Bedside Cabinet Micro Growing . Rogue One . 2019

I would suggest instead to add a tablespoon of the powders to the EWC, then top dress and water in.
:+1::seedling:

3 Likes

What on earth is EWC? :smiley:
Not really keen on mixing the powders with the vermicompost, don’t wanna manhandle the worms!

3 Likes

EWC =earth worm castings. Vermicompost.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks, I’ll be very gentle then, love them little wigglers.
Reminds me of Worms, that computer game, damn that was fun.

2 Likes

Oh heck yeah, loved that series of games. You dont have to upset the worms, just top dress the powders and put the vermicompost on top of it and water in. The worms will help till the goodies in for you.

3 Likes

Done. Never heard soil make so much noise before, crackling and bubbling. Might have been underwatering a bit. I killed two little milky white bugs that jumped pretty high when I put down the vermicompost. They were quite big, half a centimeter or so. Hope they’re good guys…

And from now I’d maybe make some tea every two weeks, a tablespoon of everything in a liter of water and let it sit for 36 hours then feed it. Every week would be a bit too much right?

3 Likes

Holy shit, my big plant grew almost an inch in every direction overnight. Wow…

And a 25 kg bag of malted barley arrived today. I’ll sprinkle a little of that on the soil and use it in the teas as well.

4 Likes

Tied her down and treated her to some chopped malted barley to make up for it.
Tried a weedgrinder first and it worked somewhat, but it was a plastic one I got for free.
Knives are more fun.

4 Likes

I went to the thrift store and picked up an old coffee grinder for $10. Works great for that, or egg shells for the worm bin, etc.

2 Likes

That led floodlight looks like one I’m watching on eBay at the moment for my veg runs. I’ll be interested to see what you think about it, and seeing how it goes growing with you.

2 Likes

I only got the floodlight to do a friend a favor because he got paid with some voucher that is only valid in a few shops and he didn’t need anything, so I gave him the money and he ordered it for me with the money on the voucher.

If you have the space for it Fluence lights might be interesting. Supposed to be cutting edge or something. They’re getting so much demand they’re backed up for two months:

1 Like

Very short internodal distance, and a bunch of branching going on. Happy days.

5 Likes

Some more signs of nute burn on the biggest leaves, few small brown spots on some tips and sides and a claw here and there, only two leaves or so, some more yellowing of the oldest leaves. New growth seems fine but a touch dark green. Soil NPK is 15-10-12 (+2 ). Bag says something about extra magnesium so I assume that’s the +2.
So she’s a bit too hot and bothered right now.
Nothing but water from now on, and a flush maybe.
Ph is 6,4 so pretty damn perfect. I guess too perfect.

And some nice white hair covering the malted barley, sure as hell stimulates the fungi!

Running a 4/20 light schedule, lol. Maybe I should give her two extra hours of rest. Lack of sleep makes for weaker immunesystem…
My logic was, well, if you live up north in summer the nights are only a couple of hours long and it’s never really completely dark so why not…
BEEP
“Your logic is flawed, please try again, do not pass start.”

Onwards!

“Look onto Zion though it can’t be seen.”

2 Likes

This is true here in Ak though as much daylight we have…19 hrs 20 min now - the intensity is lacking which keeps the soil cooler and warm/hot weather plants stunted/slower than normal without a greenhouse so its not all its made out to be though cool weather plants love it with some record winners all documented at the end of August for our state fair :wink:

3 Likes

The day after Summer Solstice, June 22, beautiful numbers, the moon is in fertile Pisces, feels like a perfect day for sowing, dropped some cucumber, zuchini, sunflowers and a Blackberry Auto to go into the cabinet.

Soil mix:

1 cup of malted barley
1 small cup of basalt
1 small cup of alfalfa
1 cup of kelp
2 cups of vermicompost
3-4 cups of regular potting soil

Prepared a simple tea with vermicompost, kelp and malted barley, ground in an old blender I almost forgot I had, works like a charm. Blended the barley dry, no need to clean it then, bahah.

Blasting some epic classical to encourage vigor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8MBPUGablw

Keep it groovy one and all.

2 Likes

hey friend do you mind sharing how much you invested in your cab?? i really want to build a micro cab for flowering males and harvesting pollen but i don’t want to spend much at all … i admire your creativity and ingenuity!!

2 Likes

73 euro for the fans and filter, 40 euro for the LED, but in hindsight I’d probably get a better light, or several LED bulbs with different PAR values, it’s a random one I got without thinking. The cab I got for free, just have a look in your local thrift store.

2 Likes

Everything I sowed dried out and got overtaken by mold, so I chucked it all on my plant bed outside. Malted barley was a bad idea, it formed a crust over the top and even though I misted a lot the water didn’t get through to the seeds. Saved the Blackberry seed, it looked exactly the same as when I put it in. Sprouting in nothing but regular potting soil from now on. Bummer, but without bums we’d look unsightly, and I learned something. To be continued when the time is right.

1 Like

But my ladies are doing great!

Cvetka (Dark Devil) is growing with vigor, loving the big leaves!
Etana (Speed Devil #2) next to her is unfolding some bigger leaves but the pistils are taking it very easy.

Eva (Speed Devil #2), took some leaves the other day, didn’t bother her one bit.

The white powder is malted barley from earlier, no worries.

7 Likes

Did some violence. THOU SHALL NOT STRETCH.

5 Likes