BarefootAndBlazed 2023

Wow! That sounds unique! Ha! I popped a couple LW v2’s recently and hope I get something similar! Keep me in mind when it comes to smoke report time.

3 Likes

Totally random photo dump from the past week…

Went to the annual WurstFest in the old German town of Hermann, MO. Gotta stock the freezer for the upcoming summer grilling season!

Super Lemon Haze

Pressed some Blueberry rosin

Lemon Wookie V2 is 8 weeks into flower.

Cat

Dog

Cardinals vs Blue Jays on opening weekend. 13th row vantage point.

LST applied to Sour Diesel and Blueberry, and into the flower tent they go.

Dog again (just after a walk)

16 Likes

Nice seats, dude! How much did tickets for those run you?

2 Likes

About $100 each, and another $25 for parking. I chose the Sunday game rather than the Saturday specifically because it was cheaper. Not a lot of empty seats with over 45,000 in attendance at Busch Stadium.

After STL, the Jays started a 4 game run against Kansas City. It looked like there was hardly anyone there last night! I suppose it was a Monday evening game. And it was the Royals. :laughing:

The tickets were a splurge since I probably won’t see another game in person this season unless free tix fall into my lap. I lived in STL for over 15 years, but became a Blue Jays fan (I lived in Quebec for a year, my gf is Canadian, and all her family lives in the Toronto area). I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to Canada this summer.

5 Likes

Psssshhhhh… Maybe I should move to St. Louis haha…

That’s really cheap for primo seats like that, fifty bucks cheaper than second-tier seats behind first base at Dodgers stadium (depending on who they’re playing). Kind of surprised about the parking, though; that’s only five bucks less than Dodgers stadium.

Haha, yeah. Plus, it’s not Opening Weekend. “We gotta get there for opening weekend! So we can post pics of us at the game! Who cares how much tickets cost? We gotta get those pics posted!” haha.

Yeah, that’ll make you a fan pretty quickly haha.

4 Likes

I snapped some macro pics to check trichome status.

Lemon Wookie V2 is at 8.5 weeks of flower. It has started to purple and the trichs are maturing but the plant is still pushing a ton of white pistils - particularly on the buds closest to the light, which are also foxtailing. I’m heading out of town late next week. I’ll chop her before I leave so it can hang dry while I’m away.

Super Lemon Haze is at 5 weeks of flower. Looking good!

The Sour Diesel and Blueberry have adjusted to the flower tent and LST.

13 Likes

That’s some nice gardening there! Beautiful.

3 Likes

Took some more pics of Lemon Wookie V2 to show the foxtailing and continuing white pistils. She is LOUD (dank with a lemon cough drop) and extremely sticky!

18 Likes

Wow! She’s a thing of beauty.

1 Like

It has been a couple of weeks!

I chopped the Lemon Wookie V2 before heading to the Backwoods Festival in NW Arkansas for four days. With the long drive the plants were unattended for five days and they came through smashingly. I didn’t even need to water the moms in 1 gallon pots immediately upon return. I fit two of those pots per tray, watered them heavily, then filled the tray. Got the job done…

The Lemon Wookie was ready to trim the day after my return. It took me two evenings to get 5.4oz of flower. It’s crazy sticky and has a strong lemon in the aroma but it’s dank weed that dominates. We’ll find out in a month what stands out.

My Super Lemon Haze is at Day 59 since flip. I had read that Hazes don’t like a lot of nutes but apparently I underestimated how little she really wanted and got some burnt tips.

Sour Diesel at Day30F

Next to move into the flower tent will be a NL5/1 x Super Skunk from AK Bean Brains. The round after that will be from seed. It was tough making a selection but I finally went with another AKBB strain: Consumption x Chocolate Thai. Consumption is [NL5 x Haze (Cough pheno)] x [TK (NL5 x Haze)]. I’m hoping for trippy effects from Haze and Thai, good structure and shorter flowering time from NL5, and potency from TK. They were a freebie pack from a JBC order. I soaked all six. We’ll see what comes up!

If anyone is interested in my other hobby, I made a recording of The String Cheese Incident at the festival. You can stream it for free RIGHT HERE!

14 Likes

Holy fuck. That’s pretty impressive. I don’t wanna say,”Nice job,” simply because I always chalk yields up to genetics and think this whole,”Yeah, I’m a Master Grower,” thing is stupid, but shit… Nice job haha.

