New tent new start humidity issues already

Here we go again! Took my 2 4 x8 tents and replaced them with a 8 X 8 to try and get a better true footprint for my hlg600rs. I have had issues with humidity since the transfer and had to take drastic temporary measures to drop humidity. I hate using a dehumidifier but I am at 58 60 % rh and am convinced that botritis is waiting if I don’t do something :thinking: I have a 6 inch line pumping in fresh air through a ac infinity as well as a 8 inch line from another intake. Two exhausts and two fans to keep air circulation going . I don’t know what else I can do outside of more defoliation. Maybe a more powerful set of fans? What is the absolute danger zone during flowering? How low can you actually get your spaces growmies? I have the dehumidifier being directly vented to avoid any burnt up plants. In my 4 x8 I used a dehumidifier and the heat messed up one of my plants. That was why I avoid having them directly in the tent. Open to all advice and giving away clones!

11 Likes

16 Likes

11 Likes

4 Likes

These genetics are busting out my veg tent!!!

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Pull in fresh air from below and push the stale hot air out.I use several booster fans in the bottom duct openings and get a 10-12 inch inline and put over the lights. Do you have a pulse sensor? Vapor pressure is probably what I’d go by. Also lollipop and no leaves sitting on each other you should be gravy.

5 Likes

I don’t think 60% is the danger zone . Especially with good air flow. Run your exhaust 24/7 and have a few good oscillators moving the air and you should be fine IMHO .

13 Likes

Looks packed in there I’d cut back on count lights go off it’s sweaty balls lol

Get ac infinity you will love them and there boosters are priced right

What are your temps like? I agree with the above; 60% can be fine, VPD is more relevant.

1 Like

nice plants - proper venting is definitely the key to controlling humidity. once you get that dialed in you will be rocking hard

1 Like

"You put water in there, better be able to take it out’
My Mentor.

6 Likes

Where do the exhaust fans dump? If you can dump them outside it will help keep rh low.

1 Like

Im not sure your exact setup. But the room the tent is in is it air conditioned? Ac is a dehumidifier. I would set ac on 68 and run it full time. Keep exhausts on full time. Dump air outside the building. No scrubber. Those filters are bullchit in my opinion. They limit flow and work fans hard for nothing. A lot of flow will by itself stop smell from accumulating. 8" can fan should air that by itself.

1 Like

I have a 4 x 8 that flowers in 50 to 60% humidity all the time. I have a hyper fan blowing fresh air across the top of the led lights. Monkey fans blowing up high and an oscillating fan down below. Ac Infinity fan running when the sensor cuts it on. Have not had any problems thankfully. Temp and air flow are a big part of it.

2 Likes

Great looking room bud! I have one of those lights and that made my 4 x 4 tent crazy hot.
Looking to turn my 5 x 6 closet into a room next. Due to my location i have to make my own weather daily almost. Portable AC unit, Humidifier, Dehumidifier and fans to get that RH right.
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

I have the 6 inch ac infinity :infinity:with controler

2 Likes