Beans for everyone (Part 4)

7 Likes

Trim jail level: Alcatraz

3 Likes

That’s the Purple top virus? Some say Phosphorus helps. They say it’s possibly transmitted by the colorful little Leafhoppers, the blue and red ones. Other people mention they only get it outdoors when using Horse manure.There is still some speculation about what causes it. Hopefully it will grow out of it.

2 Likes

A couple of pictures of my Coastal Blueberry.
They are starting the same thing.

I do have horse shit mixed in my soil, so that’s a connection.

16 Likes

I like how you think.

Have you seen any of the Leafhoppers . I’m going looking for the last discussion of it. @Upstate was thinking it was related to the horse manure. Other say it’s transmitted by the Leafhoppers. Upstate is saying use Hydrated lime to provide calcium for Phosphorus uptake. Phytoplasm

13 Likes

Wow…amazing trees…keep it up @THCeed thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Thank you for that info.

4 Likes

I’ve had outdoor plants covered in leafhoppers but never saw that. Who knows?

3 Likes

I get lots of Leafhoppers, but they are always green. Lots of folks mention the blue /red ones being the culprit. Idk.

5 Likes

It’s like the Amazon jungle down here. There are species of leaf Hoppers that have yet to be identified.

I have my guards on duty.

25 Likes

Those cicadas maybe lol. I can barely see them.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing brother

1 Like

Hmmmm.

10 Likes

Weird looking bug. @george you have any idea?

Froghoppers are polyphagous, their host plant specificity is low, so that they can feed on a variety of plants, mainly grasses ([Poaceae]

According to Wikipedia

Cheers @THCeed hope you find the answer :smiley:

6 Likes

I swear, I get my own species. Lol

3 Likes

Cannabis Gigantis is your species type mate :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Pretty hard to overgrow the world with just babies. They need something protecting them from above. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Sorry, got caught up in some family crap this weekend. I will have the kids pick the cat name winners tomorrow.

8 Likes