BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 2)

:scream:

Shit, that’s a fucking nightmare growmie :sob: .

I’d cut out everything affected and hose the plant with a fungicide if it wasn’t too far into flowering.
No matter what I’d quarantine the fuck outa that.

2 Likes

Yup. Done did.
She is almost eight weeks into flower. I do have some fungicide to use and those buds are not getting hard yet. Think I will cut off what I can find an spray that on the rest of the plant. I think she will be ok. She was in with my ISS and my GSN tho. Hope those were not affected. It has been really humid with all the rain we have been getting. I kinda figgered it would not be good.

On the good note, outside Zamadelica is stunningly beautiful at about 7 feet tall.

3 Likes

And here she is.

ISS outside

Frankenstein

Skywalker

31 Likes

Dang man! I’m sorry to hear about the challenges you’re having with pests and mold. It looks like you’ve alteady started amputating parts showing signs of rot. That’s what I would do, amputate anything shoeing signs of it.

When I run indoor, which is rare. I stay on thr warm/dry side of the VPD chart during flower with lots of airflow. I try to keep RH below 50% and temp during lights on close to 80F. When I first started growing, I had a couple of experiences of PM and rot. After that, I found that keeping lower humidity helped to avoid those issues. I also include Southern Ag GFF in my weekly pest maintenance sprays from early veg until about 2nd week of 12/12 when bud formation starts to happen.

2 Likes

Here’s what I’m looking at.

Makes me sick. Look at the size!!!

The bad side

14 Likes

I just had some bud rot issues due to lack of air flow above canopy at the start of week 8.

I took the effect cola and inspected the rest of the plants in the tent. I defoliated like a mad man.

Added a fan for upper canopy air movement and put a small dehumidifier in the room (other side tent) for extra humidity relief. So far so good after a couple days.

3 Likes

Sorry to see that Mike…what a drag.

1 Like

That’s a bit of a gut punch, sorry Mike.

ezgif.com-optimize(49)

Hugs @BigMike55.

1 Like

Mike, I’m a little surprised you didn’t address your fungus issue with hypochlorous acid.
Best bacteriacide/fungicide there is and you can apply at anytime in flower without affecting your buds or trichomes…maybe next time (hope there’s not a next time !!)

9 Likes

Dang, I totally spaced out on that stuff. I don’t use/need it (so far) so don’t have it around.

1 Like

I hope you are able to get things straightened out brother. I’m really fighting humidity right now myself. The room I pull my air from is too large for my dehumidifier to make an impact and when I tried putting it right in the greenroom I get spikes in humidity and heat. It’s like a catch 22.

2 Likes

I have never heard of it. Can you elaborate a little. Like what it is and where to get it. Would you not have to trim out all the rotten shit anyways?

2 Likes

I have been trying to keep as much electric stuff OUT of the tent as I can. Motors create heat. I figger with the lights there’s already plenty of heat in there.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I put my dehumidifier in the lung room. But that room is too large for the thing to make much of a difference. My next thing to try will be rerouting my intake from the living room to my storage room on the other side. It’s about half the size of my living room but the storage room has been collecting dust for years. I’ll have to change my filters every few days until I can thoroughly clean it out. That’s been needing done anyway but I hardly ever set foot in there. Whatever it takes though.

4 Likes

This is the combo I want eventually for my garden(s):

5 Likes

Mike, Bud rot (Botrytis) is a insidious disease and once you get it there’s not much you can do…
Our cannabis bud structure is so tight. Hypochlorous acid is very efficient on Powdery mildew, Alternaria, Septoria. It’s greatest benefit is in use as a preventative…
I think if you search hypochlorous acid with the magnifying glass you’ll find the complete thread…there were many contributors.

8 Likes

Here Mike…

4 Likes

Did that happen outdoors?

I once screwed and duct taped an appropriately sized hvac metal vent to the out-vent of a 70 pint dehumidifier. Downsize coupled that to flex exhaust tubing, and thus vented the hot exhaust from dehumidifier out of the room. (Required that I cut a 6” hole in the drywall, but hey, a drywall hole is fixable)

3 Likes