Baudelaire StrainBase v1.1 - A Compendium of Cannabis Varieties

StrainBase - A Compendium of Cannabis Varieties
v. 1.1
©Baudelaire 2000

This is 4 part PDF document original Baudelaire Strainbase published on Overgrow.

CHAPTERS:

1. New World Strains

SB1_NewWorld.pdf (495.2 KB)

2. European Strains

SB2_Europe.pdf (207.5 KB)

3. Asian Strains

SB3_Asia.pdf (74.8 KB)

4. African Strains

SB4_Africa.pdf (44.0 KB)

21 Likes

Good to see the original StrainBase back, good to see Overgrow back!

-b420

8 Likes

Neat-O.

Kinda dated information but its cool to see how some Sativas have stood the test of time. For example if you look in the African Strains list you see Durban Poison and that is part of the latest cultivar “Girl Scout Cookies”.

Also cool to see Malawi still around today… I just got a Purple Malawi and I have tried a hybrid of Malawi, and its very good.

1 Like

Glad to see you here!

I’m still playing with idea of reviving old strainbase (I’ve got that archived as static HTML) in some new editable form and to try to connect it with forum posts the same way our GrowFAQ is currently done (as any user can edit wiki posts).

But I still see its original forms as very complex (there is more than 50 database columns I think) and current modern approach is to simplify everything. So I’m not still decided on how to do this exactly, but StrainBase (or StrainGuide) is definitely on our future road map!

5 Likes

If you can code it, I’ve got a schematic for SB 2.0.

The project went on the shelf as the wheels came off at old OG.

With the additional genetic data that has developed on mj strains since then, the opportunity to build a rigorous strain heritage reference tool has never been greater. Without one, I fear that cannabis breeding will never be separated from weed marketing, and anything developed hence will be proprietary rather than openly available to the community. You’ll be planting Monsanto Super Skunk, or Phillip Morris Original Kush auto-flowering hybrids, and be forced to agree NOT to breed a plant that you can’t clone. It’s coming faster than you think.

-b420

13 Likes

@LemonadeJoe Good to hear! When I’ve documented the Crippy lines and discerned all facts, credible, proven and reputable I want to request it being added to the compendium so THE AIR IS FINALLY CLEAR and the axe grinding is over and done!