Beacher - some past grows and future

Thanks! I think I’ll probably always use a scrog of some sort it works really well and is easy.

5 Likes

Snapped a quick pic ealier, growth is still really steady and nice. I’ve been avoiding the middle to avoid overcrowding, but theres a few nice toppers that I will start moving towards there. I think maybe one more week (or less) of veg and I’ll flip them

19 Likes

Quick update…I flipped them on Mar 13 so this would be day 4 of flowering. The screen could have been a bit fuller, but I don’t know how much this strain will stretch so hopefully its enough. I also put on the 600 HPS for them. So far so good!

Edit: note for future grows, I only topped these once at about 3 nodes and should have done it again to each of the 4 main branches.

14 Likes

Another update, now at day 8 since flipping. I’ve moved the 600w down to about 20", but will probably drop a bit more still. They’re totally dry every 3-4 days already, sure wish i could have found some frigging 3 gallon buckets lol

16 Likes

Great growth between flowering day 4 and 8. The ladies have really started to fill the space.

4 Likes

Thanks, ya they’re blowing up they love the coco and mega crop. Should have filled it a bit more before flip, but they’re getting there.

3 Likes

I think you should have posted the pics like this and messed with us. Title “growing vertical with beacher” hahaha :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Sorry I’m stoned hhaha

14 Likes

Lol, a new take on stadium scrog!

4 Likes

Chugging along, they really exploded the last few days. They’re drinking almost 3L every 3 days now which is crazy, definitely bigger pots next time!

I watered all the Blue Islands last night and realized as I was doing the last one that I totally forgot to PH. Oh well, with the mega crop mixed in it should be around 6.5 which isn’t too crazy…I’ll correct it next water with a good flooding.

19 Likes

They’re doing nice there dude, never done a scrog myself but have been thinking of it be interesting to see what you get at the end :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Looks great, buds are starting to take over!!

4 Likes

Thanks, folks! I’m pretty happy so far…time will tell.

2 Likes

Another update with some notes for future reference, and a map because I’m a stoner lol. Day 13 of budding

The blue islands are consistently dry every 3 days now and take about 4L each.

2 - a beast, grows very vigorously. Smaller middle growth filled in very well and all those tiny branches got thick fast with big, lush fan leaves. Definitely #1 in growth and shape. Is actually sagging a bit from being dry at the start of third day after watering. THIRSTY

3 - was my favorite in veg, but now the smallest. Still growing very well, but middle growth didn’t fill in as much and its more spindly and sparse than the other 2. The four long main colas are really nice and look like they will fill in well

4 - middle of the road. middle growth filled in better than 3, is more tall and thicker. main colas aren’t as big as 2,3

BG? - much shorter than the BIs, is on a 1" lift and still quite a bit shorter. Very bushy, needs to be thinned out regularly for air flow. Nugs are already stacking like crazy I think it will be stout and thick. Strong smell, but kinda ‘grassy’.

GB? - this stretched more than 2x in the first 2 weeks…was only ~ 1 month old from seed when put into bud. Healthy, vigorous plant with no complaints. Stretchy, long internodal spacing

14 Likes

Another note for cloning reference:

A new, unsoaked peat puck weighs 5.5g, soaked and shaken a bit they’re 34.5g :sleeping:

5 Likes

That made me laugh… thanks.

Looking good dude

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

A little side plant that I’m really excited about. A friend who has never grown asked me if i could take a look at his plant to see if it was finished. He takes me into his backyard and shows me this 8ft MONSTER with huge chunky buds covering like 20 large side branches. An absolute fucking unit of a plant…also the thing just reeks like sweet flowers or something. It was also in a semi shady spot, he fed it like twice the whole year…just crazy

The weed is a really potent, kinda racy (but in a good way), with a very sweet taste. Really dense, chunky buds that are resinous even when its bone dry. My buddy actually complained that its ‘too sticky’ lol

An old guy he knows got him the cutting off another old dude. The guy wont tell anyone anything about the strain and is not interested in sharing anymore, so its probably one of those crazy old school keepers that hes been holding onto for like 20 years.

Well bad news old man I found a seed lol

Started Feb 21, and topped a week ago. Shes sagging because i just aggressively bent her down a bit. This thing is super vigorous and has had 0 complaints.

I took a clone when i topped it that should be rooted any day now, I want to chuck it into the bud room ASAP to get an idea of just what this thing will do inside…I think its going to be a good one!

13 Likes

It also formed these lumps at all nodes a couple days after topping. A really good sign as far as I’m concerned

12 Likes

I tried a couple pics with the light off today, and it turns out that wasn’t the problem with my pics, I just suck at photography lol

Day 18 - The canopy looks a bit packed, but I actually take a small bag worth of leaves off every single night. Starting to see some crystals, especially on the blue islands, and a bit of smell but nothing too noteworthy yet…sweet and fruity

I put the godbud(?) seedling in the back right corner up on something just to get it even with the canopy a couple weeks ago, now its towering over everything else by like a foot. Its in a great spot getting side blasted and not blocking anything else…stretchy mf

19 Likes

Nice man everything is coming along great. The godbud likes that room lol. The Canopy looks perfect to me. Good on you. You should be happy with your quantity for sure.

4 Likes

Thanks man! I’m sure hoping for a good yield…i had to tear down early last time due to powdery mildew and I’m actually kinda RUNNING OUT OF WEED :scream:

Seriously though I’ll be fine, but you know how it feels when those jars starting getting empty lol

4 Likes