Best PM resistant plants for outdoor in the south?

Could look into sulfur foliar applications

2 Likes

The active ingredient in Mosquito Bits is bacillus thuringiensis israelensis. I use this indoors. Watering through the soil will prevent fungus gnat larvae from growing, and its harmless to worms. Aswell as people and pets.

4 Likes

Going to read up on it now soda. Can you foliar sulfur late into flowering? Weeks 6-8 it seemed like everyone I knew was getting them really late into flower. I would wake up real early to scout and kill em but didn’t want to spray anything that late in the grow.

Potassium bicarbonate will kill powdery mildew instantly. 3% strength hydrogen peroxide, 1 part peroxide to I think 8 or 9 parts water sprayed on the soil will help prevent powdery mildew taking hold in the soil. A little researching will give you all the information you will need for the mixing ratios.

3 Likes

Thanks Semo never heard of that, reading up on it now.

I know that this is not concerning your PM question. But I thought that you might be interested.

4 Likes

Yea I just started using a BT Israelensis product called Microbe-Lift, but it’s the same as Monterey or Gnatrol or all the others, it decimated my fungus gnats but the worms don’t care at all.

2 Likes

Actually cuz, it doestake care of PM/mold, just not as well as the Hypochlorous acid.
https://overgrow.com/t/hypochlorous-acid-a-deep-dive/84362/87

3 Likes

Good to hear. Even though I’ve already read the write up twice, lol. My memory never fails to amaze me.

I’m going to put this in rotation my next outdoor run thanks for dropping the link. I was planning on using another mix only problem is they don’t sell everclear in my state.

Homemade Green Cleaner (courtesy of open salts wiki)
1 gallon of RO water,
30 ml cold pressed neem oil,
30 ml Sal Suds and
36 ml 70% isopropyl alcohol.

3 Likes

Shucks nah I wouldn’t use sulfur deep into flower it could definitely affect the flavor and smokeability

2 Likes

You can buy even better on Amazon cuz. Everclear is what I used on the MTA recipe I dropped the other day It took the place of 100% Ethanol

3 Likes

The PM Fairy :fairy:‍♀……… I hear the beat of his heathen wings off in the distance lurking in the shadows

2 Likes

awesome man thanks for sharing that recipe johnny

1 Like

No offense to the recipe or it’s maker cuz. but, the Hypo acid works best and costs less! Easy to make a generator so you can produce an endless supply of cheap Molds & mildews killer! I was born raised in the SouthEast, grew there the biggest part of my life. I only wish I had this when I was outdoor growing circa 70s & 80s (moved to indoor growing in winter 1984)

4 Likes

Meh, I still got 5+ gallons of the same everclear in a case stored for tincture/oil. No reason to buy more I suppose. Thanks though! Gonna check it out anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Make the generator, and it’s pennies per treatment. Also, it’ll work much better!
But hey, do as you want cuz lol Already having that much Everclear on hand, it’d def save money to use it up first! lol

I deal with PM every year because I literally have to grow in a swamp, so out back, it’s fairly close to the weather you have down south. One of the 12 strains I grew last year was Pistachio from the Humboldt Seed Company. Out of all 12 strains, it was the most PM resistant. I only had 2 little spots on a 13ft plant over the course of the season, and the smoke that it produced was exceptional, everyone wants it because it tastes like old school Columbian or Acapulco Gold when it gets resined up. Everyone who I gave clones to, had very good success with it also, it was the most PM resistant in their grows also. The last time I checked, Chitown seeds had it for $80 for a 10 pk of feminized.
The worst strains were from Mosca, they were PM magnets, will never try anything from them out back ever again. Blue Iguana indoors would probably be very good, but outdoors, PM just ran rampant on it.

2 Likes

That’s what I worry about. @Oldtimerunderground has outdoor stuff. I wish you much luck.
I’ll try and use a cold pressed neem oil. You definitely got to put dawn dishwashing liquid. Don’t care for the alcohol. Critter spray works pretty good. Dr. Earth has finally stop that works great. Most sativa’s do pretty well outside. If that doesn’t work I use the hard core stuff. Old urine works. Let it sour in some bottles. It will help keep animals away. Mosquitoes don’t like the ammonia smell. If you can use landscaping trim. Put it around your plants. Some bugs will not climb over that. Even an Old garden hose.

2 Likes

The farther north the genetics are bred generally the better the resistance in my experience.
Copper rings work well for some critters dont know which dont.

I have no idea whats true and whats not true in terms of what actually helps but preventative methods such as milk, silica and potassium among other things strengthen the plant.
Hydrogen peroxide spray kills it off and can be used throughout flower from my understanding.

Most important in my opinion is not the killing it off but making a strong healthy plant so the plant can resist it and also spacing so they can breathe.

2 Likes