Black Rose by Heath Robinson

Hey erribahdi. Back in 2009/2010 we had received some Black Rose (f14?) with some beautiful maroons, lavenders, mauves, and royal purples in the genes. Ended up having the collection raided and most of the genetics were lost, including the Black Rose.
Anyone know of a place to find em nowadays?

4 Likes

i couldnt find nything. just a thing from seedfinder. it says its still being worked but who knows. i found some crosses but none of the black rose. i wish you luck. and if you find some lemme know. it sounds like a lot of fun

4 Likes

I wouldn’t have called it legendary, but to each their own. Lmao. Its only worthwhile trait was the colors. Although the pure green pheno wasn’t bad smoke at all, the colorful buds were all tasteless, and low potency.

5 Likes

Omg!!! I will pay good money for anything from heath!!!

3 Likes

I found someone working with Black Rose.

1 Like

Ooh, intriguing. Is it you, ShamanBing? Are you working with Black Rose? Lol

2 Likes

Not Black Rose, yet. But I’ve found someone who is. And is crossing it to make some interesting strains.

Sugar Black Rose gentlemen!

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/delicious-seeds-sugar-black-rose/prod_425.html

1 Like

Pretty much go hand in hand. I ran Purple Diesel for a while, but Bodhi said is was girly weed to I killed it off. Can’t say I miss any of the purple strains I have run.

Hoping Ace, and Tropical change my mind.

3 Likes

Sugar Black Rose is awesome, but different lineage. Ran it back when single seed centre was my go-to, and ended up with some super dense, golden spear-shaped buds. Was nice.

I’ve heard it said that the production of anthocyanins requires a lot of energy that could have been put towards Cannabinoids, terpenes, things like that. Could explain the correlation if that is the case

1 Like

I know nothing about tropical, other than what i have heard. They are great, that’s all. But for my experience, ACE Golden Tiger have been the most vigorous and healthy plants i have come to encounter in my 6 months growing… LOL

I germinate a lot of seeds and keep only the most excellent ones, but my experience limits my judgement, most of the time. Anyway, I have germed a lot of seeds in the last few months, and ACE really impressed me.

2 Likes

I’ve got come Ciskei from Tropical running as we speak. I would be running some Ace, but I went straight to them and it took 28 days for my order to get there, and I am 14 days in to shipping to get the order back.

@Worcestershire_Farms are you just looking to add some color to something?

Yeah, pretty much. In the way that lowryder doesn’t have a ton to offer besides the autoflower gene, the black rose is just a plethora of purples

2 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms You could try Purple Mayhem by Norstar genetics it is nice and purple and frosty, Also I love the way Peyote Purple(Bubba Kush purple pheno) looks by CBG, Literally the prettiest bud I’ve ever seen, Maybe not the most potent but super frosty. By the way did you get my Pm?

2 Likes

If only they would stock it in reg seeds. :frowning:

From what I understood it was a regular seeds, From what I heard though is that like 90 percent of them end up being females unless something has changed you should be able to find a male if you get a couple packs…

2 Likes

I’ve been talking to Ace for a minute and they have never mentioned that, only that the regs are out of stock and all they have is the fems. Attitude also only lists the fems as in stock as well.

Actually I meant Cannabiogen is who has the Peyote Purple… from their site:
PEYOTE PURPLE
Bank: CannaBioGen
Peyote Delights
Genetics: Bubba Kush Indica
Yield: Medium
Flowering: 8-9 weeks
A delicious and great Indica line from the US with a stimulating effect that can be harvested in 8-9 weeks. Its earthy aromas of incense, and its dense and sweet flavours combined with its large trichome yield make it a high quality variety. It has been selected from a very peculiar magnificent purple scion separated from a Bubba Kush, it is offered in normal seeds of which over 95% come out female.

2 Likes

buckeye purple.
ninja fruit.
if you want purple

2 Likes

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/peyoyepurplestd.html1 As I said it is only offered in regular seed and not feminised but 95% turn out female so because it still had 5% male plants they could not list it as feminised… So Peyote Purple has never been listed as feminised and they are in stock at both Ace and CBG but CBG are the ones that bred it.
As you may know Ace and CBG worked together a lot.