BeagleZ Corner

No dude that’s a rolled temple ball, the stuff from the wash came out blonde, that’s what it looks like after being pressed with a glass rolling pin full of boiling water and then rolled. That washing machine is so much gentler than any hand paddle, you’re gonna love that thing when you get it rolling dude

8 Likes

Anyone done the dry ice method? If I was going to do the dry ice method what size micron bag would be best or most universal for this method?

8 Likes

I usually do this. I’ve yet to make bubble hash but want to soon. For Dry Ice sift I do a pound of dry ice per 2 ounces. I usually just use the 160 bag and call it a day.

6 Likes

Thanks buddy!

6 Likes

I do the punching balloon technique with my bag over a huge tray or table.
start at 1:50
But the stuff goes everywhere, so be aware of this.

3 Likes

One day last year I randomly found myself with a couple hours to kill and some free dry ice… I used a 73 micron bag

This was the only time I’ve tried the dry ice method and I like the results. I’ll do it again some day. I might go with a looser mesh to see if I can get more return while still having a quality product.

6 Likes

I’ve never tried it before crunch, but I’ve heard anecdotally that the dry ice method has the potential to produce more contaminates in the final product because of how brittle the material gets, so probably just be suuuuuper gentle on your agitation if you give ‘er. But definitely post results man, I’m curious to see!

5 Likes

The return from dry ice sift is insane and is great for everything but
temple balls, you can’t make temple balls with it. I’ve always wondered about making the dry sift, and then running all the sift through the buckets to see if the water would clean it up so you could still get the full melt stuff but haven’t tried.

4 Likes

I’d be worried that the contaminate would be so small at that point that it’d probably pass through the bass with the resin heads, unless you dry ice sifted in like a 160 and the. Washed through like a 75 or something. You could always static sift what you get from the dry ice to try to clean it up

3 Likes

yeah this would be my exact thought.

This would probably be the best idea, actually.

Like you said, the contaminant IS really small and will go through all the bags. I’ve scoped it out. The static tech would grab all the heads.

4 Likes

I was reading that @Bobgrows uses the dry ice method. Maybe she can shed some light for us. I wonder if you used a finer bag if the return would be more melty and able to form into a ball.

Here is my trim bin (150 micron) temple ball. I have learned to barely crumble and spread trim in the bin so I don’t get as much plant material. Works pretty good! It will get darker and more gummy as it ages.

Mixed ball from latest harvest and an aged SS4 ball.

11 Likes

Hi!
I do the dry ice method.
I don’t make the balls tho. I like mine to where I can melt easy in a banger or pour into a joint.
The balls are hard for me to break apart. I store in a sealed jar, after removing all moisture, in the freezer.

6 Likes

Static tech would be good for dry sift. What do you guys recommend to use for that?

5 Likes

So I’ve never done the static sift tech, but both bubble man, John berthalow (think that’s how you spell it,) and the dank duchess have videos on it in YouTube. They all use the fine mesh dry sift screen to do it. I’ve also seen it done differently in producing regions in steel bowls. For the screen tech it’s just a book with some parchment paper wrapped around it that you drag across the screen after it’s been given a static charge. The side that makes contact with the trim picks up a line of contaminate, and the backside picks up a line of pure resin heads, it’s kinda wild to watch. The steel bowl method involves swirling the sift around and the resin ends up sticking in a ring around the edge of the bowl.

Here’s some video links

Bubble man ( I was wrong here he’s using a glove instead of the parchment)

Skunk sifters (similar to the book tech, this one uses a paint roller though. Same concept in general)

Dank duchess (skip to 30:14 for static sift)

John B (skip to 27:29 for the static sift)

There’s a bunch more stuff on YouTube detailing the method too

7 Likes

I like to dry sift my bud from seed runs. I’ve done the glove tech before. It came out very clean, but yields were quite low.

4 Likes

Did you do it on a screen or on a different surface?

3 Likes

I’m feeling like this is a lot of work and I really don’t have anymore room for big screens or anything right now.

I think I will stick to washing and pressing :thinking:
I mean maybe if the wife and kids are ever away for a weekend without me I could see myself doing all this sifting and gloving etc but it would be for the novelty of it I guess.

Pressing bubble in a 25 bag will get rid of most if not all contaminates right @ReikoX ?

5 Likes

It really doesn’t take a whole lot more time than making bubble. One benefit is the hash is ready to smoke right away. There is no drying step.

For the most part, pressing hash separates the cellulose, wax, and lipids from the cannabis oil. However, if you made the bubble right, there won’t be any contaminants to begin with. :wink:

4 Likes

This is a very very good point

3 Likes

this is basically the “gumby” hash technique. You take your dirty sift and toss it in a jar of water for a few hours. The resin sinks, contaminants float.

yep, that where the dry ice tech’s “big yield” comes from. Bubble hasher’s typically let their material soak for 10-20min in the ice water before washing for this exact reason

4 Likes