How do you smoke your plants?

Not with what device, I start smoking them from the mid buds and us mids to check trichs, good even opaque and they get chopped. I find this way after a two week cure I get my tops at a slight bit of amber and only dry to 60-65 % RU so the cure continues in jar for up too a year without degradation. Even when I bought weed I would ask for the popcorn mids…no stems no seeds, Acapulco Gold is…Bad Ass Weed!!

Also by the time I break into a top it’s a good representation. Of properly cured bud.

19 Likes

Well shit! :laughing:
…and here I was thinking it was just me!

I start with the ‘B’ buds as well. Eventually I switch to the ‘A’ buds and use the :honeybee: buds for tincture.

Cheers
G

15 Likes

I always smoke my best first, that way I’m always smoking my best. :wink:

14 Likes

I smoke a test smoke of non cured, b grade buds get volcanoed, or made into butter. Mids go in the jar for 3 week cure. Highs are savored until all of it is gone. Then I smoke some lengthy cured buds, the best of them.

8 Likes

i sometimes worry that my stuff isnt dry enough when i compare to dispo and other growers in Michigan that i know, but have never had mold ,and Mine is easier on the throat .

I test from the lower buds that get trimmed off anyways

4 Likes

I try to save the giant nugs and take them to parties to look cool. A 10g bud is fun to throw on the table.

Not like I go to parties anymore :frowning:

13 Likes

I stick my 30g buds in my pocket makes my junk look huge.

14 Likes

I save them for the end of that strain, till i run them again or not but actually iI am evolving more and more of what i would of smoked a year ago now goes to some other form hash extract butter and mostly all i have left to smoke is the kolas, because i run perpetual now…

1 Like

I jar mine no lower than 60RU , take it out and throw a eighth on the tray in the morning, perfect at 50 to smoke when I get home. Dispensary’s have to keep it at 10RU so no mold which is stupid. Was at the new one and bought 4 grams of strains I will be running soon to try. Nice looking dense buds with any hint of sugar leaf sanded off by a wet trimmer, along with a bunch of the trichrome bulbs.

Got home and busted a few up, instantly turned to powder by hand. Got 6 pinner joints out of 4 grams. Never again!!!
:metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I like to use a nice mesquite or hickory wood personally! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: Almost exclusively by vape now through the Dynavap!

2 Likes

when i was in Michigan around xmas and new year for funeral i went to Dispo(there name) in bay city, the bud tender picked a couple of his favs and i threw one in all 50 a 1/8th suppose to be top shelf. Same thing crumbled to dust, and all little popcorn buds, no buzz

2 Likes

I like to chop when I got about 30% - 40% amber, stalked capitate trichome glands, hang in the dark at as close to 60/60 as I can get, dry trim all top, and shoulder nugs, and cure in oven bags aiming for 58% - 60% RH. Everything is trimmed over my trim bins to collect any kief that falls. Larf and sugar get turned into whatever. Decent lowers get smoked while waiting for the top shelf to cure for at least two weeks, but I’m always dipping into the bags, because we smoke a lot. After everything is to my liking taste and smoothness wise, or as close as I can get, I vacuum seal everything in eighth and quarter zip quantities. I then store them in a small cardboard box in my basement freezer. I take out an eighth ounce bag at night before bed, so it’s room temp by morning and not super brittle, on weeknights, and quarters on Friday night for Saturday.

Edited for spelling and grammar errors. Sorry.

3 Likes

So, the growers here get more $ by selling the tops black market and the smaller buds white market. Its easier for the dispos to sell 400 single grams than a bunch of halves and ounces, so smaller buds make sense for them anyways.

3 Likes

yeah maybe for them lol, but when your paying a premium price,

1 Like

And thats why it needs to be federally legal it will drop the price out when they can grow it like tobacco or wheat

2 Likes

Drop the price!!!?? last i heard they were only giving 5-600 a lb to the growers. When we were grey market it was 1500-2000. Not even worth it at that especially if you need 3M to get a license for cultivation of 500 plants. I have the security guard at one calling me to get his hands on the Brutal Paw.
6 joints for 65.00 is a joke. If I had to buy our meds from them it would be a couple grand a month easy. The wife gripes about electric but that’s only around 400 a month so I look at that as my cost. I have started drying and reusing soil rain water and other ways to leave a smaller footprint. Nutes (urban Farms) this year cost me a whole 85 dollars and I have a few months left in the gallons. Couple hundred in soil and I’m all good.

7 Likes

They are? I had heard they were getting around 12-1400. Still, dispensary prices are ridiculous. Green vitality in ypsi is the best priced one I have found and its still 30 an eighth out the door for their bottom shelf

Illinois dispo is the worst ($60/eighth)!

2 Likes

I heard in mich there paying more for stuff that can pass the test, but llike i said “I heard”

1 Like

Shit. I haven’t paid that in 16 years!! That eighter better give me a handy too

3 Likes