BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 3)

Use a variable speed drill. You want to be able to use the speed of the drill to be able to pull the plant matter from the bottom to the top and yet not so strong that you are spilling water everywhere.Use the drill for about 15 minutes and let it sit and then go back and do it again for another 15 minutes and then just let it all sit. Pull the bags and remove the hash from each bag and place on the small screens they supply and let dry.

4 Likes

Ok thank you sensei that explains it perfectly!!

Never used a drill motor for hash making. So i dont know.
The machine??? I do not use the SPIN cycle only the wash. It drains well with spinning.
When the wash cycle is finished i squeeze out the working bag, by hand, and save it for another run. You WILL get more. I think folks do about three runs for each work bag full. Then use the attached hose to dump everthing into you bag lined five gallon buckets.

2 Likes

You will need a table or counter to put the machine on and let gravity empty into a buucket on the floor.

2 Likes

Ok cool man… i think i understand it better… so the work bag is the only 1 in the washer… right? Then whats left gets drained into the other 3 bags?

I have the 4 bag kit… i assume you end with the smallest micron bag last?

There is little difference in the quality of the hashish that is produced between the two methods. The biggest difference is the yield. The bags will produce at least double what the machine does.
And yes I am wasteful I only do one run and toss it as I am too lazy to run it again. But I have so much already I could care less……

3 Likes

Holy shit that’s a considerable difference!! I assume the drill gets it more thoroughly?

I cipped these off my OD Chunky junky after they had started to flower. They are now revegged and making new plants.

10 Likes

Ive seen your stash… and its incredible!

Yes the drill will knock more trichomes off. The order of your bags on the four bag set is as follows: purple, yellow, red, blue.

1 Like

Why did you wait until they were in flower to take clones?

1 Like

Not trying to rain on this whole process, lol but… there’s more than one way to get to where ya wanna be. I bought the washer and gave it a try, which is why I gave it away to brother OJ! I’ve made hash for literally decades, starting with the older method of dry shaking through silk screen onto big mirror. Working up through bubble hash (for many years, our preferred method) then also this washer. But still to this day, I’ve found the easiest, best, most productive method ever, to be the Dry Ice method! Period

4 Likes

Oh yeah ill be doing both jp… the texture of the dry ice is more of a granulated powder almost… the bubblehash is like a thick brick…

Different needs for each etc… i want both!

2 Likes

I agree that the dry ice method produces a larger yield. But for whatever reason I prefer smoking the bubble better. It has a richer hashish taste to me.
To each their own though, it’s a matter of preference after some point.

3 Likes

I think I’ll like each for similar reasons… can use each in different settings etc…

1 Like

Tbh, I find the old-school method of dry shaking through silk screen tastes the best of true hash. Talking stuff like Morrocan from the 60’s, lol Bubble hash gives you a lot more, also the different grades. I have an extremely well used (20+ yrs) set of bags lolBut, I now just turn all our hash production into rosin! lol
Which is just sooo much better! At least for us, since a little sip will do ya!

4 Likes

Because im an idiot.

4 Likes

Im an idiot too. My dream team of flower clones.

11 Likes

Great pull…well done!!! Thanks for sharing your hard work

2 Likes

I like monster cropping clones, and I wouldn’t consider myself an idiot :sunglasses:

2 Likes