Blowgank420’s first grow

I have noticed white salts build up around the pin wholes in the cups. Never seen before anybody know what I’m seeing?

think I’ve learned the art of LIFTA. lmao who knew that’s all they needed to perk back up again.

5 Likes

You must have the Chinese knock of version, the real one is LITFA :wink:

Amazing how it helps these new plants, looking good, put a pic up of what you are seeing in the pin holes, might be roots.

2 Likes

I’m using spring water at the moment that didn’t need ph adjustment. I might of accidentally used a bottle that had water with nutrients in it but that’s it

5 Likes

Did you poke all the holes in the cup from the outside or outside and inside?

The ones with no white look like the hole was pushed in from the outside and the holes with the white from the inside, but that might be what’s building up around the hole making it look like that.

Does it come off when you rub it?

From the outside in. An yes it runs off was just odd

1 Like

ok so I’m going to switch the 2 larger ones over to 1 gallon pots. I think a lot of the problem I’m having is proper drainage. I never mixed any perlite in with the ffof soil. The smallest one I waited almost 10 days before switching to ffof an that ones doing better then these other 2

4 Likes

Looks like they need it, they are starting to overtake those cups, if you have some perlite and or peat moss handy I would add some to your soil, if it has drainage issues.

2 Likes

I do have perlite I’m gonna mix some up right now an get them in there. Thank you for the quick response I really appreciate it

1 Like

So the roots were still nice an white an definitely more then ready to transfer they were almost an inch thick at the bottom of The cup. So now I know better for next round to move them a little sooner

2 Likes

so I’m gonna move the little one to the right into a pot today as well. The other 2 I’m praying come back around but I’m not so sure. Guess time will tell an if they don’t make it at least I know where I went wrong this time

3 Likes

I have and run one. Good light been on a 12/12 cycle for like 3 years now. No days off n its still like new. It flowers good.

2 Likes

Nah thats a 5 its wider than bucket.

2 Likes

They usually go droopy after a transplant, 5-7 days and they will start growing again.

1 Like

Ok I’m going to move the one in the solo cup Into a 1 gallon pot tonite or first thing in the morning before watering. How often do you guys water the 1 gallon pots I was going every other day but that was way smaller plus I added a 30% perlite mix

1 Like

Well you really water to the size of the plants rather than the size of the pot.

Otherwise you could have a problem with water logged roots and a fungus gnat problem. I just put an auto in a 5 gal pot that’s smaller than your smallest plant and it will gett about 100mil water a day, about 2 inches or 5cm away, and around the plant.

2 Likes

Really that’s it? Man I definitely overwatered these then shit. Well that’s another lesson learned. I thought I needed to wet the soil all the way through. Smdh. 100mil is what Like a 1/2 cup of water?

1 Like

Somewhere close to that.

Only if I have a big plant in a big pot, or a small plant in a small pot would I wet all the soil. In my 10 gal pots a 3 ft plant would get 3 liters every 3 - 4 days depending on temps and humidity. Less in winter and slightly more in summer so that the last 4 inches in the bottom of the pot is still moist, not wet, drying more the closer to the top of the pot you get. This will vary depending on how well your soil drains. If you put a liter in, and 3/4 of a liter comes out the bottom in 5 - 10 minutes later, then that’s OK so long as you remove it from the bowl and the pot doesn’t sit in it.

This is how I do it, as I dont like water running all over my floor, I know how much I can use from experience, yours may be different. You dont want your plant sitting in soggy soil for 4 - 7 days though, small plants dont drink a lot. Now if your humidity is low and temps high, then you might load it up with more to raise the humidity in the tent, as it will dry quicker anyway, you still want a fairly quick wet dry cycle to get oxygen back into the root zone.

I dont like watering every day, I am a lazy LITFA grower lol, but with little pots they will dry out in a day so I water every day, with bigger pots I give them enough to wet the soil and it be dry enough to water again in around 3 days. This also allows me to add any amendments I might see lacking every 3-4 days instead of having to wait several in order to do it. You have to tailor it to suit you and the plant. So you could give that plant in the large pot a liter and see how long before it dries out to the point it wilts, then adjust the amount to suit when you want to give it more. If it took 4 days then give it 750 mil and see if it dries in 3, or give it 250 mil and then increase to say 500 if it takes only a day to dry out, then keep it at 500 mil every 2 days. You just have to experiment a bit to find your happy place :slight_smile:

The other concern is fungus gnats if you soil surface is wet for long periods, it gives them longer to breed and lay eggs. I find if my soil is only wet for a day, and then dries down to 1 inch below the surface in that 24 hours, and fully drying every 3 - 4 days they dont get a lot of opportunity. I hope that helps.

3 Likes

I really appreciate all the help an I completely get everybody’s setup/environment is different so I’ll have to play with it a little bit an see what works best for me. But I can say I definitely over watered them. Guess I could crank the intake fan up a bit an try an dry them out. Shit I hope they pull through. I would say I put in at least 20 oz of water 50 60% came back out in drainage. I do have a question though. Let’s say in the next 2 3 days these 2 bigger pots die. Can I remove the dead plant an re use that soil or would the nuts then be burnt up an wasted?

1 Like

Well, it depends on the soil, but I doubt they have used much up being small plants, so I would just put new plants in. You could crank the heat up in there a bit and run your fan that blows on them a bit faster, that will make them expirate more water through their leaves. I dont think they will die, they might get a bit grumpy and not grow much though lol.

It takes a couple of grows for you to get into the swing of how it all works, with photo period plants its not so bad, it just takes a bit longer to get them into flower with all the mistakes while learning and dialing in your grow. You will get there its the same learning anything new, takes time and practice.

3 Likes