Blowgank420’s first grow

You must of read my mind with the last section because I was gonna ask how long does a gallon per say that’s been premixed last but I will check the fox farm feed schedule online. The place I ordered from never sent me the feed schedule so I went off one that was given to me above which I dbl checked an was correct my ph was 6.43 which I was happy with. So maybe I just gave them to much of it or they didn’t need it yet. The one is doing great an didn’t seem to be bothered by the nutrients at all where as the other 2 still haven’t perked up yet. Should I stay away from regular water right now as well?

5 Likes

Another mistake I made when I repotted them was putting them to low in the pot. I should of left some more stem showing. Instead I buried them to there face an I now have nodes branching basically into the dirt instead of I’m a bit nervous to trim them back hahaha. I know I know.lmao. So from my understanding it was 4-6 weeks an I would be able to tell if it’s male or female. Did I misunderstand? And if I switched to flower now per say would that make the sexing process take even longer? Just wondering

2 Likes

The 4-6 weeks is basically how long it might take for the plant to get to alternating branches, when they should start to show sex.

Usually the people who sell the nutrient products always advise a dosage that is too high. Some growers start at a lower amount 50 -75% of recommended and work up to see what the plant can handle.

They are looking really good atm, the floppy leaves may be just a characteristic of the strain, I had an Afghani hash plant, look exactly like those, that did the same floppy leaf thing, plus they are quite large for the size of the plant. So I would keep it at what you are feeding them at the moment, when they get bigger they may need a little more.

If you switch to flower mode now they wont take longer to show sex, you will know in about a week to 10 days. Once they start to flower they will stretch in height, and develop more branch nodes and budding sites.

You can remove lower branches, they will not produce much hidden down there under all those big leaves. Its hard to see how tall they are, all your pics are from a top down perspective. You could top them and that will make the lower branches develop more. You got plenty of height in the tent you could let them get to 2 ft / 30cm before you would need to think about starting to flower them, unless you are in a real hurry. Bigger plants = bigger roots = more and bigger buds :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been following along and learning a lot. Didn’t you start out with Auto’s? Did you switch to photo’s?

2 Likes

No I have a ton of autos but I I bought 1 pack of blue kush b.o.g reg seeds before I bought the autos an figured that if I was gonna learn I rather learn on plants I might have to trash anyway and if they make it then it’s a plus. Regular seeds aren’t necessarily bad but with the space I have it was kinda stupid for me to have purchased them. 1.) being the size area 2x2.5x7 2.) could of just wasted a lot of soil an electric growing males or hermies. 3.)I should of at least gotten feminized so I didn’t have to worry about sexing. But at the same time i figured I could learn more from regular old seeds then I could from autos an feminized if that makes sense lol.

2 Likes

I have to see how long the water stays good after mixing. And I think next time I might just mix it in a 1 liter bottle or even a half liter or something. At least until they start consuming more water. I hate to have to Throw stuff away.

Thanks i figured they would need to be removed I wasn’t 100% sure. As well as I have a cpl leaves that came in upside down that are buried behind some of those larger leaves I figured they needed to be removed as well. Won’t do much good upside down lol. I really appreciate all the advice I get on here. It’s nice to be able to cruise the thread an pick all the info again when needed.

my next picture will be a little more up close an straight on. I gotta get a small table like one of those tv dinner things my knees are bad hence the pictures from above :joy:

Only hurry I’m in is to see the next stage of the plant. An start some more :joy::joy::joy: An see how gorgeous they will look. I love the way mj looks growing. Such a pretty weed. Yeah I don’t think I’m gonna flip them Until I first know how many are male/ female. If it’s just the 1 fem I will prolly flip it later then if I have 2. This way I get the experience of how the budding stages an stretching works an probably move on to the autos. Not sure maybe I trade these seeds seeds I have left or I’ll just put them in my seed vault for a rainy day.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah you could take those small lower branches off, they will do nothing down there except reduce the airflow at the bottom of the plants. They are just using up valuable growing energy.

Yeah just mix up what you need, I don’t know about bottle or salt based nutrients, so have no idea how long it lasts when mixed with water.

I would let them get to 18 inches at least before flipping, by the time they finish stretching they may double there height, although they seem to be staying short and compact atm so might go an extra 50% you never know for sure until it happens :wink:

2 Likes

so I stopped the nutrients but they still haven’t. Completely recovered not to mention the bottom leaves are starting to yellow a bit. Guessing that’s from the nitrogen toxicity. I’m so bummed right now

5 Likes

There okay don’t panic, you were going to have to take those leaves of anyway it’s just saving you the bother😜 probably because they are not getting much light so it’s cannabalizing them.

1 Like

I wish I could get rid of the optic xl I have. It’s side by side next to the hlg 100w an you can let the pictures do the talking. Lol let’s just say I wish I would of went with 2 hlg

1 Like

4 Likes

So what did you do in the last 48 hours, they have perked right up, the leaves are not so droopy👍

I actually gave them straight ph water 6.47 an overwatered with the hopes it would dilute the heavy nut feed I gave before this last feed an cranked out The intake fan up a few times through out the day as well as let it get a little more heat then I normally would. So today I dumped half the gallon out an added water re adjusted ph an will be dumping the rest out at the end of the week. I haven’t been able to find a definitive answer on how long nuts last after being mixed. But I just assume anything longer then 3 4 weeks is prolly bad so until they are larger I will stick to mixing in 16oz water bottle

3 Likes

Whelp bad news my blue kush plants died on me because I gave them to much nitrogen all the leaves turned yellow an started to shrivel up so I was faced with a difficult choice to either take another 2 or 3 weeks trying to bring them back if they even could of been saved. So disappointed but I can say I learned So much this last grow. Stay tuned I just germinated my Walter white autos. Let’s see if I can get this one right

3 Likes

sorry this actually White stomper from White owl seeds not Walter white. An the other cup is nurple from binary genetics

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that, they were looking good 7 days ago. How much nutrients did you give them :thinking:

2 Likes

I have to get a more precise measuring tool for the nuts. The little droppers I used sucked in a lot of air when I sucked up the nutrients. So not sure. I thought I used 1/3 of the recommended feed like ff schedule said but I also added in cal/mag so I’m not sure if I over did both or just the one? Or if I just did it to soon. Or is it bad to add the cal/mag into the same feed?? The 1 plant on the far left made it but the other 2 just keep on yellowing. So the 1 I gave to a friend that wanted to try an save it an the other 2 I trashed figured the time I’d waste bringing them back wouldn’t be worth it. If they were even able to be saved.

1 Like

I do have a question for you? So after going over my notes I just realized the auto flowers should be started an end in the same pot no transfers correct? So my question is in like 10 days should I move this over to a 2 gallon pot Or 1/2 gallon? I don’t have any 1 gallons at the moment. Also the binary nurple just germinated today so that’s why I’m asking if I should do the solo cup or straight to a large pot

I don’t use bottle nutrients, so I don’t know for sure, with what you are using, but some types require engredients to be added in a certain order, otherwise they can cause what’s called drop out.

This is where parts of the nutrients can just sink to the bottom of the bucket, so the last plant gets it all, and it throws out the balance of the mixture.

1 Like