Blending Buds

I like a good mix and match, I make oil with all my old dab pucks, so that itself is rather heavy hitting, Mixed with some buds and every now and then a cheeky roll of bubble down the middle - happy days I say.

Buggery all this talk of Kief, going to have to wrap one now…

Z

3 Likes

I love blending, but if blending for smoking always with purpose. One of my current go to smokes is a blend of 2/3 a heavily haze leaning Xanadu (Band Aid Haze x Bubba) and Mango Smile.

The Xanadu is really clear and cerebral with very little body, and the smoke is really light bodied(texture/mouth feel) as well.

Blending in the Mango Smile bring a little more body to both the smoke and effects.

The flavors pair nicely together too. I’m not sure how to describe the combined flavors other than to say incense, haze, and a little skunky fruity funk.

Another favorite blend was when I picked up some cookies and cream from the dispensary a couple years ago. It was tasty and relaxing, but the effects were really short lived and a little “eh”. Blended with Orange Herijuana (1:1 thc:cbd) tasted like a dreamsicle and improved the intensity and duration significantly.

Definitely take a little trial and error, the wrong combinations can be muddled or lackluster, less interesting or desirable than either would have been individually. Much like cooking, when done right it’s definitely possible to achieve something that comes out more than the sum of its parts.

4 Likes

“Supercharging” a bowl with kief or hash is the essence of Life :slightly_smiling_face: lol! Joints laced with “anything” just tend to burn weird or run for me, but bowls are good. Some gets sucked thru unburned but if you’ve ever seen a supercharged car gun it, you’ll see raw gas spit out the tailpipe :dash::rofl:

5 Likes

Hope everyone has a great day :grin:

20 Likes

Damn bruh, love the hash log in the center :drooling_face:

3 Likes

It was nice :ok_hand:

:thinking: might have to try rolling a piece out and using it as the “paper” :crazy_face:

5 Likes

How does the hash log look so uniform, are there any machines for that or just experience bro??

2 Likes

Just been smoking hash a long time :grin: when it’s nice and soft it can be like playdough.

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing more of those hash papers used lately, seems like a brilliant idea to me. @alwaysnoob hash is great fun to play with as OTUG mentioned. I made a hashman last time I made bubble. You know, like a snowman but made of hash :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: didn’t take any pics unfortunately. I was just baked and fuckin around

3 Likes

Good to know brother…
Next time when you make a hash man place the seeds as his eyes and nose and take a picture for me please :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yea they’re a bit of work, but some parchment paper, a rolling pin, and putting it in the freezer for a minute when it gets sticky really helps. Bonus is no glue needed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Will do man. Won’t be til after this years outdoor run. I was thinking about hashing the trim that I’ve got in the freezer now but I think I’d rather save it for edibles :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I do this all the time
It gives be an idea of what to cross kinda

3 Likes

Love to blend buds in my joints. Usually try to grab a bud or two from each strain, grind them up, blend them, then make a whole bunch of king-sized joints with them. I find it provides a more well-rounded high, at least for me.

2 Likes

I like doing this with hash…mmm stoney :grin:!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Ace Congo and Purple Kush, twisted up in a Backwoods

7 Likes

50/50 mix of lemon shot and purple kush.the lemon is racy, the kush is sleepy, Saint’s on an even keel.

:rofl:

:dove:

2 Likes

I think you’ve got the record for the most herb stuffed into a backwoods @Oldtimerunderground ! Looks warm and inviting somehow…
I like to blend different cultivars when making hash to fine tune flavors and effects. But I find more then 2, 3 at the most, and the results become muddied. Like when you put a shot of everything at the soda fountain into one glass. My kids use to call it swamp water. It was a thing I guess.:grin::v:

4 Likes

Gotdamn, that looks proper. Of all the blunts I smoked in New York over the years, I can still taste one of JJ’s Nigerian Haze, bet that’s just as tasty.

2 Likes

I love blending buds, I roll up that salad at least half of the time. Usually just two kinds, trying to strike a balance in flavor or effect between the ones I’m trying to decide between. But also sometimes when I want one more smoke and I’ve worked my tolerance up all day I mix the heaviest hitters with a little dry sift and smoke a last joint that always puts me right to sleep. Right now that would be Bodhi’s Cherry Unicorn with some Copa Icy Grape, dusted with dry sift of Blackwater x Apollo 11/13 from @SCJedi

4 Likes