Best Canadian government weed?

Just curious of some of your guys suggestion on flower from the government shops? Trust me I don’t go often but once in while I like to see what they’re up to.

The only bud that I really enjoyed smoking from them so far here in Ontario was the turple from triable and grape escape from homeage.

Let’s hear some of your guys favourites !

5 Likes

I’ve tried a few of the hashes and have been underwhelmed.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried any of the hashes yet

@Yetigrows is the one I suggest asking. :v:

2 Likes

My buddy really likes the gmo from spinach. It’s pretty nice

2 Likes

These pot lucks are great lill vapes that pack a hella punch.
But only in Ontario I believe. A buddy brought them with him on a visit.

The GMO from Spinach is good n cheap. 110 an Oz.
Im off the tweed band wagon. Last bunch have been chit.
My new fav is rainbow driver… Wow!

1 Like

I work in a legal dispo and have many recommendations.

Sweetgrass - Mint chocolate chip
Valhalla - Rainbow Lava
Ministry of Sativa - Durban Diesel

Fraser Valley Mac-1 oz

7 Likes

Ghost Drops……
Khalifa Mints
First Class Funk
Wedding Cake
GMO

4 Likes

Was going to say that I haven’t tried anything in last couple of years but the san Rapheal pink kush used to be good. My friend had some recently and said it was bone dry when he got it though. Man, I need a cut of pink for myself.

1 Like

I will also say that ANYTHING from Spinach in the 3.5g or 7g plastic jars is most likely GARBAGE. The jars let the weed dry out to the point where it sounds as if it’s full of tiny pebbles and would work better as a maraca.

Their large format (ounce) products are in the usual multi layer bag and can be anywhere from decent to surprisingly good (GMO, Wedding Cake and Cocoa Bomba especially)

3 Likes

From Woody Nelson. Nice product but a tad pricey.

1 Like

There’s a lot to try and I take work home with me all the time…plus I like hash.

So, my reviews of a few of the many available:

Vortex and Tremblant are middle of the road. Not memorable in either a great or awful way. Both are halfway decent.

Nugz (Tribal) makes several strain specific hashes. They’re all quite good, easily better than the ones listed above. Their Cuban Linx sativa is excellent flower (under the Tribal banner) and makes really good hash. Their hybrid Slerple hash is IMO even better (Slapz x Terple).

If you want a really good oldskool indica hash, there is only one IMO.

1964 Organic Lebanese Hash, a few bucks more but worth a try.

4 Likes

Don’t think I’ve tried that one. Maybe worth a look.

I feel silly even buying legit but sometimes I run out of hash between runs.

1 Like

Ya, a hundy a half Oz bs.
What strain in OG land would you compare the RD to?
Would love to grow something similar and can’t find much on the stain.

What’s this mean?

Ever hear of Eagle 20? Yeah that’s just the surface of what’s wrong with corporate weed. I have yet to find any government weed that is clean. Sticky bud? Never, everything is nuked or ‘irradiated’. I worked at a government dispo in Canada for a very little stint - and in that time of smoking the garbage they pass off as ‘cannabis’ I could not find anything that met my standards. Also I had more than one occasion I felt almost sick. Got aome sort of chemical hangover, and one so toxic had me feeling drunk.

There was a LP that started out ok, called themselves organi-something (I forget) and they were later bought out by one of the larger LP’s to carry the name but ditch the practise of growing organic.

My word to the weary is steer clear, you will not find better than most home grow on the legal rec market.

1 Like

I read the original post wrong haha

Thought.they were asking for grey market varietys

1 Like

Iunno where you’ve tried your legal bud at but I’ve had plenty of weed that’s just as good as home grown from the dispensaries lol

1 Like

Gonna try the sweet grass today

1 Like

That’s my go to recommendation when anyone asks for the best in the house.