BarefootAndBlazed 2024

Lettuce is bad ass. :metal:

2 Likes

Update on the Chem91 x Sour Bubble from Tony Green. I believe they are 5 weeks into flower now. I usually perform a final defol at 2 weeks, but had to do another today. There were a ton of leaves in the center of the tomato cages and air flow was lacking. I think they’ll be happier now

The plants still have the Chem stank with a hint of bubblegum…

10 Likes

The pH is too low in my cloner so the cuttings have been super slow to root. I changed out half the water to fix it.

Since things are a little delayed I decided to start a few seeds today. I planted one Walter White from Mephisto and two Apollo XX from Brothers Grimm. The WW was a favorite when I grew it a couple of years back. It is their autoflower version of Krome’s The White and is a super sativa. I ordered Apollo 11, but was shipped the feminized version: Apollo XX. That’s the Genius pheno of Jack Herer x C99. It’s supposedly quick to finish. We’ll see how it goes…

Chem91 x Sour Bubble keeps trucking along. The plants don’t look much different than last week, but here’s a close up shot:

9 Likes

I just checked my spreadsheets and those Chem91 x Sour Bubble are on day 49 of flower.

11 Likes

Oh, awesome! I’m really curious to see how the Brothers Grimm version compares to Bodhi’s f4’s.

1 Like

The cloner still wasn’t happy so I dumped everything and am starting anew.
Also, the seeds didn’t sprout so I restarted more of the same - but this time I soaked them overnight first.
A few shots of the Chem91 x Sour Bubble @Tonygreen

15 Likes

Day 63 for the Chem91 x Sour Bubble. I haven’t scoped the trichs yet since they don’t look ready. Maybe another week or two…

After going 0 for 3 just sticking seeds in soil, I’m 2 for 3 after using an overnight soak first. Assuming no complications I’ll have one Walter White (auto-fem version of Krome’s The White by Mephisto Genetics) and one Apollo XX (photo-fem version of Apollo 11 by Brothers Grimm). I’ll probably keep the auto in my veg tent for its entire lifespan while the Apollo XX lives alone in the flower tent, because I will have a mess of clones (2x Blueberry, 3x Saints Crossing, and a Cavity Crush) rooted in a few weeks which will fill the flower tent before long.

I had accumulated a bunch of trim - enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket - so I made some dry ice hash yesterday. I used a 120 micron screen and ended up with an ounce and a half of tasty hash. I may try to make some temple balls, but the majority will be infused in coconut oil for edibles.

Not weed related, but if you enjoy the blues keep an eye out for Christone “Kingfish” Ingram on tour. I caught him last week and his guitar playing is jaw-dropping, plus he sings equally well. His band is solid, but the keyboard player was a real treat to watch because… well, dude was just feeling it all night! He was having a blast on stage, and kept throwing in random teases of popular songs which was a real treat for music nerds like me. Playing ‘Name That Tune’ I picked up on melodies from The Beatles, Bob Seger, Wu Tang Clan, Warren G, The Peter Gunn Theme, Ravel’s Bolero, and many many more.

15 Likes

Yeah, I only started soaking seeds like two years ago, but I think I prefer that to just planting them in soil like I’d always done before. Do you just soak them in plain water or do you add anything to it? I add a little bit of fulvic acid, but I’ve read that, like, “kelp water” and other things work well, too.

I love it when musicians do that, although I’m pretty curious how he worked “Bolero” into a blues tune haha. What Warren G song was it? That’s pretty funny, too.

Plants look good! That hash looks REALLY good. I need to get up off my ass and finally turn the multiple freezer bags I have into hash, never done it before…

4 Likes

I have an RO water tap in my kitchen. I don’t water my garden with it, but I use it in the humidifier and keep a spray bottle for spritzing seedlings and newly transplanted plants in the Octopots as their roots grow down to the reservoir. That’s what I used this time - just RO water - but I have tried a drop or two of hydrogen peroxide mixed in. I’ll have to read up on that.

“Regulate” was the Warren G tune :sunglasses:

This was the second time using the dry ice method, which only took an hour from start to having everything clean and put away. I set out everything I needed: clean 5 gallon bucket, 120 micron bag (I used 73 micron the other time I did this in 2022), trim, a hammer to bust the dry ice into smaller chunks, storage jar, towel/gloves for safe handling, and a bench scraper. Grocery store near me sells dry ice for $1.99 per pound. I grabbed two packages from them which ended up costing $25 - pretty sure that’s priced on the high end and I didn’t need that much.

I split the trim and dry ice into three batches and shook each one 3-4 times. When done, toss out the plant material and allow the dry ice to sublimate outdoors. Scrape hash into the jar. Easy peasy! Last night I topped a bowl of herb with some hash and it was incredibly potent!!! :exploding_head:

7 Likes

Haha… I knew it. I would love to hear a couple bars of Regulate worked into a standard blues song, though.

Yeah, I always use RO water for everything plant-related, even just for soaking. Seems to work well haha.

Is the bench scraper what you used to dump the hash on out of the 120 bag? I dunno what a bench scraper is haha.

That’s the one thing with that dry ice method that I’m like,”Where the fuck am I gonna let it dump out on?” It seems like a great way to do it, though; probably the most efficient, really. Or the easiest, anyway.

