Blowgank420’s first grow

Typically that’s correct, but it can be done, it may stress the plant. If you’re careful it can be done with minimal stress.

I would go with the 2 gal pots, I start my autos in 5 gal pots. I have started them in peat pucks and then transferred to big pots.

So the one that’s just germinated I would put in the 2 gal pot now👍

When you move the ones in the solo cups, put the cup in the soil in the pot, at the right height, and moisten the souronding soil, then gently push the soil around the cup to firm it up, then pull the cup out so you have a perfect cup shape hole, cut the cup down the sides, so it can be removed easily, then just put the plant and soil in the hole :wink:

1 Like

Ty. I know a lot of that info I asked was answered by you like 150 posts ago :joy:. Sorry for the repetitive questions

1 Like

@Shadey So I took a solo cup, cut the bottom out, and placed into another solo cup. My plan is to just place the solo cup without a bottom straight into my 3.5 gal final pot. My thinking is that this will be less stressful to the plant. Any thoughts? Oh, these are autos.

3 Likes

It may block the sideways root travel doing that for a while until it gets out the bottom of the cup, you could cut the bottom off and then split one side, when you are ready to trans plant, put it in the hole, open it up a bit and then slide the side out. Might be easier going with peat pucks, and as soon as you see a root coming through put it in soil, but if you can germinate in a solo cup you should be able to germinate in the big pot unless your soil in the big pot is to hot for seedlings.

1 Like

They are going into hempy buckets 60% coco/40% perlite. Didn’t plan on the solo cups, but didn’t have everything ready and they had been in wet paper towels long enough.

2 Likes

Yeah, shit happens buddy lol. You gotta do what ya gotta do :wink: and try and make the best of it.

3 Likes

I’ve done that and think @Shadey is right. Doing it again I would cut out the bottom and also the side so it hinges open. Then put that one in another solo cup.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Still wearing it’s safety helmet, you are going to have to test how steady your hands can be, I killed a Dark Sparks seedling Thursday removing the seed pod :cry: I didn’t do it my usual way, just tried using my thumbnails instead of a artists paintbrush.

1 Like

I was just looking at that this morning I was like where are the leaves? Lmao :joy: Wtf I’m too stoned to be messing with it. What do I need to do just peel away the seed casing?

1 Like

I took the outter casing off but I might of ruined it

I spray it with water a couple of times to soften it a bit, then try to flick/lift it off with a stiff artists paint brush, while holding my finger behind the pod to allow a bit of pressure.

Sometimes they look bad when they come off, but usually are okay after a day when the cotelydons start to straighten out.

1 Like

transferee this bad boy today into its permanent home more pics tomorrow

2 Likes

When you transfer these to their final pot, cut the bottom out and slit the side of the solo cup. Dig out the soil mixture from the center of the pot, make sure you removed the bottom from the solo cup, push the soil with the seedling down and lift the cup out. Back fill the soil in the pot around your transplant. Lightly water soil around your seedling. Watch it grow. Also as I mentioned earlier in this post and has been echoed by others, autos prefer light nutes. Whatever nutes you are using, use 25% when nutes are called for. The rest of your grow was going well, until you nuked them. Remember it’s a plant and it will signal when it needs something. Good luck on round 2! :v:

2 Likes

man I’m not sure if this is from stress or if I left it in that seedling starter mix to long. The other plant :seedling: didn’t make it the casing wouldn’t come off an I was a Lil to rough with It. Any how I’m germinating a fresh nurple auto flower an this one I’ll be starting in the 2 gallon hf/of with my blend of perlite. Now this is my first auto flower grow should I be adding cal/mag to every watering as well as ff nuts ? An this time I’m going to got 1/3 the amount is says on the bottle I also got myself so better measuring utensils

3 Likes

Thanks bro I appreciate it an yeah this time I gotta watch the amount of nutrients I mix. I definitely learned a lot I’m really hoping to get a something out of one of these grows idc if it’s half an oz lmao I’d be happy just to see one bud :joy:

1 Like

I bet your next grow will be successful based on what you have learned through the various member support.

2 Likes

What do you guys think? Only those 2 leaves are yellowing the rest looks great should I remove them or just leave it alone?? I know I was lacking nuts but now that I got the feed mixed up properly an got it on an every other feeding will these still have time to turn it around or is it to late?

3 Likes

Those 2 leaves will not get better, if they are getting worse they are still being used for food atm so I would wait a little bit, if you remove them the plant will start cannibalizing the next pair of leaves, which looks like it may already be starting to do.

1 Like