BarefootAndBlazed 2023

I have exercised a lot of restraint when it comes to buying more seeds, but I couldn’t resist picking up a few during Bodhi’s restock at JBC.

From Bodhi I picked up Lavender Jack, Sakura, and the Oaxacan 9 x Angel Wing Afghan freebie
From AK Bean Brains I couldn’t resist the (NL5 x NL1) x 89NL, and scored a freebie of Consumption x Chocolate Thai.
Other freebies are from Respect Genetics: Super B x Blue Cheese F2 and Sour Diesel #51 x Bodhi’s DLA 5

One of the two Super Lemon Hazes is a girl!

Flower tent

Two Querkles in the rear, Blueberry front left, Bruce Banner front right

Fired up the cloner after giving it a scrub

17 Likes

A friend and I took a road trip to see Cory Wong with Victor Wooten in concert this week. It was amazing! Cory’s band has all top notch players: bass, drums, keys and a five piece horn section, while he is renowned for his rhythmic guitar skills. I recorded them at the Sacred Rose festival in Chicago last summer, but since he doesn’t explicitly allow recording (I had general permission from the festival organizers) I left the recording gear at home and just went to have a good time. They did not disappoint! Victor Wooten is arguably the most talented bass player alive today. I hadn’t seen him in concert since 2005. He has a flashy showmanship which doesn’t always serve the groove of a song IMO, but he fits so well as a special guest with this big band.
Highlights included bringing out the opening act, Trousdale, to sing on a few songs.

Later Cory bantered about the challenges of moving such a large group of people with so much gear through the airport, and introduced the concept of the “Carry On Band”. All their instruments would fit within an FAA approved carry on bag. The drummer’s mini kit was adorable

Another great bit was, at the end of the set, to set up a backdrop/table/chairs/mics for a post-show press conference, like you’d see after a sporting event. The horn section had suited up in matching track suits for the occasion. They took questions from the audience, and ended up autographing some guy’s music theory homework he had brought to the show.

It was a blast and I would not hesitate to see them again any time they are near. This was the opening night of their tour and they’ll be on the road a good chunk of the year…

11 Likes

The garden is on autopilot at the moment. Four in the flower tent hit 6 weeks. Won’t be much longer until harvest.

My Super Lemon Haze lady was moved into an Octopot. Her roots just hit the reservoir so she is due to be topped soon.

16 Likes

Looking GREAT in here @BarefootAndBlazed !!! Love me some Querkle… dank… sour grape candy! Been lurking… Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing.

☆DJSF

2 Likes

Checking trichs with the macro lens today. It’s the end of week 7…

JOTI Pure Blueberry won’t need much longer

Bruce Banner

My two Querkle girls are quite different. The first is vanilla/dough and is nearly ready for harvest, while the other is greasy citrus and has a way to go.

14 Likes

Probably chop the Blueberry next weekend

Some double serrations on the Lemon Wookie V2

Bruce Banner

13 Likes

Blueberry is down

I’m thinking this Querkle will be chopped next weekend

Lemon Wookie V2 is starting to stack

Just moved the Super Lemon Haze into flower today.

19 Likes

Man, I forgot I started following this thread a few days ago. When you posted on my log, I was like,”Why haven’t I seen barefoot posting lately?” Then I found this new one, but I haven’t read through it yet. Because, like I said, I forgot haha.

Anyway, gonna check it out now…

3 Likes

Trichome check shows that Bruce Banner will be the next one chopped. Today is day 67 of flower:

The Querkle was flipped to flower at New Year’s, like the Bruce Banner, but amber is lacking…

Just for fun, here’s the Lemon Wookie V2 which is currently in week 5 of flower. Trichs growing everywhere!

Edit: Eh, the full-sized pics look much better than the lo-res that get displayed by default…

12 Likes

Dude, I had the the thread on tracking and haven’t been getting updated. I’m all caught up though. Looking good as always.

4 Likes

Trimming JOTI Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition) tonight. I love the colors.

21 Likes

Love those macro shots :star_struck:, beautiful work and magic from those octopots and your good care, following along … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Another shot of the Blueberry

I’ve chopped the Querkles, so the flower tent contains only the Lemon Wookie V2 and Super Lemon Haze for now.

Lemon Wookie V2

She can’t decide if she wants to go full sawtooth :sweat_smile:

Super Lemon Haze before and after defoliation (pics taken one week apart)

Sure hope she’s done stretching!!!

I planted two more Octopots with clones: a Blueberry and a Sour Diesel. They’ll veg 2-3 weeks. Have to watch that Sour Diesel. She gets out of control very quickly!

21 Likes

Gotta love those leaves!

1 Like

Whoaaaaa… Were the Super Lemon Haze and the Lemon Wookie flipped at the same time? I can’t remember haha. Crazy how much further along the LW is…

1 Like

They are at week 2 and 6 of flower. I’m trying to get a perpetual rhythm going, starting something new every month-ish. The two clones I just put into Octopots should move into the flower tent in a few weeks. I’ll probably pop some seeds for the round after that - thinking about AKBB’s NL5/1 x '89NL. Or Pure Michigan, or some JOTI (Blackberry Breath? God Bud?), or more Bodhi, or…

6 Likes

Looking good @BarefootAndBlazed :muscle:

1 Like

Quick update today:

Karma x Rez Sour Diesel and JOTI Pure Blueberry. Their roots just hit the Octopot reservoir the past day or two so they’ll be topped fairly soon.

Super Lemon Haze loving the Fluence light @Jinglepot

Lemon Wookie V2 plant

Lemon Wookie V2 bud, finally get some color in the pistils

14 Likes

Nice work!! Excited to hear your thoughts on the Lemon Wookie v2! What kind of smells you getting? Lemon G leaner?

2 Likes

She stinks! My house smells particularly pungent these days. I thought it was because the two Querkles have been hanging to dry, but they are all trimmed and put away now. The Lemon Wookie V2 is the source. There is a top note of lemon, but it’s mostly grease and funk at the moment. I’ve never been around Lemon G so I can’t say if she’s leaning that way. I’m excited for what she’ll become after the cure. I’m hoping for something like a pan-galactic gargle blaster, “having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick”. :crazy_face:

14 Likes