That’s interesting. She looks good, though, burnt tips or not. Sometimes I get those, too, and I really have no idea why. I think it’s just a thing that happens sometimes. Like, regardless of how much or how little you put in the water, some plants just get those crispy tips.

3 Likes

That looks amazing @BarefootAndBlazed !

Gorgeous!

Wow, that is stunning, Bravo!!! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Love how she purples up! :purple_heart: :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

I gotta say we’ll done @BarefootAndBlazed beautiful plants! Keep up the good work!

7 Likes

My average harvest jumped from 3oz to 6oz when I switched to Octopots. I’ve managed 13.5oz from a CannaCheese auto, and over 12oz of Sour Diesel.
Plants love em!

All six of the Consumption x Chocolate Thai seeds have sprouted! That is an improvement over my last couple seed starts. This time I soaked them in water overnight instead of sowing directly into soil.

I took delivery of some pepper plants today. My fellow grower in town sells starter plants and she selected a few chile varieties for me. I threw all four into a 7 gallon fabric pot that will live on my deck this summer. We’ve got Aji Amarillo and Caribbean Red, which I’ve grown before, as well as Guajillo and Count Dracula. The latter is known for deep purple coloration.

7 Likes

Deep Purple?

5 Likes

Did you go to any of the Dodgers v Cardinals games a few days ago? I saw somebody in a tie dyed Cardinals t-shirt sitting juuuuuust about where you were sitting on opening day haha, he kept standing up and pumping his fists (rightfully so; what a horrible series for the Dodgers…) and I wondered,”Maybe that’s BarefootAndBlazed…” haha!

3 Likes

Lemon wookie is lookin great! Seems similar to the lemon lotus I grew - foxtail central, stinky, and big yields. Will be curious how you like it - lemon lotus is a really nice feelgood sativa that is tasty! Did run into nanners on one pheno tho.

4 Likes

Not me unfortunately. I probably won’t see another game in person this year. My girlfriend took her kids to Saturday’s Orioles vs Blue Jays game in Toronto since she’s visiting family up there.

Last night I was coaxed out of my house to see a Sunday night concert and I’m so glad I went! A buddy and I caught Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway and they were amazing. It might be the best concert I’ve seen so far this year. We pre-partied at his place with Lemon Wookie V2 out of his Volcano, then puffed on a vape of solvent-free Slurricane live rosin during the show.

I picked up that Slurricane vape to bring to the Tenacious D concert I saw in Kansas City a few weeks ago. Super fun show at a great outdoor venue, The Starlight. Holds around 8000 people and hosts both music and theatre performances. I had great seats - 10th row dead center.

Garden updates:

I trimmed the Super Lemon Haze. Unfortunately I had to toss the chunkiest cola tops due to bud rot, but still wound up with almost 6oz of trimmed flower. It appears to have lost all the lemon aroma. I was only getting metallic scents, so it may be a Haze leaner. We will see after the cure.

Lab results show that I have three females out of the 6 seeds of Consumption x Chocolate Thai I planted. I’ll need to make room in the flower tent for the Octopot with NL5/1 x Super Skunk so I’ll have space to up-pot these young girls. I say that like it will take effort - the 8x4 flower tent currently has only two plants: JOTI’s Pure Blueberry, and the Karma x Rez Sour Diesel - both starting week 7 of 12/12. I think I finally nailed the timing of the Sour D. Extremely short veg so it doesn’t outgrow the tent in flower but will still produce a large yield.

12 Likes

I absolutely love the Lemon Wookie V2!!!
The lemon scent is strong, as is the potency. It is a happy, sativa leaning buzz but it’s so powerful that it can sit you down on the couch if you overindulge.

I brought some that had only cured 2 weeks to the Tenacious D show for a trial. It was well received by my testing group and is only getting better!

8 Likes

Thats sweet! I bet wookie boosted the citrus bigtime… I’ll have to dig into my pack soon.The lemon lotus has a kinda sweet herbal cough drop thing, and then lemon lingers in my nose / tastebuds after. I haven’t found it to be super strong in that sense - with snow lotus it seems to be mainly daytime, not too heavy was super nice for mountain biking. Citrus is so nice - love when it lingers on the palette.

4 Likes

Happy to hear you say that!! Of the 3 I planted I’ve got 2 females so far.

3 Likes