Beebud's country living journal

I’m so psyched to see you growing those out, she look beautiful! Definitely a good candidate for some training up a stalk or trunk, the Vortex moms were all extremely viney/creeper structured, the dad that pollinated everyone was extremely tall and columnar. The Big Don mom is definitely a bit lanky and leggy but much more of a usable growth pattern. My hope with this particular genetic combination was to use the pheno of Big Don I had kept, with great big chunky foxtails that told me it was likely expressing the Romulan, and stimulate that in the Vortex. Everyone says Vortex is an absolutely terrible plant to grow, and my experience wasn’t disproving it, I literally coiled them around stuff, but the kif from the seed plants has a great up, slightly weird and trippy effect, so I can see where the love for it comes from too. Romulan is such a legendary outdoor Northern latitudes plant that I figured maybe that reinforcement might make it a lot more productive and hardy, alongside the GG4 RIL genetics from Tonygreen. I’m biased a bit by hope because I still have hundreds of these seeds, but I hope they are dank as possible!

Here’s the genetics for those reading along with this grow:

Mother-
Big Don from Tonygreen’s Tortured Beans

Father:
Vortex from Subcool/TGA/The Dank sourced from Badger

Apollo 13 by Brothers Grimm (Genius x P.75)
X
Space Queen (Cinderella 99 x Romulan) by BCGA

Since Vortex reinforces the Princess/Genius side of Space Queen, I thought it might give good balance to put some more Romulan back into it.

4 Likes