4 Likes

Bench scrapers are used in baking. They’re great for mixing ingredients together on a flat surface. You scrape to gather the material and move/combine/mix into a dough and eventually cut into pieces (hence the rulers on some models). I bought one for baking - my gf loves cinnamon scones - but it works just as well for gathering hash. After shaking the bucket of trim and dry ice over a flat surface, the “hash dust” spreads everywhere so you need to scrape it into a pile for easier transfer into the jar. I’ve seen others use a credit card, but the scraper is a much better tool for the job!

13 Likes

I took some macro pics of the Chem91 x Sour Bubble and was surprised to see a bit of amber. I might be chopping sooner than anticipated and wind up with an empty flower tent for a couple of weeks!

14 Likes

Oh! Those things? I totally know what those are haha, didn’t know that that’s what they were called. We have one in a kitchen drawer, although I don’t know why; we don’t do any baking or cutting of dough at all here haha. But I’ve definitely seen those in pretty much every restaurant I’ve ever worked in, even used them myself wayyyyy back in the day when I did prep cook shit at a pizza joint.

I thought the bench scraper you were talking about was what you used for the dry ice hash, like for the hash to kinda spill out on. What’d you use for that? Glass surface? That’s the only issue I have with the dry ice method, is just, like,”Where am I actually gonna do this?” Our coffee table’s made of glass, but I’m not gonna use that haha.

That dry ice method does seem less labor-intensive than the buckets and multiple screens and the ice water and everything, though.

4 Likes

I’m fortunate that we did a big remodel during COVID and I ended up with a beautiful, dare I say dream kitchen. To get the view through the sunroom to the lake, we had to knock down a load bearing wall, substitute an engineered beam for support, then installed a huge island with quartz countertops. I just cleared the clutter, gave a cleaning, then shook hash all over the top.

A couple pics during construction

11 Likes

Good-lookin’ kitchen! haha. So quartz countertops, huh? And the hash doesn’t leave a sticky residue or anything? That’s the thing I’m concerned with, is just the cleanup afterwards. That’s why I’m reluctant to use our coffee table haha.

I really do need to turn all of these freezer bags into hash at some point soon, though. I’ve got a ton of trim and larf and old weed that I never got around to blazing just sitting in the freezer in our garage, kinda driving me nuts that I still haven’t done anything with it yet. I have the bags and the buckets and everything, but I think I’d prefer that dry ice method, seems easier and quicker.

3 Likes

Have any old pictures with glass in the frame? Or an old big mirror? Maybe something like that.

2 Likes

Any pictures I have framed are ones I wanna keep framed and any big mirrors I have are ones I enjoy using to look at my own reflection haha…

I’ll figure it out, though, probably will just end up using the coffee table, even though my girl won’t like that at all.

1 Like

Dry ice is, as the name implies, dry. There’s no moisture involved so you’re basically working with a powder. I’m sure Bubble hash gives you a better quality product than dry ice, but it is a LOT of extra work with more opportunities for things to go wrong. It’s also a bigger investment in time and space since you need to leave the hash sitting out overnight to properly dry. For me I don’t think the slight increase in quality is worth it.

1 Like

Ah, okay, yes, that makes sense haha. Good to know. Thanks. I think I’ll try to make some of that in the next couple days.

1 Like

Happy 420 everyone!!!

It was a really good day today! I hauled my audio recording rig to a campground on a river where a buddy played an early set during a 4/20 festival. My gf got some sweet henna work done on her hands. The weather was perfect and I saw a bunch of friends. Even brought the dog, who is known to be a handful around other canines but it all worked out perfectly.

^^^^^ You can see my mics in the lower left (Schoeps mk41 hypercardiod caps, for any audio nerds out there)

We returned home for a couple of hours then went to a 4/20 Fondue party where a bunch of growers congregated with multiple pots of swiss cheese, beer cheese, mint chocolate, Bailey’s chocolate, oil for cooking, and a cannabis infused chocolate one as well! Tons of meats, veggies, fruits, breads, soft pretzels, and desserts. The food and conversation was excellent!

My flower tent has been dark for several weeks!!! I’ll fill it tomorrow. I’ve got an Apollo XX (feminized version of Apollo 11 from Brothers Grimm) ready to flip. My cloner overfloweth so I’ll start a combination of Blueberry (JOTI), Saints Crossing (Bodhi), and Cavity Crush (NugLifeFarms420). They will go directly from cloner into Octopot, then get 2-3 weeks of veg before going into 12/12. I’ve found myself in a situation where I have my personal stash but no longer have extra. I had reduced the number of plants I grew when I had an overabundance, but I’ve had so many folks in need that I ran out! The Apollo is supposed to be a quick finisher so I’ll be back in the swing of things fairly soon.

My 30 day cure of the Chem91 x Sour Bubble is almost done. The smaller plant yielded 6oz. I didn’t weigh the other but it was probably 8 or 9oz. I think I nailed the dry so it is very fragrant. There’s a pungent chem stench with a little sweet bubblegum finish.

I’ve caught a few concerts recently, including a last minute invite to see Dave Mason (who still has his guitar chops, a great band, and a catalog of amazing songs - more hits than I remembered!), and a Pink Floyd cover band (complete with liquid light show and theremin!)

18 Likes