Blueberry seedlings. One Dirty Taxi looks great but the other is struggling.

A few from the flower tent where I had to bust out the yoyos:
Sour Diesel around 6 weeks

Spirit Train same age

There are two Spirit Trains, one much more floppy!

25 Likes

Different camera today (Panasonic Lumix G85 with a 12-35mm lens)

Flower tent:

Left column (front to back): Sour Diesel, Spirit Train, Spirit Train
Middle: White Cherry Truffle (short and tall phenos)
Right: Cavity Crush (just got her ‘2 week’ haircut), and two Sour Diesels who just arrived in the 12/12 tent last week

Sour Diesel is the first smell I get when I open the tent. It’s got a rotting flesh thing going on right now.

Spirit Train has some beautiful buds, only slightly marred by the crispy leaves due to heat issues.

White Cherry Truffle from Aficionado has a short pheno and a tall pheno. I’m liking the looks of the short one.

23 Likes

nice work bro - Spirit Train looks fantastic, hell they all look fantastic!! :fire:

7 Likes

just love it when the buds frost up like that. nice grow job!

3 Likes

Fun little experiment. I have stored cuttings in the fridge before, but I had never let them go for three weeks.

Sour D is the two rows on the left, Cavity Crush the two on the right. Middle is one row of Spirit Train and one of White Cherry Truffle which were placed in the cloner right off the plant

And 24 hours later…

Most of them perked right up!

When your tents are full it’s handy to be able to take cuts but delay planting!

25 Likes

Cool! Thanks for tip brother!

4 Likes

Amazing icon_e_surprised|nullxnull, this plant resilience always surprise me, but watching your gorgeous Spirit Train and others :kissing_heart: also reveals clearly you know what you’re doing … hats off

6 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed love the shape of those Spirit Train colas… Spears! Tagging along for the show, bro! Thanks for sharing the before and after 3 weeks in the refrigerator! Great to know!

One Love ☆ DJSF

4 Likes

A few pics:
Cavity Crush starting to stack

White Cherry Truffle at 8 weeks. The buds are so plump!

I chopped one of the Spirit Train plants. This one flopped everywhere, turned purple, and finished sooner.

20 Likes

I planted a round of clones (two each of four varieties)

JOTI Pure Blueberry from seed. Still looking quite uniform. I have not yet submitted any leaf samples to determine sex.

Dirty Taxi - same age as the Blueberry

Cavity Crush (lights on and off)

I’ll harvest the White Cherry Truffles this weekend at 9-10 weeks.
Both Spirit Trains have been trimmed. The smell is reminiscent of spoiled milk with pine and my vape sample was very stoney.
I chopped the Sour Diesel at day 75 because she didn’t look very happy. I think she could have gone 12 weeks had I done her justice. I’ll grow her better next time…

18 Likes

Looking good man!! Can’t wait for the smoke report on the Dirty Taxi!

1 Like

Post #100! Woohoo!!!

Cavity Crush is cruising along - maybe 3 weeks left?

Veg tent has some pairs on the left (Cavity Crush, White Cherry Truffle, Sour Diesel, Spirit Train), a column of four Blueberries, a larger WCT, and the pair of Dirty Taxi plants. The DT runt is still around, but hasn’t been able to break through and grow normally. I’ll likely trash it this week. I’m going to have to drop some strains from the lineup soon, especially since I have planted a few seeds of Querkle and Bruce Banner…

My flower tent is jammed full. A couple Spirit Trains in the front and two Sour Diesels on the right. There’s also an NL5/1 x Super Skunk, Tangie, and Port Wine Cheese in the back…

20 Likes

Did you sample the Port Wine Cheese yet? I picked up some of those from Sam too and thought they would be interesting to check out. I expect grape funky skunk. What are yours like?

6 Likes

I harvested two Port Wine Cheese plants in May. They are appropriately cured now and I just smoked some last night. @Meesh grew one last year and mentioned that I would enjoy it and she was absolutely correct! It’s quite intoxicating in all senses of the word: taste, aroma, and it produces a lovely buzz.

I’ve got a bud under my nose right now (three cheers to working from home!) and I’m getting a cheesy funk with a sharp acetone/chemical smell. Not much fruit. I didn’t get as much color as expected from a plant with GDP as one of the parents, but I’m SUPER satisfied to keep this one around.

11 Likes

Awesome! The fruit is just an exaggerated version of a regular cheese plant imo. That dark overripe funk, more maybe bing cherry like than anything. I had a huge outdoor plant so the stuff that’s been in the bucket for 9 months is super strong. 3 hits and I’m crazy high. lol. Glad you are enjoying it!

7 Likes

Sounds great! I think there are some gems to be found in those seeds.

2 Likes

thanks for the kind words folks
glad you are enjoying those Port Wine Cheese
another one I’m gonna have to f2 :fire:

8 Likes

Bunch of pics this week:
Spirit Train from Bodhi with yard stick for scale

Lots of up-potting in the veg tent

JOTI’s Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition), 8 weeks since I planted the seeds.

Flower tent

Sour Diesel, Day 41F

I made hard candies today. I was shooting for 2.5-3mg each (like my last round) but they ended up around 1mg each. I had a 300mg bottle of infused lemon/lime syrup from a dispensary I visited in California last fall. I doubled a recipe for 50 candies but used a smaller mold size and ended up with 300. Yikes! It’ll be fun to see if I can micro-dose with them. At least this batch wasn’t as difficult as the last. Wrapping them took all afternoon!

I hear the Internet likes cats?

22 Likes

Do you have a recipe for the candy posted anywhere?, those look awesome!!

Plants don’t look half bad either :crazy_face::+1::+1:

5 Likes

This is the base recipe:

I added yellow food coloring on the way up around 290°, as well as lemon flavoring and 2oz of lemon-lime THC syrup (300mg) after hitting 300°and dropping to around 280°. You don’t want to add it too early since the heat can degrade the THC, but you don’t want to wait too long or the mixture will solidify, making it hard to pour.

Once at room temp I tossed them in a coating: 1 cup sugar to 1 tsp “acid blend” to give a nice tangy/sweet starting point. I bought the latter a while back. It’s a mix of Citric, Malic, and Tartaric acid.

Edit to add: It took 20-30 minutes for the mixture to reach 300° (cut the heat at 300 and it will climb to 305° - the “hard crack” state), a lot longer than I imagined…

11 Likes