BeagleZ' COPA Cabana

I’m in! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: pretty soon, people are gonna be using JADAM in coir instead of nutes :rofl::bear:

4 Likes

So you guys just using mostly cannabis leaves for your ferment juice? Do you dilute to a 10:1 or 20:1 ratio of water to fermented tea concentrate?

4 Likes

Yeah @ElGalloBlanco , mine is just H2O, canna leaf and some popcorn bud, salt and some active leaf mold. Let it sit for about 4 months so far.
I am using around 2oz per gallon currently, around 1:60 but I may increase that as it ages a bit more and depending what the plants tell me.

6 Likes

I’m using leaves, wet trim, some larf, and whatever stalks and stems are left after harvest. Dechlorinated water, and a fistful of leaf mold or compost, whatever I have on hand
I go 4 oz. per gallon after it’s aged for a few months.
@BeagleZ way is better… before 6 months it’s a dice roll whether plants will love it, or get fried.

6 Likes

Nice, thank you both! I’ve made “stinky (stinging) nettle tea” before with just water and stinging nettle, let ferment for a couple weeks, then dilute it down to water or foliar, didn’t use salt or compost/leaf mold though. Don’t remember how the plants responded to it or not but I guess I didn’t fry them, I would’ve remembered that, haha. Comfrey or borage would be nice options as well if available.

4 Likes

Wait til you start top dressing with nettle tea pulp!

I mean tea for drinking, I have some nettle tea every day and dump the pulp on my soil.
There’s this small pot in my garden and the plants in it have been struggling quite a bit, but then I started dumping nettle tea pulp in it every day and I briefly got a nice white mold and then a bunch of sprouts started popping up!

Nettle is extremely good fertilization!

In fact I’m gonna make a thread about it.

5 Likes

My comfrey plants are in full flower at the moment, gonna try my hand at a ferment later in the year when they get a little bigger but I had no idea how pretty flowering comfrey is, I’m considering sowing some more of it around the property in the wooded areas just to have more of it around. @BeagleZ @Rogue do you think I could try just chopping the leaves up and top dressing the pots and see some benefit?

5 Likes

They’re pretty right! You can green mulch with comfrey. It will liquify pretty quickly. Many orchards will just grow it as a companion and mulch the leaves around the fruit trees for that micronutrient magic.

You will get more seasonal harvests as the plants get more established.

6 Likes

Ofcourse!

I think it has more benefits than tea because you’re adding the fibers as well as many minerals, it’s richer and you can’t really overdo it as it decomposes slowly and also acts as a moisture barrier.

Mulch is magic!

My number one rule is: never leave any soil bare, ever!

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I got going on around my fruit trees with Russian bocking 14 comfrey specifically. Hey @LegsMahoney, just be cautious on how much you want that comfrey to reseed itself as it can spread pretty damn well and can be quite invasive. The Russian bocking 14 type is sterile so it doesn’t spread by seed but through cuttings of its roots, however, once you plant it, it can be all but impossible to remove so you need to be sure of its location as it will likely be there for the long haul.

6 Likes

Yea I originally bought seeds and then never did anything with them after I heard how prolific it was and instead bought some root cuttings of the bocking 14 that I planted around the edge of the property, but I have a big section of my property that’s wooded and grows wild ferns and whatnot that I wouldn’t mind a small patch of comfrey taking over in

7 Likes

I’ve been playing with the idea if using yellow and purple dead nettle as a cover/companion crop. I have a ton of it in the backyard. Mabey throw some clover along with it. My only apprehension is if I ever want to get rid of it, then what? I’m stuck tilling 400 gallons… indoor!

Thoughts?

2 Likes

@BeagleZ … wow dude! I thought I knew my shit, I’ve been watching your threads and I am completely rethinking the way I do things now.

Just goes to show, your never too experienced to learn something different.

3 Likes

Shucks, thank you kindly @McShnutz !!
Labor of love over here :slight_smile:

I think it would be a good companion crop, should be easier to control in indoor beds or pots. PITA in the yard for sure but I think it’d be fine as a cover. With as much top dressing and mulching that I do I doubt it would get out of control.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the same. Outside it’s maxing at about 12" in full bloom but also in a partly shaded area. But indoors it could take off, which is a good thing as like you said, mulching with it. I’ve never care for any of it in terms of water or nutrient and it just thrives. Crazy tho, I’ve always considered it to be abstract. Only recently I’ve started using it to make FFJ. After seeing all the uses now, I think it may be the right choice for a living mulch. Plus, zero sting!!

3 Likes

Ok Fam, today will be the first day of 12/12.
Getting ready to go to the beach and I’m afraid if I wait these things will be too unruly by the time I get back.
So, they got a good foliar feeding of unripe blueberry bloom solution for some extra phosphoric acids to kick things off then the lights went out.

That’s all I got for today so far
Y’all be good, good vibes y’all :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Perfect example of how indigenous species work in synchronicity with the IMO’s. They take care of each other, do they need us to give them a bunch of salts/chemicals?

5 Likes

Bring on the stretch, looking great @BeagleZ :v:

5 Likes

Thanks bud! Always appreciate when you drop in brother!!

4 Likes

Pleasure is mine bud, enjoy the beach :parasol_on_ground:

3 Likes