Best Canadian government weed?

Any recommendations for lower budget buds before I go too ? Around the same lines as I.C.C by holy mountain(best 20 dollar hq) I’ve spent lol

Night and day. Really don’t know what to tell you.

I hope one day you will hold a jar of some real gas which will give you some insight to what I’m speaking on.

I’m not trying to be a snob, but I honestly cannot smoke legal any more and have given up trying. I’ve smoked enough to make this decision confidently. Legal market is broken and quality has never matched what I’m used to.

1 Like

Rainbow Driver is Sundae Driver x ZKittles

1 Like

Anything by Fraser Valley.

Their Mac-1, Top Crop Indica and Donny Burger are regular go to’s.

You’re here basically shitting on his thread saying everything in the legal market is crap.

It isn’t ALL crap as much as I’ll admit it MOSTLY IS.

The stuff that everyone sells, the “Tropic Thunder” from Shred and ANYTHING General Admission with the fake kief and crap on the outside of the joint is pure garbage and unfortunately it makes up 90% of the market.

I grow good weed, I won’t say great because I’ve seen people here that put my knowledge and experience to shame, but there are many who’ve smoked my stuff who would toss that great word around.

There are brands out there that knock it out of the park and produce stuff I’d be proud to have grown.

@Flower.agedee is looking for THAT stuff, not the stuff you weren’t impressed with (although a list of products and producers to avoid would be helpful too…)

I work in the industry and try 4-6 products that are new to me a week.

6 Likes

Yes correct.

To each their own. In the time that I gave legal
A chance I smoked dozens of LP’s - and maybe 100 strains.

7 acres was one of the ones which stick out as reasonable quality. However it shades in comparison to what I’m used to. Also tried some of the known ‘small batch craft’ (they arnt small batch or craft) such as Broken Coast and the bag appeal was there but the product still lacked.

Then there is the issue with tainted bud. The chemicals used in commercial production are known to cause harm, with side effects like dizziness and nausea - if you’re in the industry than you are already aware of the excessive use of Eagle 20. Which many LP’s are happy to use in flower… or any other quick fix to meet the ‘cleanliness’ standard the Canadian government set .

I think once you condition yourself to a standard it’s tough to look back.

I’d encourage you to connect with a craft grower who has honed their skills in growing and curing true clean cannabis with mouth coat flavours and thick resins. You will not be able to find this on the legal market.

I worked at black market dispensary for 5 years. I for one, know the difference. You’d be suprised of some of the finds I get with local lps here

2 Likes

7 Acres isn’t impressive at all.

Haven’t had anything from them I’d buy again either.

I quoted organic growers that don’t irradiate for the most part.

1964, Simply Bare and CARMEL are also three more that also hang dry whole plant and cold cure.

2 Likes

My grey market weed days are over. My own or legal.

Know someone that almost failed a tox screen due to grey market cbd edibles testing positive for fentanyl and cocaine.

1 Like

Needed to give something positive to the thread - from
what I remember they are the only ones which sometimes put out buds which slightly stuck to your fingers. Also didn’t feel the strange effects I had regularity experienced with
Rec weed.

I don’t really support legal weed but I have some friends bring some over occasionally.

Most of the stuff I’ve tried wasn’t good and the few that were the price was ridiculous. Had a few things from blk mkt that I liked but 160 a half oz is insanity. I like the heavy glass jars they come in though.

1 Like

Gave these guys a shot today, did not disappoint

4 Likes

" called themselves organi-something (I forget)"

Organigram

Mrs Foreigner really likes the legal vape pens but I find them quite disgusting.

I think that’s because it’s all distalite with terps added back in.

2 Likes

Yes that’s exactly what it is. If they made one without added terps I’d probably like them.

1 Like

I always wondered how every single strain was available as a vape. All the terp profile tests tell them exactly what to add back in. I’ve been really naive about purity and stuff like that in the industry

2 Likes

It’s really gross. I must he allergic because that’s the reaction it gives me.

I just bought 2 more govt hashes and they are not good either. One is tremblant. The other I don’t recall but the copy was “aged for a year.”

2 Likes

The more I learn the more I find myself shaking my head. Only thing that will keep flower more in line with natural is small producers.
They apparently are spraying those terps on remediated flower for better taste. Always with the saying no one can taste/tell the difference

2 Likes

It’s mostly a non issue for me except for when I run out of hash.

But I don’t think I’ve ever ordered buds from them.

I’ve gotten some from the reserve that was adequate.

1 Like