OG community training a noob. 🤣 First real journal

Ok im back and ready to kill a few more seeds.

To start it off I still have the same set up
2.3x2.3x6
hlg 135w rspec or bspec have both
5 gallon fabric pots
Dakine 420 nutrients
but with the addition of the exhaust system, that wasn’t necessary until flower but its waiting, and a change to Fox Farm Happy Frog soil, and a myco/azos sample pack.

Im going to be growing or more so trying to grow some drum roll please :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

OG Seed Run Orange Goji F2 think four of these and hope for girl or two.

Germination process will begin in the morning its late.

Also all help, criticism, hate, love, knowledge, experience is welcome.

Thanks all for the help from my last post hope everyone can see me grow my own this time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

42 Likes

Oh, nice! I’m gonna grab a bag of popcorn and follow along :popcorn:

It’ll be very interesting to see how those do for you :grinning:

16 Likes

I’m excited to follow this one. You made a good decision moving to soil. I like the happy frog, too. I used it a lot for superhot peppers. I liked your last setup of coir/perlite, but that’s not a forgiving or easy growing medium; in fact, if you have any left over, I’d add some of that coir and perlite to the happy frog! It will fluff it up a bit and improve moisture retention and prevent compaction. Happy frog benefits from a tiny bit of extra coir, peat moss, and perlite, thus ocean forest. But, happy frog is good as is.

If there is one thing that helped me as a new gardener (any plant, not just cannabis) it’s spending 30 minutes every day just sitting down and looking very carefully at the plants. We talk about the technical, quantifiable things we can measure, like pH, TDS, NPK ratios, etc, but at the end of the day, the plants will talk to you and tell you what they need. You can see nutrient deficiencies or external stressors before they truly present by looking at very subtle changes in color, leaf disposition, and tissue or vascular damage. Listen to the plants, even if you don’t know what they’re saying in the beginning. I enjoy intuitive gardening much more than the rigid precision I started with.

22 Likes

I totally agree and this it’s a very important skill to have. Look at every leaf, every stem, every stalk, top side and under side.

I call it looking with intention. It will help you if you think you have problems of any kind and are desperate to find the issue. I learned this from my fine detail landscaping days.

It’s easy to look but it’s another thing to see.

All the best.

18 Likes

Very good smoke via 50state Jetdro & Meesh. :smile: IME. Stupid silly sleepy high.

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Nice choice of seeds. You have some fans here. I’ll be watching along. Good luck.

5 Likes

And here we go!! Germ has started !

Thanks all for the support :pray: :raised_hands: :heart:
10/5/20

14 Likes

I have to say $6 for 20 seeds is nice, glad to see that some banks/growers aren’t trying to rape the world for what grows on it.
Thanks for the opportunity to grow these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Just realized your here and have a whole post about you :yum::hugs::flushed:
Thank you!!! @Sebring

7 Likes

Off to a good start!
:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

6 Likes

Looking good!

Going to pull up a chair and watch the progress! :metal::popcorn::blue_heart::us_outlying_islands:

5 Likes

I am a day late, but have a seat to watch.

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

I sent you a message

5 Likes

You’re right Arriba|nullxnull , he deserves all our gratitude and appreciation, but as I have started the same I would like to thank also the breeder who sent them: Howard.Crane beer3|nullxnull . I am a little ahead on you on time, good choice on them and willing to follow, best wishes and good luck … :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Looking good so far. Good luck with your grow. Growing is a great hobby and i hope you reap a great harvest!

5 Likes

So, three little sperms hit the dirt today hope they can fertilize it. Spermy # 4 just didn’t show up for work.

Maybe in a few days and with fertile dirt ill have a few baby’s to show off. Thanks everyone :green_heart:

6 Likes

I didnt know another breeder had sent them, thank you sir @Howard.Crane

5 Likes

Great start , good choice of genetics , I’ll tag along
Happy frog is a great choice not too hot like ocean forest
Paps

5 Likes

Great to read this advice @Eudaemon
Couldn’t agree more.
Measuring and numers are definitely important. But the love for growing for me comes most from getting to know the plants, getting a “feel” for them.

A good journal that lets you write down the things you see next to measurements is a great way to learn how the plants are influenced and lets you find many correlations imo.

@SweetLeaf looks like an interesting setup you’ve got there. I’ll be grabbing some popcorn.
Good luck with the grow man. Hoping for some good girls.
Rootin’ for ya

7 Likes