Beacher - some past grows and future

Day one of flower for my SCROG ladies. The godbud on the left has filled about 50% or so of its screen, and I know it will stretch quite a bit. The Island Sweet Skunk on right is maybe already a bit big for its smaller screen space but I think it should be OK.

12 Likes

Here’s a little clone/veg box I made. Rubbermaid tub with some holes for intake and a muffin fan on the one end.

I used these double socket holders, so I can put up to 4 bulbs in here. I use one 23w cool white floro for cloning, and usually all 4 for vegging seedlings/small plants. It’s very convenient.

11 Likes

Some ISS clones. Although this strain isn’t the strongest or best yielding, I’m pretty attached to it and want to keep it around for a while. The godbud is great, but this will be my last one for a while…need to make room for some new stuff.

10 Likes

Good stuff, I love to ScrOG too, good for tight spaces.
:+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Well, hindsight is always crystal clear, I really wish that I had kept A-11 G4 from Reservoir. I loved those flowers.
One of my all time favorites. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Best of luck with your seeds!

6 Likes

Ya same here. Mine tasted like pink cotton candy, and was scary potent. Very psychedelic. Not a bad yielder it had that angular branch pattern with smaller super dense nugs at nodes.

Now i’m drooling…

7 Likes

Girls are flowering nicely. As you can see i should have let the screen fill up way more before flipping. The god bud likes to stretch so i thought it would fill more, but they seem to behave differently with the scrog net. I’m really impressed with the number of colas on the GB

These are at about 4.5 weeks now. They’re already really resinous and smelly, i’ve been using this ‘cyclorganic’ stuff a friend gave me and it seems to be really helping with resin production.

14 Likes

Looking sweet in there. Keep missing out on your posts. Went ahead and bookmarked it.

4 Likes

Thanks man, it’s not the most exciting grow on here but I enjoy it!

I’ve got some fastbuds blackberry auto seeds on the way for my next round. I haven’t tried any of the new gen autos so I’m pretty stoked to see how they come out.

4 Likes

Here they are around week 8. They’re doing OK, I’ve been neglecting them a bit. There’s a bit of powdery mildew on the godbud, and some light burn on both (which I’m ok with lol). This is a bit of throwaway round with my old mothers before I build my new room, temps are pretty low…

I’ve started a few BlueberryxISS seeds, and a mystery bagseed for my next round which will be in the new and improved room.

11 Likes

Well I hacked the ISS down a few days ago, and the godbud shortly after. They had quite a bit of powdery mildew so I could only save some of them. I’ll chalk that up to neglect and bad conditions.

I’m going to start building my new permanent room soon, I never had good luck with that tent. The basement is pretty humid with stale air so I’ve installed a couple cold air returns which really seems to be helping.

4x feminized Island Sweet Skunk x Blueberry from JAH seeds. The blueberry is supposed to be a DJ short original so hopefully they’ll be interesting. The larger one is a bagseed from some bubblegum.

I’ll be doing these in my new room in coco hempy buckets, I think I was overwatering the last round.

9 Likes

So I’ve finally finished building my new grow box and I’m hoping it will solve all the issues I’ve been having at our ‘new’ house. The basement gets wet and doesn’t have the best fresh air. My old tent just sat on the ground and the incoming air would have been moist and riddled with gross stuff from the water on the ground. My first few rounds in it were OK, but i had powdery mildew issues with the last one…

This is about as wet as it ever gets, and its rare but does happen. I put the box up on concrete deck blocks to isolate it from the moist, cold, GROSS ground lol.

I used pressure treated wood, and wrapped the bottoms where they touch the blocks in plastic. The blocks seem to wick a bit of water so hopefully this will isolate the 2x6s from that.

Put up some plywood walls, then hung light, scrubber and black white plastic.

I put a huge door on the front, and another kinda huge door on the back so I can access everything…I’m hoping this will be necessary when my scrog screen is overloaded with huge buds

Here it is finished with the doors on. I put 2 4in intakes up by the ceiling where the air is warmer, drier and cleaner. It brings this air to the bottom of the box on both sides, then the scrubber sucks it out the top at the back.

In my old tent temps at the canopy never really went up over about 65f with the light on, I’m now sitting between 76-80 with my 400w going which is great. If it gets any warmer I’ll add another intake…the air in the basement itself is about 65 degrees

13 Likes

I’m going with 2 gallon hempy buckets this round. I put about 2" of clay balls in the bottom of each, just over the height of the bulkhead that drains excess

I used bagged coco (mokoko brand), and also added about 10-20% of this really coarse coco that I got a small brick of. I think it will really help with aeration and drainage. Its really nice stuff!

Three blueberry x island sweet skunk from JAH seeds, and one bagseed that I found from a bubblegum I did outside last year. They’re about 6 weeks old and have been getting tortured in little solo cups for the last couple weeks.

In their new home. They were underwatered when I transplanted them in this pic, but they’ve already picked back up and are looking fine today. I’m going to give them a day or two to get some footings down and will start giving them some LST lovins

Its good to be back up and running, I’ll start updating more as they get huge!

15 Likes

Did some LST today and the plants are already noticeably bigger. I think they’re enjoying their new home!

These blueberry x island sweet skunks have a really nice shape to them. To be honest I didn’t even really need to train most of them they’ve opened up nicely. I topped them once at like 3 nodes, I’m not sure if I will again. Here they are looking happy under the MH

This is my favorite blue island so far, number 3. It has a great structure and just looks really nice lol

This is the bagseed from my outdoor bubblegum plant. It either pollinated itself, or the godbud may have got it. I’ve found 3 seeds total between both plants…

It has a short bushy stature, and really interesting super jagged leaves that neither of its potential parents had. Maybe it will turn out to be something cool

13 Likes

I put my scrog screen in today at a height of 15". Luckily the one I had already made fit well in my new box, it took quite a while to make.

The ladies came out for their first water since being transplanted into the hempys. I gave them megacrop at about 725ppm and 6.0ph. It takes just under 3L per bucket to have a good amount of runoff. Here they are looking thirsty on the gross basement floor

Under the screen…they were all around 15" high (except the bagseed), so I had to tuck them in there carefully. They shouldn’t be moving again for a couple months now!

10 Likes

I’ve noticed what seems to white mould growing on some of the coco chunks. Its ONLY on the coarse large coco lumps, there’s none on the regular stuff. Heres a pic:

I think its probably just some random fungi that was brought in with the coco. I’m not overly concerned as the soil is dry at the tops of the pots and theres tons of airflow, but who knows. Anyone seen this before?

5 Likes

Really great progress here. I watered the 3 blue islands today and they were all pretty much bone dry. That’s 3L each in about 4 days. I can’t believe how well they’re growing. I think the new room, new nutes (mega crop), and switching to coco are definitely working!

Here’s them today, and here they are side by side with my last update 5 days ago. I’m just blown away, i think this strain will be a banger. Note that the bagseed in the back right is waaay behind lol

Again, this is 5 days of growth…holy shit!

15 Likes

I think it might be something to do temperature and drying out as the same thing happens to my house plants when I put them on the windosill. The top layer of coco goes white. It’s freezing on my windowsill by the way.

4 Likes

Ya I think it’s some random spore that happened to be on the coco, I don’t think it will have much impact

6 Likes

Myself, I am still debating on whether or not to put in a scrog, but if I were to do it, it would have to be very similar to this, except I would just mount it to the walls of my cabinet.

Looking good dude :+1:

Peace

6 Likes