Bloated stomach after smoking cannabis

Hi. Can you be more specific as to what helped you. I’m having excruciating discomfort from gas and bloating every night and doctors can’t figure out what’s wrong

I’m not sure if I already replied to this but I’m having the exact I mean exact same symptoms!! It’s been going on for 6 months and doctors can not figure out what’s wrong. Can you tell me what has helped you and if you’ve gotten any answers. So looking fwd to your response.

Tracey

1 Like

Sounds exactly like symptoms of what is being called Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. Nobody knows what the reasons are, but maybe try lower potency stuff or safely grown home grow.

3 Likes

I hate to be a downer, but maybe don’t smoke cannabis.

As mentioned - maybe try eating it. It’s one of my preferred methods.

3 Likes

Well, this is interesting. I’ve been dealing with some of the same issues. First, I think this year and all of the lockdown stuff has kept me from getting enough exercise and has made it worse.

I sort of smoke all day, so maybe it’s my problem as well. I normally only do a couple or three tokes at a time. I’ve never associated the problems to smoking but I should be more alert to that possibility. I think the general stress we’ve been under this year is taking a toll as well; covid, crazy president the last 4 years, riot at the capitol, no work, no money, black people being slaughtered daily… I think it’s no coincidence more people are suffering these types of illnesses and I know exercise can only help. I know that from other injuries and chronic issues.

Man, I want to keep an eye on this thread. I do remember a few people last year or before, that were complaining of what sounded like what @lefthandseeds wrote. I remember the only remedy was he had to stop smoking. It was here on or on another forum.

I’m going to pray tonight that it ain’t so! lol… I love smoking terps!

2 Likes

I have the exact same symptoms and I was diagnosed by a Naturopathic that I have SIBO. Which is Small intestinal Bacteria overgrowth. I am not sure what caused it but it could of been smoking and vaping weed for over 30 years on off and on. So I just quit using it for over a year now. I miss it but the bloating, sweating palms and heart racing made it very un-enjoyable so I had to stop.

3 Likes

I read on another forum someone figured out that Neem was causing this for them. If I remember right both oil and meal had the effect. Might be worth investigating as the common coots mix uses neem, and the oil is used a lot as well.

2 Likes

Hi I’ve been having the same problem found any solutions ?

2 Likes

Anyone find out what the cause of this is? I’ve been having this for a couple months now after constantly smoking concentrate from a nectar collector so I guess it takes a lot of lung power and over time it felt like I was swallowing the smoke and causing bad bloating and a tight throat. It happens when smoking weed now but not as severe with concentrates.

3 Likes

There is a very good chance your doing exactly what you think, swallowing too much vapour/gas and getting bloated. Why not? It’s what I do most days. Even though I’m aware of the issue I still forget and end up like a beached whale with my belly extended full of gas. It’s dam painful and can trigger IBS

2 Likes

Try edibles & see if it still happens. Then joints & bubblers. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I wish I had liked this up a while back. Been having same type of symptoms after smoking for more than a year. Any suggestions on what’s worked for you are greatly appreciate. :pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

Hi. The same problem I have been dealing with. I have been smoking 30years . It has got to the point that I’m having to stop. The last time I only had 1 pipe and within minutes my abdomen bloated just below ribs and my stomach cramped up. Then real bad chest pains. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. It was awful. Nearly called ambulance. Been searching Web for answers for ages. Even been to doctors about this he was no help. Then came across your post. Like you I thought it was panic attack. Have no answers . But I won’t let it beat me so now I eat loaded cookies. Good luck. If you work out why. Let me know . Cheers

2 Likes

Belching can be precursor to a seizure. And since sativas can be mind bending maybe they bring you to the cusp of one but not over the edge. I’m no doctor just pointing to a possible link

Wow, 11 out of 41 posts in this thread are 11 new users making their first post. None of which has posted again. How odd :thinking: Not saying there is anything wrong, just that it seems odd.

2 Likes

A normal thing here recently. :thinking: :grimacing:
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

I just found it odd. The thread goes back to 2020, 1/4 of the posts are first time posters and none of them have posted anywhere but their one post here. Just another thing that made me go HMMMM, lol.

1 Like

My ex Jewish girlfriend’s family always had seltzer after a meal to relieve internal pressure. Worked very well. Good luck. Hope you get by this.
BTW: I’ve cut down smoking weed fro every day to every other day to every three days etc. Now I smoke once a week, or every three weeks or a couple of times a week depending on how I’m feeling No problems - so far…

2 Likes

This one is really, really strange. Every time it went cold a “new” person posted. Many 3 months later,

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

One of the links in this thread has received 3400 click-throughs. Another link is at 1400. This is google indexing this page high on the search ranking. I’m not really surprised that a percentage of those are seeking advice by registering an account.

3 Likes