Best LED for SOG?

Yeah trying to find the best led option for me has been a struggle. I plan to grow a more sog style to search through as many beans as possible. Theres wide angle and blah bla blah. So much to take in lol. Any tips?

Basically im looking for an led that is more geared towards spread out light. Help me out boys im drowning in led information over here :joy:.

5 Likes

Check out the Migro Aray.

I have one and it presents some challenges for my style of growing but for unicropping SOG I think it’s about perfect.

8 Likes

I’d say a bar style is probably best for sog

10 Likes

Damn that was quick. Im looking into both of those now.

Ive been watching the migro grow guy on YouTube a bit the last week.

4 Likes

I agree with that!
The ‘light bar’ style gives a very even light distribution.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

What size space are you looking to fill? I just started again with a 200w UFO, probably not what you need but it does the job well for me. It allows me to forget about the light and spend more time worrying wtf is going on with the pH in my coco.

1 Like

Size and shape of the grow space will determine which light / style is best

1 Like

This looks perfect and I love how upfront and honest this guy is.

Im gonna look into some other bar options. Any must check outs? Maybe I can find something a bit cheaper with pretty similar performance.

3 Likes

This is exactly the one I have.

You can find something good for cheaper too.

But I can tell you that this one does exactly what it says it will do. I checked.

5 Likes

Well im planning to build my own tent. So really im finding the best bang for my buck light(s) and building around that.

1 Like

Oh yeah I totally believe that. He puts his own lights up against other brands with tested proof regardless if it helps or hurts him. Solid dude.

2 Likes

The only bad thing I can say about it after using it is that with my old light if I had a plant that was a little too tall I could just shove it in the corner where ppfd was lower. With the Migro there is no such place :+1:

2 Likes

Mainly guys the thing that has me tripped up is wide angle leds. They would be ideal I believe. But its hard to find a “grow light” that is using them.

Have same light , cover a 2x4 area 100 % with all the par you can use

1 Like

This thing has the same wattage as the migro for 1/3 the price. This is why I get so confused and frustrated. Are they misleading me? Are the leds shit or something? I understand they dont have the crazy uv and ir leds but… 1/3 the price? God help me :expressionless::joy:.

They even have some with the red leds I guess. These are so cheap I might just try it out whatever.

2 Likes

2 viparspectra xs1500 pro in a 2x4 produces wall to wall ppfd. Amazone has em for a cool Benjamin each

6 Likes

The monios you linked is 144W vs migro’s 250w. If you’re thinking of going the migro route swap to the KingBrite 240W for $174 shipped or a 320W for $235 shipped. They use a better diode and they’re cheaper.

1 Like

You are the absolute man. As far as I can tell these are the closest thing to what im looking for.

Im sure those numbers are vastly inflated but its designed for what I specifically have in mind.

2 Likes

If your in Europe I can wholeheartedly recommend Sanlight, Austrian company.
The build quality is tank like, excellent customer service and BT dimmer etc available.
And great / even spread thanks to the lenses :wink:
Which also protect the Led and make cleaning real easy…

I linked the wrong option.

Its 252w total for $79.

What im trying to figure out is whether all “watts” are the same or not. Because for 1/3 the price im extremely confused.

At the same time I feel companies jack up the prices on things marketed towards the weed community.

These look interesting from them also

I think im just gonna pull the trigger on that viper system this weekend. If anyone has any similar suggestions to that feel free to guide me. I appreciate everyones help thank you :sunglasses::pray:.

1 Like