Black Pearl by Mr. natural

4 Likes

Didnt see any grow logs of it or grows.

1 Like

Thanks, I like that it’s already a fast finishing Sativa leaner, is in purple/blue family with a decent THC level, and It’s not a well known strain (over worked). I have around 20 original beans to work and 30 AK x BP, SK1 x BP had low germ but I have a male and female to repopulate it with cuts and seeds. The other line I will work is the Brutal Paw, waiting for tasters on all of the above to see what direction to go. Think I will be painting some lowers with a bangi haze pollen. Also will be throwing some pineapple Thai at them along with my Purple Thai clones.

4 Likes

Yeah its definately not worked. Couldnt find much. Everyone chases these hyped up names n meanwhile layed back like a cadillac blowing on black pearls laughing at em. Ive come accross a couple strains noone hypes up yet are better than all that they do hype up. Ppl usually spend $ on known names hyped names. Flower and seed. And in some cases theyre missing out

2 Likes

I’m with you brother, I think they were gifted to keep a line going. I have tried reaching him with questions and no go for nearly 2 months, and I know he was on hold for surgery with the virus stuff. Hoping he is well. I promised none would be sold only traded or gifted. I feel I owe it to him to at least investigate it as a running mate to my Unicorn, Monkey Paw. Have 2 M and a fem to start working the deep chunk version back to a more Sativa version and chase that 80’ s lost gem .

Here’s a few farm seeds circa mid 70’s I have going, gonna be playing “name that strain” with them soon. Also a few Triple Durban test run for Lefthand seeds and a single Vietnam Black for the gene pool…

10 Likes

You have been ‘entrusted’, like the quote in the Montreal Habs change room:
“To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high”.

You got a mission and the only thing you can do now ‘Forrest’, is run with it!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

true, very true, and quite funny!

Regards,

3 Likes

nice looking plants, wish they were in my garden!

regards,

2 Likes

I LIKE that, “…laid back like a Cadillac…”! That’s GREAT!

2 Likes

Can send some AK x BP to try out , I have bunch of those. Will be seeds of all of them, Purple Pineapple Thai, PR x Bangi haze, black Pearl x Bangi Haze…

3 Likes

thank you very much, and yes, I would appreciate it very much.

1 Like

Hit me with an addy PM and I’ll get some beans out to you next week @mike28086.

3 Likes

I had a cut of Black Pearl, with the supposed 4 way (Blue Dream x Mr Nice x Blue Mystic x Nevilles Haze) lineage, that I worked with in Humboldt in 2013. The nose was almost exactly like Dutch Treat. It had extremely easy to trim buds that were completely purple with leaves that stayed green and was done flowering in under 60 days indoors.

It is one of the cuts I regret losing the most:

:

7 Likes

Here’s mine at about 3-4 weeks flower, look familiar, dark green sugar leaf with purple veins. Leaning heavy Sativa with sharp spear leafs. Fast grower stacking round buds up the string.
Great looking plants, I hope this one finishes like that, both the x’s I have are showing exact same buds even with fish and Skunk1 fathers.

5 Likes

Ok for any of the guys I traded the AK x BP with, here is what the look like 3 weeks in flower and here is the mother (BP fem) a week farther along. Just to show the contrast.

4 Likes

very nice set up, shot, and shoot as well…
looks real good!

regards,

1 Like

the top two (2) images look to be covered in long, stringy, grated cheddar cheese. plants seem to really like what you’re doing! what type of lights are you using, If I might ask?

regards,

1 Like

That’s the 80% Sativa Mother, large marble size round buds spiraling 3’ up the two apical stalks Like spears to a conical kola. Both crosses with Skunk #1 and Afghani kush purple are showing stable traits even and wide V lateral branching, half the stretch of MOM so far. Buds on crosses are much chunkier. Starting to look forward to working this line with my purples. I can’t wait to taste the Black Pearl , it is supposed to be reminiscent of Dutch Treat with a Sativa edge, happy and giggly…who don’t like that?

5 Likes

Running two 1250 digital ballast Hortilux + with cool tubes and hoods in 6x8x9H space. Raised beds vertical fan underneath in the middle change air 4 times a day… try to keep lights out under 70 degrees for the purples.
Just started running live soil mix, 1-part organic vegetable food until three weeks in flower then cold press kelp and fish emulsion and potassium and phosphorous boost ramping up until chop.
Running all plants with single topping and no training other than super cropping main stem from first real leaf and light distance.
I Want to watch them grow this time around not just pump them out like hogs to slaughter. But I still push plants hard. And have 20 strains of regs in soil any given moment to feed the monthly harvest (4-6 plants) perpetual jungle.
Here’s the other debauchery I’m up too:

2 Likes

Marvelous!! Do you know any way to get a hand on some beans??! i used to reliably get Black Pearl from a grey market delivery service here in San Diego CA but they got rolled and I’ve been quite sad to not find it anywhere else! Cheers :call_me_hand:t3::dash: