Baseball sized buds

What would you say is too high? During flowering stage you’re referring to right? I’m a newer grower just trying to learn.

:cowboy_hat_face:me i dont like it to get over 60 :mage:

2 Likes

Really microwave it ? …and yeah flowering rh stayed from 45-60 sometimes at night……,

Just to clarify this is a harvested plant and six day into drying …typically in flower 45/55 rh is typical

Salvage what you can and move on. If it’s ugly, let it go. It’s not worth it. Acceptable losses and all that.

If it makes you feel any better I didn’t notice mine until it was harvest day. I didn’t even see it until I was taking my final pictures and saw this:

If I were in your position I’d take them out of the paper bags, get the humidity as low as possible and airflow as high as possible.

I’d rather it be a little dry than mouldy.

All the best.

Edit - wrong picture

4 Likes

Thanks man and yeah I think your predicament and mine might be a close tie

Your case: excited to finally chop this girl happy she made it and you efforts payed offf till bam mold …depressing

My case :excited to finally test a nug hard work payed off looking for one to test mold depressing

Yes I threw it all out I don’t have time to risk my health haha
You didn’t have to edit the pic I saw it top left of plant !
I’m in good spirits though comes with the trade I guesse .yes I am taking out of paper bags ac only in living room and bedroom cats have free range of house so you know how that goes

Protect buds from hair at all cost !

Edit I’m gonna try to jar it when I get home see if rh is around 63 then cap it should I be safe from mold …I have five more paper bags to go and a huge seven cola monster that is coming down soon

5 Likes

Bitchy botrytis…hate that shit. I keep my fans blasting during summer and fall.

3 Likes

I had it happen on 1 cola of my dwc experiment. Chopped off that one, finished the rest. I know they say you can wash it off, but I just don’t trust it

2 Likes

Airflow, airflow, airflow, and airflow! I honestly have learned to train so my tops count is out of this world, but it keeps the general size down a bit. And I have a large fan on the floor blowing straight up the center of my plants, two small clips on opposite sides blowing slightly up, and a huge 16” wall mount oscillating blowing across the tops and slightly at my light to dissipate heat/hot spots. This helps tons with airflow and also keeps the co2 suspended in the canopy as long as possible.I used to be ALL about those HUGE colas, and trying to achieve the biggest tops humanly possible, but after a certain size/density I find they become extremely problematic in several different ways. ie: botyritis, drying times and curing. Now I prefer an abundance of mid sized tops throughout the entirety of the grow. Honestly I’m still playing with light penetration and such on my new setup, and figuring out where that line is to virtually eliminate any and all LARF is so important to me to achieve the best results. Previously I had it dialed so that even at 60-65% RH throughout the entirety of flower I never had a single issue with botyritis. Now however, I’m constantly worrying about RH, air flow

2 Likes

I washed once before, (outdoor)worked fine but was a huge pita, significantly added to my dry time and vs. The one that was unwashed I noticed a small potency loss, and it altered the flavour somewhat, more earthy “ISH”Probably just trichomes breaking off during the process tbh. But it definitely worked for PM, as for botyritis I truly doubt you could wash that off, and honestly I wouldn’t want to smoke the affected areas afterwards anyway. Maybe that’s just me though ¿

3 Likes

Anyone use diluted milk for PM? My mom would use it in her garden when I was young on squash and zucchini plants. She learned it from her mom who grew up in southern France.

4 Likes

Never heard of that, some of those old timer tricks are amazing! My buddy uses actual tobacco and water for mites. And it Works ! Learned from his great grandfather .

1 Like

I wash after every harvest as a rule. Just peroxide and water and a water rinse. The idea being to kill any microbes/spores that might be a problem before it gets dry. Certainly size and density are considerable factors.

3 Likes

I fully agree with airflow, airflow, its vital indoors. Back in the day of outdoor grows, my plants were a very long hike away. I harvested during bow season under cover of camo and once in awhile would find buds that had the mold. I used to just cut it out. I have not had it indoors (yet) never know when it could show up. Those are remarkable buds by the way in the photos

2 Likes

my last widow plant had huge buds, had to break them up and place them in a hanging herb net with 4 layers deep to keep the webbing from taking the plant back. did not want to loose 10 or more quarts of smoke from that plant.

regards,

2 Likes

I have used it. Bought a few days.

1 Like

I dry in paper bags all the time, works fine. I hang the plants whole for a week or so, until they start to get crispy and the mid-size (girth-wise) branches snap easily, then break them down and put the plant into paper bags. I’ll usually rotate layers. Like, the first layer goes one way, the second layer goes the opposite way etc etc. I also try to mix it up. Like don’t out all of the branches with larger buds in the same part of the bag. I also usually put those branches closer to the top of the bag.

Leave the bag wide open for the first few days and then, over the course of the next week or so, close the bag more and more. Sometimes I’ll also try to kind of “rotate” the branches in the bag so that the ones that have been closest to the top get moved to the bottom and the ones on the bottom get closest to the top. I don’t remove them from the bag or anything, just stick my hand in the bottom of the bag and kind of “turn” everything, like you would a compost pile. Kind of.

1 Like

Wow so many replies input and knowledge thanks overgrow community !!

I have come to conclusion big buds r cool for show but take a picture and chop em up lmao

2 Likes

I worry about mold also. My tents sweat at night. I have to make sure air is moving around a lot. I like the look of big buds. Half dollar size when dried is good enough for me. I don’t even trim off the pant. I skim it. When the leaves are dry the fall off. To be honest I can’t do it for long.

1 Like

I absolutely had no worries about mold in my tent …and then got a little surprise when I peeked into the bags to check on my buds that were drying